Web 2.0 sites with highest PageRank?

by Pnigro
13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hmmm I want to make a network of Web 2.0 properties for getting ranked with some keywords and getting some backlinks.

Which are the best sites?
#highest #pagerank #sites #web
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Adamson
    If you mean you want to create a network of content postings on web 2.0 sites (which is what I think you mean) then the usual suspects are WordPress, Blogger, Squidoo, Hub Pages, Vox, LiveJournal, Weebly, anyone think of some I've forgotten?
    Signature
    Could You Be Squeezing More Sales Out Of Your Traffic ?
    Free Report
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1022206].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author diggy20
      Originally Posted by Peter Adamson View Post

      If you mean you want to create a network of content postings on web 2.0 sites (which is what I think you mean) then the usual suspects are WordPress, Blogger, Squidoo, Hub Pages, Vox, LiveJournal, Weebly, anyone think of some I've forgotten?
      Wetpaint and Tumblr are good ones too.
      Signature
      SENuke too expensive? Create powerful automated web bots using UBot. Use discount code: BOTSALE before you buy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1026006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlocab123
    Self promotion aside, I think this will be helpful:
    69 Ways To Build Backlinks (kinda huge)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1025163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dburk
      Hi Pnigro,

      Sites do not have PageRank, it is assigned to individual pages.

      Many "Web 2.0" sites will have a page that lists their top ranked pages or most active or newest pages or whatever. If you can get your content listed on one of these high ranking pages you will get a significant boost in PR, but in most cases these listings are constantly rotated so your benefit is temporary.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1025995].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pnigro
        Originally Posted by dburk View Post

        Hi Pnigro,

        Sites do not have PageRank, it is assigned to individual pages.
        They have an overall amount of PageRank which definitely affects ranking of our content and articles.

        There's a reason why EzineArticles is so popular.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1026505].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dburk
          Originally Posted by Pnigro View Post

          They have an overall amount of PageRank which definitely affects ranking of our content and articles.

          There's a reason why EzineArticles is so popular.
          Hi Pnigro,

          Yes, the pages of a popular website (not the website it's self) will have PageRank and depending on the internal link structure some of that PageRank will be passed to other pages on that website.

          Websites like EzineArticles have lots of great content that is very well optimized for search engines and that is why they are popular, it's got little to do with their PageRank. They have PageRank because they are popular not the other way around.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1027615].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author traceye
    There's also blogsome.com and blog.com (pr 7 and 6)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1027832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kkchoon
    Use SENuke... you can create linkwheel and get links from this software.
    Signature

    Powerful Indexer That Makes Your Backlinks Count ==> Nuclear Link Indexer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1027875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ajcox22
    1. * wordpress.com
    2. * weebly.com
    3. * wetpaint.com
    4. * clearblogs.com
    5. * squidoo.com
    6. * hubpages.com
    7. * blogger.com
    8. * livejournal.com
    9. * vox.com
    10. * quizilla.com
    11. *weebly.com
    12. *blogger.com
    13. *43things.com,
    14. *zimbio.com,
    15. *topix.com,
    16. *knol.google.com
    17. *Gather.com
    18. *Xanga.com
    19. *9rules.com
    20. *eHow.com
    21. *tumblr.com
    22. *wikihow.com/Main-Page
    23. *ning.com
    24. *360.yahoo.com
    25. *squarespace.com


    We have been using this strategy for our clients and for our retail site and the results are insane we brought a site to position one in about a month on yahoo for our targeted kw with moderate competition, i would recommend using it after one of the packages we put together in 10 days from start of seo we were ranking page one for 6 keywords on all the major se's except bing, which is a whole different ball game though, anyway hope this helps, time frame to complete 25 web 2.0 properties usually takes us anywhere between 2-5 days, if you do it yourself it could take a couple weeks it just depends if you get after
    Signature

    Heated Jackets, Heated Gloves, Heated Vests, All Heated Clothing & Gear on SALE! FREE SHIPPING! www.extremesmartproducts.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1030721].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pnigro
      Originally Posted by ajcox22 View Post

