Editing my Wordpress header

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys,

I have a logo with text on my website called www.geldguru.nl

When I enter my website description in the settings it will display this text as well in the header.

For SEO it will be good if I have this website description but I don''t want it viewable for my visitors.

Is there a way to hide this description text for my visitors but still having it viewable for the search engines?
#editing #header #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by convictie View Post

    Hey guys,

    I have a logo with text on my website called www.geldguru.nl

    When I enter my website description in the settings it will display this text as well in the header.

    For SEO it will be good if I have this website description but I don''t want it viewable for my visitors.

    Is there a way to hide this description text for my visitors but still having it viewable for the search engines?
    Generally, you never want to have text hidden from visitors but able to be seen by the search engines. Better solution would be to add alt text to the header image instead.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792301].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author convictie
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Generally, you never want to have text hidden from visitors but able to be seen by the search engines. Better solution would be to add alt text to the header image instead.
      But alt text isn't a h2 tag right?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792308].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by convictie View Post

        But alt text isn't a h2 tag right?
        No it is not an h2 tag, nor do you need it to be.
        Signature
        SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
        Get a FREE Quote.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792496].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by convictie View Post

        But alt text isn't a h2 tag right?
        Add an <h2> to the theme template.

        Code:
        <h2><img src="my-image.jpg" alt="my text here"></h2>
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9793214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Power
    Originally Posted by convictie View Post

    Hey guys,

    I have a logo with text on my website called www.geldguru.nl

    When I enter my website description in the settings it will display this text as well in the header.

    For SEO it will be good if I have this website description but I don''t want it viewable for my visitors.

    Is there a way to hide this description text for my visitors but still having it viewable for the search engines?
    Are you referring to the tagline in the general settings page? If yes, go to the settings and delete the tagline. Doing this will prevent both your visitors and search engines from seeing it but it won't matter since your site will rank well without it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author convictie
      Originally Posted by SEO Power View Post

      Are you referring to the tagline in the general settings page? If yes, go to the settings and delete the tagline. Doing this will prevent both your visitors and search engines from seeing it but it won't matter since your site will rank well without it.
      Yes I am referring to that one. So I don't need it to rank well? Doesn't my keyword in a tagline improve SEO?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792500].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BenJackson
        Originally Posted by convictie View Post

        Yes I am referring to that one. So I don't need it to rank well? Doesn't my keyword in a tagline improve SEO?
        Yes, you don't need that.

        Have you created a meta description for your homepage? It's basically description a that is shown to the search engines like you're looking for.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9793202].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author convictie
          Originally Posted by BenJackson View Post

          Yes, you don't need that.

          Have you created a meta description for your homepage? It's basically description a that is shown to the search engines like you're looking for.
          I have with SEO Yoast. Good to know that I don't need it. Everything should be fine then on page.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9793275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jsam757
    there is no problem even it's visible there ill be no problem..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9792528].message }}

Trending Topics