how effective is reciprocal link in 2015 SEO

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Does reciprocal link really help to improve SERP?
#2015 #effective #link #reciprocal #seo
  • Matt Cutts once mentioned in his video "I can tell you I usually ignore all reciprocal link exchange requests via unsolicited emails and recommend you do to. It’s also against Google TOS to do this type of reciprocal link exchange"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10360806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    This kind of linking method only intends to manipulate the rankings and it has nothing to do with improving your SERP.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10360823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      All links that you create intend to manipulate the rankings. If you manipulate rankings, by definition, it's got to do with improving your SERP.

      Because if your SERP improves your ranking improve; if your SERP tank, your ranking tank. By definition.

      Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

      This kind of linking method only intends to manipulate the rankings and it has nothing to do with improving your SERP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362554].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        All links that you create intend to manipulate the rankings. If you manipulate rankings, by definition, it's got to do with improving your SERP.
        Link exchange, Reciprocal link are considered as manipulative method, but gaining links from related authority sites are far different. An organic way to rank in searches.

        Originally Posted by DABK View Post

        Because if your SERP improves your ranking improve; if your SERP tank, your ranking tank. By definition.
        Kindly rephrase, I honestly didn't understand this statement because of redundancy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370693].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DABK
          Site owners create links in order to manipulate rankings. I have, yet, to find one who does it for some other reason. My objection was to you saying "it has nothing to do with improving your SERP."

          Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

          Link exchange, Reciprocal link are considered as manipulative method, but gaining links from related authority sites are far different. An organic way to rank in searches.



          Kindly rephrase, I honestly didn't understand this statement because of redundancy.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10371461].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
            Originally Posted by yukon View Post

            SEO is manipulating the SERPs. That's the whole point.
            Agreed on that, but my point is these kind of link exchanges is well known by Google before, so using these method is useless to affect your SERP.

            Originally Posted by DABK View Post

            My objection was to you saying "it has nothing to do with improving your SERP."
            It is because Google already knew these kind of link scheming so it will not affect nor increase your SERP.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10381312].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
              Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

              Agreed on that, but my point is these kind of link exchanges is well known by Google before, so using these method is useless to affect your SERP.
              I'd say that link exchanges that are facilitated by some 3rd party, and ask for money are inherently somewhat risky. If you're getting a link from your pal and linking back to them - well, that's just internet.
              Signature
              Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
              Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

              What's your excuse?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10383088].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
                Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

                I'd say that link exchanges that are facilitated by some 3rd party, and ask for money are inherently somewhat risky. If you're getting a link from your pal and linking back to them - well, that's just internet.
                Whether if it is human generated, 3rd party, and just internet its still violates the guidelines of Google.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384768].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
                  Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

                  Whether if it is human generated, 3rd party, and just internet its still violates the guidelines of Google.
                  I'm not going to read the TOS, and I assume you've not done it either, but here's Google's take on link schemes.

                  Yes, link exchanges are on that page, but the word you missed is "excessive". If you've got a blogroll of your pals it's still completely ok. That's how the so-called "blogosphere" has worked for years.

                  If you've got a post up to exchange links with semi-random sites then it's probably not ok from Google's point of view.
                  Signature
                  Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
                  Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

                  What's your excuse?
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384992].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author DABK
                  Scenario:

                  I have a site with amazing mortgage info and calculators.

                  My uncle is a real estate agent. He has a site where he showcases his properties for sale. And some amazing info about how to negotiate.

                  My site is the best in city. My uncle's site is the best in my city.

                  Are you saying it's against Google's rules for me to link to his site and him to link to mine?

                  That I should link to the 2nd best? That he should link to the 2nd best?

                  C'mon.

                  Also, people who've never met each other do, at times, end up with reciprocal links... Because they have the right info on their sites.

                  In my case, some guy in Colorado linked to one of my sites. So, I checked his site out. Liked his site. Linked to one of his articles... It was perfect for my visitors and beyond my ability to create better.... And I did not feel like plagiarizing that day.

                  Happens to me some times like that. I can't be the only one to whom it happens.

                  Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

                  Whether if it is human generated, 3rd party, and just internet its still violates the guidelines of Google.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by KylieSweet View Post

      This kind of linking method only intends to manipulate the rankings and it has nothing to do with improving your SERP.

      Try a Google search for the definition of oxymoron because that doesn't make a bit of sense.

      SEO is manipulating the SERPs. That's the whole point.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author munna695
    Thank you for all advice.. I am really worried now, How to get backlink!! Blog comments are almost all nofollow, Reciprocal link will not work good. Moreover almost every directories charge a high rate. Now it's turn to a nightmare for me.

    Can anyone give me some idea, How will I proceed? My site is wedding officiant related..

    Actually I am thinking about an Idea,

    I have two sites which are contextually related.. If I start to do reciprocal link exchange- get backlink from my link partner or any directory site and give them link from my another site. What do you think about it guys?

    Does Google mark it as manipulation, unethical activities. and give me slap for this??

