How to manipulate Domain Authority, Trust Flow and other domain metrics

11 replies
  • SEO
  • |
What do you guys think?

#authority #domain #flow #manipulate #metrics #trust
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Why in the world would you want to manipulate DA, PA, and TF/CF?

    The only reason to do that is to scam people into buying links or domains from you that in reality have no value, and then you can turn the redirect off after you sell it to them, point it at something else, and rinse and repeat.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10460464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
    I too see no point unless you are intending to scam people.

    DA, PA and TF/CF are not metrics that any search engine uses in the ranking of a site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10460484].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

    What do you guys think?
    This is a technique to scam people, have you been on these forums? Please delete your post, the world does not need you instructing people on how to scam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10460516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anhvu
      Originally Posted by irawr View Post

      This is a technique to scam people, have you been on these forums? Please delete your post, the world does not need you instructing people on how to scam.
      Powerful sentence guy!!!
      "The world does not need you instructing people on how to scam" Like this
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10461184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DannyVeiga
    This is not needed and is just a blatant scam. You're not doing anything to help others and just "trying" to manipulate visitors into thinking you're something that you're not.

    Even if you think "hmm what will Google think" - then you're already way off the mark.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10461146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
    This isn't teaching people how to scam. This is teaching people how to not get scammed and what to watch for when you're basing your entire domain purchase off trust flow. That's like saying a bookstore shouldn't selling hacking books because you should teach people to hack.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10462559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

      This isn't teaching people how to scam. This is teaching people how to not get scammed and what to watch for when you're basing your entire domain purchase off trust flow. That's like saying a bookstore shouldn't selling hacking books because you should teach people to hack.

      You clearly said this was for scamming people that buy domains.


      0:28 wanna do something black hat like raise the metrics of the domains of penalizing
      0:32 it just because you want to sell it on GoDaddy for $2000 I just want to talk
      0:37 about how you would go about doing that...
      Disappointing because your thread about long term image links was solid.

      BTW, Google doesn't follow HTML meta redirects. They'll still cache the original page. The original page has to load the HTML source code in order for the meta redirect timer to start counting down.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10462592].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
        Of course a get-rich-quick "easy $2000 method" is going to lengthen my viewer retention, help push it through the SERPs of YT, and take those initial 100 viewers I sent and turn them into 1000 views in just a couple days without any work on my behalf.

        Whether I teach it or don't teach it, people still do it and have been doing it. I watch Warrior after Warrior get scammed because they don't educate themselves on what I just taught. Now hundreds of white hat people know what to watch for when buying a domain name.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463323].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by Josh MacDonald View Post

          Of course a get-rich-quick "easy $2000 method" is going to lengthen my viewer retention, help push it through the SERPs of YT, and take those initial 100 viewers I sent and turn them into 1000 views in just a couple days without any work on my behalf.

          Whether I teach it or don't teach it, people still do it and have been doing it. I watch Warrior after Warrior get scammed because they don't educate themselves on what I just taught. Now hundreds of white hat people know what to watch for when buying a domain name.
          Lol.

          This is funny. In no way does your tone in that video or anything you say in that video suggest you are trying to help people from getting scammed.

          And what you showed does not help prevent that. If someone is using a trick like this, they are doing the 301 redirect through .htaccess, which you will not be able to read. OpenSiteExplorer may catch a few 301 redirects, but it does not catch them all. 301 redirects do not get picked up by places like Ahrefs or Majestic, so 99 times out of 100, you would not even be aware of where a redirect is coming from to investigate it.
          Signature
          SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
          Get a FREE Quote.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463353].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Josh MacDonald
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            If someone is using a trick like this, they are doing the 301 redirect through .htaccess, which you will not be able to read. OpenSiteExplorer may catch a few 301 redirects, but it does not catch them all. 301 redirects do not get picked up by places like Ahrefs or Majestic, so 99 times out of 100, you would not even be aware of where a redirect is coming from to investigate it.
            If you decided to use technical terms like user-agent, I could better understand what you're trying to say and address your misunderstanding.

            Where the redirect is coming from doesn't matter, who we are redirecting is what matters.

            We direct all traffic based on who they are. Search engines don't get passed through, but everyone else gets a 301. For example, rogerbot is Moz's user-agent, so obviously they'll get a 301 from our script.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10464110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackda
    DA, PA, and TF/CF are not worth for me

    Dofollow links and quality links on high quality sites are really important to increase rankings on SERPs for my blogs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10463329].message }}

Trending Topics