Backlinking to an Amazon page --- which url?

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi guys. I have an Amazon product page and I want to build links to it and rank it. But there are multiple different urls for this page depending on how you access it. Is there a specific url I should be building links to, or are they all impacted by links to one specific url?

Thanks!
#amazon #backlinking #page #url
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Build links to the product page, remove anything after the question mark in the URL.

    I guess your the seller & not an affiliate.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672008].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hyaku_Man
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Build links to the product page, remove anything after the question mark in the URL.

      I guess your the seller & not an affiliate.
      Actually they`re kindle books. I see multiple urls to the product page. If I click through from the KDP interface, the url is like this: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber

      but if I enter through Amazon search, the url is like this: amazon.com/product-title/dp/productnumber/referrer

      if I click on the twitter share link the url is like: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber/referrer (but it`s different from the referrer above)

      Facebook and email share buttons give a different url

      If the link juice gets passed to all of them then I guess it doesn`t matter which one I use, but I don`t know if it gets passed to all of them or not.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672033].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
        Originally Posted by Hyaku_Man View Post

        Actually they`re kindle books. I see multiple urls to the product page. If I click through from the KDP interface, the url is like this: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber

        but if I enter through Amazon search, the url is like this: amazon.com/product-title/dp/productnumber/referrer

        if I click on the twitter share link the url is like: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber/referrer (but it`s different from the referrer above)

        Facebook and email share buttons give a different url

        If the link juice gets passed to all of them then I guess it doesn`t matter which one I use, but I don`t know if it gets passed to all of them or not.
        Type the name of your book into Google and see what page Google has indexed. Then use that one.
        Signature

        Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673189].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Hyaku_Man View Post

          Actually they`re kindle books. I see multiple urls to the product page. If I click through from the KDP interface, the url is like this: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber

          but if I enter through Amazon search, the url is like this: amazon.com/product-title/dp/productnumber/referrer

          if I click on the twitter share link the url is like: http://amazon.com/dp/productnumber/referrer (but it`s different from the referrer above)

          Facebook and email share buttons give a different url

          If the link juice gets passed to all of them then I guess it doesn`t matter which one I use, but I don`t know if it gets passed to all of them or not.
          Here's an example URL, this is the #1 current best seller cookbook on Amazon/Kindle.

          Original URL:
          • hxxp://www.amazon.com/Joanne-Flukes-Lake-Eden-Cookbook-ebook/dp/B00EUDKH1A/ref=zg_bs_156154011_1




          Same URL with the tracking ID removed (remove the red part of the URL):
          • hxxp://www.amazon.com/Joanne-Flukes-Lake-Eden-Cookbook-ebook/dp/B00EUDKH1A/ref=zg_bs_156154011_1




          Finished URL that includes a Google cache:


          The easiest way to get your finished URL is to simply look at the top of the Google cache page for your Amazon/Kindle product page URL (example screenshot below). The way you get a Google cache page to show is do a Google search like this:
          • cache:domain.com/product-url-here

          The Google cache page should remove the Amazon tracking ID from the URL (screenshot below).













          Originally Posted by Icematikx View Post

          Type the name of your book into Google and see what page Google has indexed. Then use that one.
          That doesn't work for an exact URL, I just tried it on a Amazon Kindle cookbook search from Google search. After the Google link is clicked Amazon redirects to a tracking ID URL. The tracking ID doesn't have a Google Cache, the cache page strips out the Amazon tracking ID from the URL.
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673245].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            That doesn't work for an exact URL, I just tried it on a Amazon Kindle cookbook search from Google search. After the Google link is clicked Amazon redirects to a tracking ID URL. The tracking ID doesn't have a Google Cache, the cache page strips out the Amazon tracking ID from the URL.
            I just typed in, "Geox Men's U Silvio Penny Loafer Amazon"

            The first page was the correct URL: Amazon.com: Geox Men's U Silvio Penny Loafer:...Amazon.com: Geox Men's U Silvio Penny Loafer:...
            Signature

            Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webblo
    at your product page, you see social share buttons (fb,twitter), share and see the url which you need )
    Signature

    Look at my world :) webblogi.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author extremepassion
    According to my opinion it may happen due to your seller account. I think if are affiliate than it will possible for you and not in seller account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salmanqureshi
    dont know how to get from amazon
    Signature

    [URL="commercepk.com"]Learn Accounting, Auditing,Mangaement,Maketing Banking and many more.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9674587].message }}

Trending Topics