      1. * wordpress.com
      2. * weebly.com
      3. * wetpaint.com
      4. * clearblogs.com
      5. * squidoo.com
      6. * hubpages.com
      7. * blogger.com
      8. * livejournal.com
      9. * vox.com
      10. * quizilla.com
      11. *weebly.com
      12. *blogger.com
      13. *43things.com,
      14. *zimbio.com,
      15. *topix.com,
      16. *knol.google.com
      17. *Gather.com
      18. *Xanga.com
      19. *9rules.com
      20. *eHow.com
      21. *tumblr.com
      22. *wikihow.com/Main-Page
      23. *ning.com
      24. *360.yahoo.com
      25. *squarespace.com


      We have been using this strategy for our clients and for our retail site and the results are insane we brought a site to position one in about a month on yahoo for our targeted kw with moderate competition, i would recommend using it after one of the packages we put together in 10 days from start of seo we were ranking page one for 6 keywords on all the major se's except bing, which is a whole different ball game though, anyway hope this helps, time frame to complete 25 web 2.0 properties usually takes us anywhere between 2-5 days, if you do it yourself it could take a couple weeks it just depends if you get after
      Thanks a lot for the list but what strategy are you talking about?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1031216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Patterson
    Banned
    Hi Don,

    I have to strongly disagree with you and I believe many others will too. EZA is popular because of the pagerank because the articles published there always get ranked high...you take another site with no pagerank and thousands of articles and you publish it there and it will not get ranked anywhere in google...pagerank does flow from the homepage...that much is obvious...according to your "theories" its all about keyword optimization and if that were true then you could throw up a brand new blog and optimize a keyword in any article and rank for it..and that almost never happens..unless it has no competition..but even with heavy competition you can rank articles with EZA simply because of their pagerank....pagerank is the key...not optimization..that is just a very small part..you can even rank without optimization from EZA so that dispells your theory as well!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2454377].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dburk
      Originally Posted by Michael Patterson View Post

      Hi Don,

      I have to strongly disagree with you and I believe many others will too. EZA is popular because of the pagerank because the articles published there always get ranked high...you take another site with no pagerank and thousands of articles and you publish it there and it will not get ranked anywhere in google...pagerank does flow from the homepage...that much is obvious...according to your "theories" its all about keyword optimization and if that were true then you could throw up a brand new blog and optimize a keyword in any article and rank for it..and that almost never happens..unless it has no competition..but even with heavy competition you can rank articles with EZA simply because of their pagerank....pagerank is the key...not optimization..that is just a very small part..you can even rank without optimization from EZA so that dispells your theory as well!
      Hi Michael,

      Well I guess we will have to disagree, though I'm not exactly what you disagree with me on. I agree that many publishers find Ezinearticles attractive due to their home page PR, but they did get popular before they got that PageRank. I believe you may be confusing cause with effect.

      I'm sorry that you are not able to rank a new site, though I have no problem doing so, so we must be using very different approaches while implementing my so called "theories". Perhaps you do not yet fully understand my "theories" and practices and you have failed to properly implement them.

      For me it's relevance that is the most important quality to rank a web page. You say "you can rank articles with EZA simply because of their pagerank....pagerank is the key...not optimization", yet how do you explain all those pages that rank well with little or no PR while competitors with much higher PR are ranked lower. If PR is the "key" why does it so often fail?

      I know the answer to that last question, but do you know the answer?

      PR without relevance does nothing for your SERP rankings. PR simply weights the value of a backlinks influence on your page relevance. It's your page relevance that determines where you rank, and yes backlinks play an important role in influencing your page relevance. There is another important factor that weights the value of backlinks and that is TrustRank.

      By the way, this isn't merely my "theories" is also the documented principles an formulas that are published by the creators of Google. I suppose you "disagree" with their "theories" as well, since my own are aligned with theirs.

      The Anatomy of a Search Engine
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2454766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deuxlai
    I think everyone forgotten Facebook. PR10
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2455569].message }}

Trending Topics