Where to get Dental Backlinks

26 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Im looking to get backlinks for the Dental niche. I wanted to get everyones thoughts on where to get the best links? Blogs, comments, buying backlinks, getting backlinks from dental sites, etc

Thanks!
#backlinks #dental
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Create a site on teeth whitening, one on tooth extraction, on one aligning your teeth, and you'll have 3 great sources.

    Originally Posted by michaelnocomply View Post

    Im looking to get backlinks for the Dental niche. I wanted to get everyones thoughts on where to get the best links? Blogs, comments, buying backlinks, getting backlinks from dental sites, etc

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417264].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irawr
      Banned
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      Create a site on teeth whitening, one on tooth extraction, on one aligning your teeth, and you'll have 3 great sources.
      But SEO requires work, he was expecting you to just hand it to him.

      I personally would build an excel sheet with every single dental website on the planet, learn about these people, communicate with them, try to be their friends, and try to get links that way. Or give them things that they can put on their website which contain a link to you. People like free things.

      And DABK, I really don't recommend the tooth whitening niche. My TW site definitely falls into the "wow that was a dumb idea" category.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417784].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        This question has been answered many time on this forum alone. There's a Search button.

        But there are only so many good ways:

        Create sites,
        buy sites,
        make friends with site owners and give them a reason to link to you,
        create something site owners want to link to, then present it to site owners you've never spoken to before.

        Where do you get dental backlinks? From sites of dental practices. There's dental in Dental practice, Dental office, Dental association, dental instruments...

        Thanks for the teeth whitening tip. If I ever go into that niche, I'm ahead.

        I'm not in the niche, so I don't know what's good and what's bad... There was a guy here a while back who made a site on emergency dentistry, ranked it #1 for a particular city. He couldn't sell the leads to anyone one at no price point.

        But that's besides the point, if you're in the niche, you know what's good and what's not, or can learn: then you create sites, buy sites, or create content and convince site owners to link to.

        Or you can do a lot of what most people here consider good and don't get results or get them with many times more work.

        I said it before... I ranked 2 sites for the same keyword several months apart. One took over 600 link, the way most people here suggest you go about getting them.

        One took 6 or 9, I don't remember which, from sites I owned in the same niche.

        This I did not say before: I used the sites in that niche to rank some other sites too.

        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        But SEO requires work, he was expecting you to just hand it to him.

        I personally would build an excel sheet with every single dental website on the planet, learn about these people, communicate with them, try to be their friends, and try to get links that way. Or give them things that they can put on their website which contain a link to you. People like free things.

        And DABK, I really don't recommend the tooth whitening niche. My TW site definitely falls into the "wow that was a dumb idea" category.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10418184].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        I personally would build an excel sheet with every single dental website on the planet, learn about these people, communicate with them, try to be their friends, and try to get links that way. Or give them things that they can put on their website which contain a link to you. People like free things.
        Just how would this work?

        It seems to me that dentist hire someone to build their website and maybe, in a very few cases, maintain it. They do not get directly involved and really do not care about including links to another website, even if the other website is their childhood friend fellow dentist.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419078].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wAvision
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post


        And DABK, I really don't recommend the tooth whitening niche. My TW site definitely falls into the "wow that was a dumb idea" category.
        I am interested in hearing why you feel this way if you don't mind?
        Signature
        They Say You Can't...Show Them How
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419489].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author irawr
          Banned
          Originally Posted by wAvision View Post

          I am interested in hearing why you feel this way if you don't mind?
          Uh, the competition in the SERPs is insane? I found some keywords over time where I was able to get onto the first page, the traffic volumes are garbage. I don't feel like spending 10k on citations, and even then I still wouldn't be any where near the top 10 on the main keywords.

          I should have done small niches about separate product types, that might have worked. Or a keywords like "how to get white teeth naturally" but there's little intent to buy on that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419562].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author wAvision
            Originally Posted by irawr View Post

            Uh, the competition in the SERPs is insane? I found some keywords over time where I was able to get onto the first page, the traffic volumes are garbage. I don't feel like spending 10k on citations, and even then I still wouldn't be any where near the top 10 on the main keywords.