    Let me know please..
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      Your idea works: You create 2 sites: 1 site for you to give links to folks, and your money site, to get links from them.

      Otherwise, you can:

      You create such awesome content that folks won't be able to stop themselves from linking to you.

      You create good content and you ask folks to link to your content because your content will help the people visiting their site and, therefore, themselves.

      You create a bunch of web 2.0 properties. Then you create a bunch of other web 2.0 properties. Then a third bunch of web 2.0 properties. (You can, of course, create self-hosted sites too).

      You link the third bunch to the 2nd and the 2nd to the 1st and the 1st to your money site.

      You buy links.

      You comment on blogs. You choose blogs that have tons of visitors. You write such interesting comments that people fill compelled to click on your link. Your link takes them to such amazing content on your site that they want to link to it.

      You participate in forums in your industry and your posts are such high quality that people will visit the site you link to in your signature, read some of the content and link to it.

      You write an article and peddle it to site owners in your niche...

      If you can't create quality content/comments, you're left with creating lots of blog comments and lots of crappy web 2.0 properties... which is harder/more expensive, all things considered than creating or purchasing good content.

      Originally Posted by munna695 View Post

      Thank you for all advice.. I am really worried now, How to get backlink!! Blog comments are almost all nofollow, Reciprocal link will not work good. Moreover almost every directories charge a high rate. Now it's turn to a nightmare for me.

      Can anyone give me some idea, How will I proceed? My site is wedding officiant related..

      Actually I am thinking about an Idea,

      I have two sites which are contextually related.. If I start to do reciprocal link exchange- get backlink from my link partner or any directory site and give them link from my another site. What do you think about it guys?

      Does Google mark it as manipulation, unethical activities. and give me slap for this??

      Let me know please..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10361854].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author munna695
        Thanks DABK, You make me a bit relaxed, now I can utilize my multiple site for link exchange..And also Thanks a lot for Web2.0 Idea..I think I need to use all unique article for each web2.0 properties. Am I right?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Neurropatic
    I would recommend you read few posts on Backlinko and Quicksprout - a lot of great link building techniques there which thinks outside the box.

    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10362181].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Neurropatic View Post

      I would recommend you read few posts on Backlinko and Quicksprout - a lot of great link building techniques there which thinks outside the box.

      Good luck.
      I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THAT AT ALL.

      Quicksprout is a scam.
      Backlinko is newb.

      Try doing your own research. There's plenty of billion dollar companies in this field, what are they doing? Maybe you should figure out what they do and do that instead of following some hack/scrub/salesman.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaintechnosoft
    Keep in mind, it's not so much the type of link that matters, it's the quality of the link. Reciprocal links can be of very high value in SEO marketing, as long as they come from good sources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10370957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carl Hardy
    not all reciprocal links are helpful for serp postilion u should links from related websites ,,
    Signature
    Defence Industries - procurement platform for key decision makers to expand business opportunities globally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10371472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author munna695
    Method of link building strategies are always controversial. Anyway, If contextually related reciprocal links really help for increasing SERP. Then I am fine, because my all links are contextually related. However, I already start to contact related site to build some one way link.I mean, Link partner will give me backlink for my money site, and I will give him backlink from my sister site. Which is contextually related.

    I hope this will work, IS IT DABK? Let me know if anyone have more advice about this strategy
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372949].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      It is one way of getting links... It would be better if the pages you get links from have a few links...

      Originally Posted by munna695 View Post

      Method of link building strategies are always controversial. Anyway, If contextually related reciprocal links really help for increasing SERP. Then I am fine, because my all links are contextually related. However, I already start to contact related site to build some one way link.I mean, Link partner will give me backlink for my money site, and I will give him backlink from my sister site. Which is contextually related.

      I hope this will work, IS IT DABK? Let me know if anyone have more advice about this strategy
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10373389].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author munna695
        OK, I will keep my eyes on it also.. Thank you.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author attorneydavid
    If you use a non-commercial keyword and the other site is logically related to yours I'd be surprised if it hurt and probably would help. A certain amount of reciprocal linking is natural and might help your site appear non-manipulated.
    Signature

    I've lost 90 pounds(160+ overall) fasting since January 2016 after failing for years on diets that just made me sick and miserable. Check out Prudently.com where I'm writing about fasting and weight loss. Get a Brandable Domain Name at Name Perfection.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384525].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kherk Roldan
    Reciprocal links may not be quite as valuable as inbound links, but they are still an important and valuable part of SEO strategy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaintechnosoft
    Reciprocals links are long gone. You even risk a penalty if you acquire them on a huge scale. Reciprocals links are long gone. You even risk a penalty if you acquire them on a huge scale. The maximum number of links that come into your website will fall in your niche but you may also want links from websites that are completely different so that it looks natural from the search engine point of view.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikimini
    Breaking the rules of Google TOS maybe you'll not be banned from google, but if reciprocal are too much your site will be going to the bottom pages of google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10385150].message }}

Trending Topics