1. I have the only website in the niche that's built on white hat SEO, and I am seeing links to my website being sent from a PBN, and a very well-constructed one, too (don't know if the website are somehow penalized or sm. but they are all very good for a PBN with very good metrics and indexed).
2. My website is under reviews for Linking TOS by Amazon for some things like the button not being clear enough about leading to Amazon (while players like Top10Reviews have buttons that say "Visit site"). I have no doubt that somebody reported the website and I' fairly certain the PBN stuff and this thing are related.
What's the strange part?
The strange part is this - if I am not crazy, if you want to send somebody a bad link, you make sure the link has the biggest impact possible.
Yet, these sites are:
- well-structured with very little of the known PBN footprints
- the article are neither copied nor spun, very well-written native level English articles
- they link to authority websites apart from my website (which is counter-intuitive for a negative SEO link)
I have reversed engineered this PBN, the website it links to and the websites that are in those niches that would thrive if the former ones would go down. It's fairly obvious which ones belong to the one person (people) trying this. The one thing that they can't do is try and report me to Google for something because it's fair to assume that I did just what I did and I know their websites and he has a lot more to loose than I do if I report his PBN. Especially because of all his websites are purely black hat and my one website is clean.
I am still not 100% sure that this is what's going on, because some of the things don't make sense, and I'd like to hear what fellow warriors think.
Thanks for bearing with me through the nitty-gritty of this lengthy thread starter