            I should have done small niches about separate product types, that might have worked. Or a keywords like "how to get white teeth naturally" but there's little intent to buy on that.
            Ok, yeah it seems like you were on a different track than what I had in mind....
            Signature
            They Say You Can't...Show Them How
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420934].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
        Originally Posted by irawr View Post

        I personally would build an excel sheet with every single dental website on the planet, learn about these people, communicate with them, try to be their friends, and try to get links that way. Or give them things that they can put on their website which contain a link to you. People like free things.
        Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

        Just how would this work?

        It seems to me that dentist hire someone to build their website and maybe, in a very few cases, maintain it. They do not get directly involved and really do not care about including links to another website, even if the other website is their childhood friend fellow dentist.
        Any response? I keep seeing where people say build a relationship with other people in your industry and get them to give you a link. But no one ever explains how to actually do that.

        I have seen multiple IM sites where the website owners do cross promoting. However, I have not seen any service, merchant, or professional site do any cross linking with anyone in the same business/industry/niche.

        So, just how does this work?

        Thanks!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420817].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

          I have seen multiple IM sites where the website owners do cross promoting. However, I have not seen any service, merchant, or professional site do any cross linking with anyone in the same business/industry/niche.
          You have not seen it because that generally does not happen.

          Ten years ago you saw it quite a bit when link exchanging was all the rage. Many professional businesses had those common "links.html" pages where they linked out to other sites in exchange for them linking back to them.

          Today, it just really does not happen. Dentists are not spending their time online "building relationships".
          Signature
          New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
          Open for A Limited Time!

          Request to Join
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420825].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            You have not seen it because that generally does not happen.

            Ten years ago you saw it quite a bit when link exchanging was all the rage. Many professional businesses had those common "links.html" pages where they linked out to other sites in exchange for them linking back to them.

            Today, it just really does not happen. Dentists are not spending their time online "building relationships".
            That is exactly my point. Yet over and over again, people say get links by building relationships with other websites in your business/industry/niche and they are not talking just about reciprocal links.

            For instance, a lot of so called SEO experts are telling a dentist1 to build relationships with dentist2, dentist3, etc, and then ask dentist2, dentist3, etc., to link to them (dentist1).

            From what I have seen, it really just doesn't work. Those kind of links are almost non-existent. When was the last time you went into a shoe store and they recommended another shoe store?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421231].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author irawr
          Banned
          Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

          Any response? I keep seeing where people say build a relationship with other people in your industry and get them to give you a link. But no one ever explains how to actually do that.

          I have seen multiple IM sites where the website owners do cross promoting. However, I have not seen any service, merchant, or professional site do any cross linking with anyone in the same business/industry/niche.

          So, just how does this work?

          Thanks!
          You work at it. It's not going to be easy. There's no guide around somewhere that tells you how to do it. Notice I said every single one on that planet because MikeFriedman is right, they generally don't. Best case you will end up talking with the person responsible for managing their online profiles/website. This is more of a network marketing type of question which is why I initially did not answer you.

          This is the same issue offline business' have when trying to establish relationships with distributors. The suppliers don't want to do business with you unless you're in the business, how do you get into the business without having relationships with distributors? Sell empty bags? Buy the products from a wholesaler and put them on your shelf? Obviously you'll find some small time operation that will be willing to work with you and that's how you get started.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10420835].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
            Originally Posted by irawr View Post

            You work at it. It's not going to be easy. There's no guide around somewhere that tells you how to do it. Notice I said every single one on that planet because MikeFriedman is right, they generally don't. Best case you will end up talking with the person responsible for managing their online profiles/website. This is more of a network marketing type of question which is why I initially did not answer you.

            This is the same issue offline business' have when trying to establish relationships with distributors. The suppliers don't want to do business with you unless you're in the business, how do you get into the business without having relationships with distributors? Sell empty bags? Buy the products from a wholesaler and put them on your shelf? Obviously you'll find some small time operation that will be willing to work with you and that's how you get started.
            On your first point, I think you are right that the best case is that you end up talking with the person who manages the website. But, how will the dentist who owns the website feel when he/she sees a link from his/he site to another dentist? I bet the vast majority would not like it and would probably fire the webmaster.

            On your second point, you are mixing up wholesale and retail. Most wholesalers/suppliers/distributors are willing to deal with retailers because it should boost their sales. In the online world, they would be willing to give a link to a retailer because it should boost their business. But it is highly unlikely that a retailer will give another retailer in the same business/industry/niche a link. At least, I haven's seen it happen.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421258].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author DABK
              Why on earth would you try to get a dentist to link to another dentist?

