When is the next google update?

12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Indexing can happen within seconds. But I doubt the whole linking structure behind a newly added site is fully acknowlegded

For instance, I have several new backlinks one of them being from a DA40 website. Yet I see no increase in traffic, spidering or whatsoever

When is the next update that considers new/changed backlinks?

How frequently are ranking updates?
#google #update
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    They factor in that data every day on a continuous basis!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10130964].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author travelguyharris
      Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

      They factor in that data every day on a continuous basis!
      This cannot be true.

      Even the crawling is weird. Example: My counters shows the google bit was on my site about 7 hours ago. Now when I type in my top level domain into google it shows a snippet with a title-tag that is more than two weeks old.

      Why is that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mirko76
        Originally Posted by travelguyharris View Post

        This cannot be true.

        Even the crawling is weird. Example: My counters shows the google bit was on my site about 7 hours ago. Now when I type in my top level domain into google it shows a snippet with a title-tag that is more than two weeks old.

        Why is that?
        Because the bot doesn't deliver the SERPs. The Google eco system is a bit larger than our home grown crawler with a database backend.
        Last number I heard was Google had 10 million servers around the world in 2011, if I remember right. It takes more than 7 hours to distribute the data from their bots.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131890].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author travelguyharris
          Mirko, the title tag from my TLD in google is two weeks old.

          Also many of y backlinks look as if google has not considered them yet. And Im not talking about the super delayed information google webmaster tools gives out.

          When can I expect my site to be ranked with all changes considered?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uditsh
    The Google update that you are looking for, is Penguin. Still it runs on a periodic basis not real time. Probably that's why you are not getting major changes of your web rank position or organic traffic. No one knows about the next update of any algorithm filter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by uditsh View Post

      The Google update that you are looking for, is Penguin. Still it runs on a periodic basis not real time
      What a load of nonsense. That is NOT the update they are looking for! They are asking when are new links factored into the ranking algorithm which is NOTHING to do with penguin.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andersonbruce82
    You will see the changes in ranking soon after the Google bot crawls your website again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131203].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author patco
      Originally Posted by andersonbruce82 View Post

      You will see the changes in ranking soon after the Google bot crawls your website again.
      Just add another article and ping your website to speed up the process!
      Signature

      A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
      Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hemanth Malli
    Hi,

    Google has given the Latest Update i.e., Phantom. According to that Google closely checking the fresh content in every website.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by andersonbruce82 View Post

      You will see the changes in ranking soon after the Google bot crawls your website again.
      and if they don't then the links they got suck
      Originally Posted by Hemanth Malli View Post

      Google has given the Latest Update i.e., Phantom. According to that Google closely checking the fresh content in every website.
      ...and WTF has that got to do with what the OP is asking?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by travelguyharris View Post

    Indexing can happen within seconds. But I doubt the whole linking structure behind a newly added site is fully acknowlegded

    For instance, I have several new backlinks one of them being from a DA40 website. Yet I see no increase in traffic, spidering or whatsoever

    When is the next update that considers new/changed backlinks?

    How frequently are ranking updates?
    DA has nothing to do with if the links are good or bad. If you are going to look at useless metrics, the PA of the page where your link is actually on would tell you more. Still not very accurate though.

    It will likely take weeks or longer for you to see an impact.
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travelguyharris
    By ping you mean submitting it to google manually?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10131973].message }}

Trending Topics