Let me give you some logic to support my statement.
• Wordpress enables you to put title tag and meta description without any hassle. You can use a different title for search engine, and social media. Google only shows 512 pixel or approximate 60-70 characters title on their result page. So for social media you can do it by having a free plugin named SEO plugin by Yoast.
• In wordpress Yoast SEO plugin automatically generates a sitemap for you. You can modify your sitemap if needed.
• In wordpress, a plugin like Yoast SEO plugin helps you identify how many times you have used your keywords and if you did the right use of those keywords.
• Whenever you post content on your wordpress blog it automatically ping to a list of search engine for faster indexing. By default wordpress sends all new update to pingomatic, but you can also add other services manually.
• WordPress gives you many free responsive themes matched with upcoming trends. All themes are mobile friendly. The more responsive it from mobile the more SEO advantages you will earn.
• WordPress automatically inserts dashes in the url in between words.
• Adding a breadcrumb navigation is easy in wordpress.
• Whether it's a personal blog or an ecommerce site wordpress is very easy to manipulate.
• Image optimization is very easy from wordpress dashboard by WP Smush.
Above all, you need no technical knowledge in WordPress so it's time saving. It has free resources that will help you to cut on cost.