              You get links from related niches... If in the same niche, you get a blogger who blogs about dentistry, not a dentist. Or connect a dentist in New York to one in Toronto.

              You always take into account competitor or not?

              Home insurance agent to mortgage broker
              Mortgage broker to real estate agent
              Real estate agent to home insurance

              banana seller to apricot seller
              apricot seller to apple seller

              And, they don't give it to you, you earn it... through money, through content, through a link (which, these days means, you have 2 websites, one to get a link to, one to give back a link).

              That said, it's still hard work, you still contact more than 1 or 2.

              That said, you might want to consider creating your own sites.

              I have a bunch of sites. Some I care more about than others. So, I check all kinds of things about them all the time. Every now and again, I'm pleasantly surprised by a link I did not create. Someone in a related industry found one of my pages and linked to it.

              Does it happen often? Noooo. But it does happen.

              Every now and again, I get contacted by people like me... Well, sort of (I present better quality). People who ask me if they can guest-post.

              I always say, give me a quality article and I post it. The last 3 were spun, and badly spun... one of them had sin-versa (in case you haven't had your coffee yet, that's what spinning software does to vice-versa). One, though, was from an SEO agency that seemed to get it.

              I told them, yes, as long is quality (no basic stuff, no generalities).

              What they sent was not quite good enough (too many generalities, some basic stuff). But they seemed to have read / skimmed everything on the site they were interested in. I say that because they provided me an article that covered something I had not covered at all.

              So, a bit too basic, a bit too many generalities but on a topic entirely lacking on my site? I said, heck, why not? I do need something like that.

              A year later, they're still getting their link.

              Another one. People post comments... I read every comment before I approve. I've approved about 12 in the last several hundred... No, I don't read all... I delete most without even looking at them. But, every now and again, I noticed a few that seem to merit reading.

              Anyway, I got a spun comment from a real estate agent. I contacted them directly and told them their SEO person had spammed my site. If they wanted a link, I was willing to give them one, just not through a spun stupid comment... Never got an answer.

              So. It's hard. It can be done. It's requires work and thinking.

              Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

              On your first point, I think you are right that the best case is that you end up talking with the person who manages the website. But, how will the dentist who owns the website feel when he/she sees a link from his/he site to another dentist? I bet the vast majority would not like it and would probably fire the webmaster.

              On your second point, you are mixing up wholesale and retail. Most wholesalers/suppliers/distributors are willing to deal with retailers because it should boost their sales. In the online world, they would be willing to give a link to a retailer because it should boost their business. But it is highly unlikely that a retailer will give another retailer in the same business/industry/niche a link. At least, I haven's seen it happen.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421857].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author AlphaWarrior
                Originally Posted by DABK View Post

                Why on earth would you try to get a dentist to link to another dentist?
                I don't know and I would not try it. But that is exactly what I see some so called SEO experts saying to do. From what I can tell, it just doesn't work. It is a waste of time.

                Maybe I am just too literal. When someone says build relationships and get links from other people in the same niche, I take it to mean the same niche, not a related niche. I have no problem with saying build relationships and ask for links from people in a related niche. They are not direct competitors and what you have may be beneficial to their viewers.

                What you have described is good. Thanks!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422539].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author irawr
              Banned
              Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

              On your second point, you are mixing up wholesale and retail. Most wholesalers/suppliers/distributors are willing to deal with retailers because it should boost their sales. In the online world, they would be willing to give a link to a retailer because it should boost their business. But it is highly unlikely that a retailer will give another retailer in the same business/industry/niche a link. At least, I haven's seen it happen.
              I was talking about retailing, not SEO. Many retailers are forced to buy from wholesalers to get established before they can work with distributors and suppliers. I always felt this was a ridiculous aspect of retailing.

              It's the same type of chicken and the egg problem. Let me be little bit more clear about what I'm saying here. Good luck building dental backlinks, you need something worth linking to, without having something, it isn't going to work very well. If there are channels that can be utilized, I suggest using them, since building new channels is going to require a really long list of targets. As a few people pointed out, that doesn't sound like it's going to work very well.

              With a long list of targets, you have a lot of sites you can investigate for backlink opportunities. The targets themselves might be useless, but you might uncover targets that are not.

              I realize now that I should not have posted since the best way to get dental backlinks would be to buy them and I don't actually have any idea other then donating money to sites that will link back to you.

