15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Our site in the last week has fallen was #5 now not in top 10 pages, the only thing we have done is use socialadr using generic keywords on drip. This is a new domain (10 months old), we have been adding unique content written by our self.

What is the best thing to do, to build quality backlinks? (Please do not put unique, quality content...this is a given!) Guest blog on related sites?? Or what?

Thank you.

Dex
#dropped #website
  • Profile picture of the author inetguru_987
    There's a lot of factors that could of caused the drop. The fact you are using automated software doesn't help. Are you still indexed in Google? info:domainname.com to check.

    If you want some good hard nosed advice. Quit wasting time and money on automated software and start building your own private link network. What does everyone say? Good quality content and high quality relevant backlinks. It hasn't changed since the beginning of time yet so many people want to do something else.

    So if you content stinks so will your search results. If your content is good then start buying expired domains, put some decent content on them related to your website and backlink them to your site. Keep doing it until you rank where you want to be. The strategy is really that simple. Of course there is a lot to learn to execute this correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9980679].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
      Have you read my post at ALL? Plonker...

      inetguru_987 not very informative and I presume with your statements you know diddly squat!

      AS I STATED 1 of our many sites was on first page number 5, using socailadr and our PBN, it can't be anything to do with 'automatic software' as you say, as the other domains are still ranking USING THE SAME STRATEGY.

      It's more like a google dance.
      Signature

      We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisNosal
    Banned
    Originally Posted by DexterGallagher View Post

    Our site in the last week has fallen was #5 now not in top 10 pages, the only thing we have done is use socialadr using generic keywords on drip. This is a new domain (10 months old), we have been adding unique content written by our self.

    What is the best thing to do, to build quality backlinks? (Please do not put unique, quality content...this is a given!) Guest blog on related sites?? Or what?

    Thank you.

    Dex
    I went through this myself, lost my business, and had to start from scratch.

    Google is advanced today, and you take a huge risk any time you put any aspect of your business success out of your hands and control, and rely on that to sustain your business.

    They change so fast you're fighting a losing battle - like Jailbreaking the iPhone, it's a fight to keep up with a wall that is going to keep building itself against you, and you none of us have the resources to fight a wall the size of the one Google can build.

    The best thing to do today is build a following, build relationships with other marketers with similar lists, and provide quality content to build a reputation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
      Chris - your comments do NOT answer my question do they?

      I guess there are more muppets on here who know nothing than any where on the internet.


      Originally Posted by ChrisNosal View Post

      I went through this myself, lost my business, and had to start from scratch.

      Google is advanced today, and you take a huge risk any time you put any aspect of your business success out of your hands and control, and rely on that to sustain your business.

      They change so fast you're fighting a losing battle - like Jailbreaking the iPhone, it's a fight to keep up with a wall that is going to keep building itself against you, and you none of us have the resources to fight a wall the size of the one Google can build.

      The best thing to do today is build a following, build relationships with other marketers with similar lists, and provide quality content to build a reputation.
      Signature

      We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dewanr3
    The Google “dance”. It’s normal for rankings to fluctuate. Not just from one day to the next, but from one computer to another, one location to another, and based on a host of other variables. Google is constantly testing every variable it can detect by changing search results. This is part of why it’s counter productive to focus too heavily on specific rankings. Your SEO firm may give you a ranking report, but if you check the rankings on your own computer they may be different, simply because the report was run from a different computer. Or because the rankings have changed since yesterday. Generally rankings that aren’t subject to other forces on this list won’t vary too much, but the Google dance might be the only logical explanation for small drops in rankings.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9981148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fpforum
    Quality backlinks can come from Citation websites like Manta/Yelp..etc... They can also come from guest posting as you suggested in your original post. Along with that, you should look at setting up link wheel or pyramid structure using Web 2.0 sites like Wordpress.com, Blogger..etc. which should all have unique posts linking back to your website on them.
    Signature
    Free SEO Software - Start Improving Your Rankings Today!
    Windows VPS Servers - Cheap Windows VPS Servers With Instant Setup!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9982204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9983455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

      It always amazes me when a person asks for help, then proceeds to tell everybody else the "correct" way to do things. If you were doing things correctly, you wouldn't need help.
      No, he had a problem with people not reading his post. This section of the forum is awful when it comes to that. Read the posts in this thread and you'll see why.

      Dexter, I think I warned you in skype before! LOL.

      What is unique is that your other sites aren't impacted. This tells me that there may be something going on with some specific links to the site that was ranking 5, and are now gone.

      The bigger question though, in order to help you, is I need to know whether this #5 ranking was organic or in the 7 pack for local? If it was for local, then it isn't really about backlinking, but relevance to location and relevance to the industry. Guest blogging isn't exactly beneficial for you if it is a ranking problem in the pack.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9983925].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
        iAmNameLess, thank you - we have not lost any links to the site, the ONLY difference was we used socialadr building generic links such as click here, look at this, etc NO keywords at all for 4-5 days (that is the only difference and as I understand it, that SHOULD not effect the rankings??!).

        We target organic in the USA, not local as the business site is a .com and aimed at the US market.

        We have links on blogs that are niche specific.

        Thank you for your valued input.


        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        No, he had a problem with people not reading his post. This section of the forum is awful when it comes to that. Read the posts in this thread and you'll see why.

        Dexter, I think I warned you in skype before! LOL.

        What is unique is that your other sites aren't impacted. This tells me that there may be something going on with some specific links to the site that was ranking 5, and are now gone.

        The bigger question though, in order to help you, is I need to know whether this #5 ranking was organic or in the 7 pack for local? If it was for local, then it isn't really about backlinking, but relevance to location and relevance to the industry. Guest blogging isn't exactly beneficial for you if it is a ranking problem in the pack.
        Signature

        We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9985676].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        No, he had a problem with people not reading his post. This section of the forum is awful when it comes to that. Read the posts in this thread and you'll see why.
        You're right, of course. This section is full of bots, spammers, and one trick ponies.

        To be fair, the original post is very slim on details. I would not even know how to approach this without knowing more about the situation. That never seems to stop the aforementioned for some reason...

        I'd give it a few days and see it the situation persists. I know, not really an insight, but in case something comes up you've not done something drastic that may negatively affect the results even more.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9985911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DexterGallagher
      LOL! Why is it you ALWAYS get a wise a** when you ask for help? I've been in the SEO industry for over 10 years and it never surprises me when people DON'T read the full post.

      Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

      It always amazes me when a person asks for help, then proceeds to tell everybody else the "correct" way to do things. If you were doing things correctly, you wouldn't need help.
      Signature

      We offer mobile optimized websites at http://mobilewebsitecreationltd.co.uk/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9985671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fullstopseo
    Sound like you have a problem with facts on your website. Add a bunch of correct facts to your content and you're good to go.
    Signature

    Engaging content. Period.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9983767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Fullstopseo View Post

      Sound like you have a problem with facts on your website. Add a bunch of correct facts to your content and you're good to go.
      Holy shit that is stupid.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9984125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multiplecloud
    Do Socialadr add backlink in bulk at once? Google may notice that your website have unusual increase in backlink count and they have algorithm to look at your website.
    Signature

    SafePBN - PBN on different shared hosting company
    █ 100% no bad neighborhood | host pbn at safest
    MultipleCloud - Multiple location hosting provider
    █ 200+ worldwide location | different server | different ip owner | best for pbn

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9985737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karishmasingla
    can you share your website with us? I will analysis and let you know why its ranking drop.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9985800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    I would use Social Bookmarking sites and also use related to your niche forums,, Press Release can also help!
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9986122].message }}

Trending Topics