              Originally Posted by AlphaWarrior View Post

              Most wholesalers/suppliers/distributors are willing to deal with retailers because it should boost their sales.
              Rent a storefront, take pictures of your empty shop, start talking to distributors, tell me how that works out for you. Depending on the industry, you might get denied a lot, many of them have credit terms and without proof of establishment and proof of income/sales they won't work with you.

              Edit: Also, who sidetracked this? Did I do it? Most of the people in the thread are not actually discussing what the OP asked. He never said he's doing SEO for a dentist. It could be a site about DIY home dentistry for all we know.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10422792].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tangoboy
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      Create a site on teeth whitening, one on tooth extraction, on one aligning your teeth, and you'll have 3 great sources.
      New Site will have DA as 1. Will it really help?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10423220].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Yes, it will help. It will help more if you do some internal linking the right way. It will have even more yet if you get it some backlinks. Even more yet on top of the first yet if you make it part of a private domain.

        But it will help from day 1. I know because the first time I did something like this, the time I keep talking about on this forum, I created a site and, from the 1st second, it linked to my money site. Then, I created another one, then another one. And linked right away. I created them as fast as I could (6 in 5 days).

        Still, within the week, my money site was in the same position (4) for the same keyword as another site I had had earlier had been for the same keyword after over 600 article, blogging, etc. links. And that took a lot longer to create.

        Now 3 years later, since I have those sites still, every time I want to be on page 1 for a keyword, I give myself a link or two from those sites and I'm #4 or higher. Unless I go for a tough keyword, then I'm 9-12. And I have to access other sites I have to move to #1. (I don't give myself more than 2 links from any site... It does help some, but I'm afraid Google will start thinking the site giving the link is too much into link-juice trading.)

        Originally Posted by tangoboy View Post

        New Site will have DA as 1. Will it really help?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonjoel
    Why don't you try social media? You can get your Dental advertise and you can also get your dental backlinks as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manojte
    You can not get a particular location to get a dental backlinks, You can search for "Dental care Dubai" then you get many dental sites as well as his links on Dubai region.. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10417825].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Pick a really competitive city like New York, Baltimore, Dallas... whatever.

    Then take a look at the top ranking sites in those cities and identify where they are getting links from. Use the same sources where you can and figure out ways to emulate other good links.

    Or you could publicly ask on a forum known for having users that give mostly horrible SEO advice.
    Signature
    New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
    Open for A Limited Time!

    Request to Join
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10418196].message }}
  • Start with health forums and start guest posts on blogs related to your niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10418901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yogyogi
    Check for facebook pages related to dental world - like dental hospitals, advices there you can do link comments to get a little google weight age for your website.
    Signature
    WordPress, jQuery, HTML tutorials for Beginners & Experts.
    Professional Web Developer providing high quality Ecommerce Website Designing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10419511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StevenSamuels
    There are 10 ways to Build Dental Website Backlinks
    1.Look to your dentist referral partnerships first.
    2.Look to your dental supplies and equipment companies next
    3.Make sure your website is listed on the websites of any local organizations to which you belong.
    4.Dental patients, family and friends professional websites.
    5.Establish your own presence on 3rd party review websites.
    6.Every social media website available to you.
    7.Press releases about you and your dental practice
    8.Create fun, comical or entertaining content
    9.Sponsor a local event
    10.Writing guest articles for online publications
    TRY all methods and get more niche back-links for your website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10421316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aars14
    Easiest way is to find relevant dental blogs and start commenting and contributing according to the post and get backlinks in return.
    Signature
    "Stuck With Adwords/PPC Campaigns? Want to Increase Conversions? Setup New Campaign? Improve current Adwords Performance Contact Google Certified Partners." -Warrior Forum Thread
    Have you Started following my Aliraza.co - Internet Marketing Blog?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10423108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sprucevn
    Dental website backlinks can be created by the following methods:
    1. it prioritises to look to your dental referal partner.
    2. it is the second priority to look to dental provision and equipment companies.
    3. there's no need to ensure that your website has been listed on any local organizations.
    4. you can build at dental patients, friends and family profession websites.
    5. social media website is available for you, especially relating to dental.
    6. press release
    7. you are possible to create funny content and guest articles.
    Good success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10424122].message }}
  • Simple. Find dentist companies on google page one and ask if you can buy some adspace on their website. You could probably land a link on their webpage for cheap if you know how to talk to people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10427270].message }}

Trending Topics