20 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi warriors,

I have read a lot of things about google's last algorithm update which is supposed to apply to our rankings from 11/01/2016

The last few days i have seen my websites rankings going up and down, and some of the websites have lost all their rankings, although before the update they did it very well.

Does anyone know what this update is all about and what factors are affecting the websites?
#google #update
  • Profile picture of the author thebigweb
    There has been movement on most of my sites too. Luckily all in the right direction. What type of link building have you been doing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10495244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monachus
    The safe type.
    Manually on high authority websites. I dont think it has to do with something i did wrong.
    I guess the sites that moved downwards moved because competitor websites did better.
    But i cannot figure out why they did better.
    Signature
    Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10495940].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
      Originally Posted by monachus View Post

      Manually on high authority websites.
      What do you mean by that? Did you spam those sites?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496055].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author monachus
        Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

        What do you mean by that? Did you spam those sites?
        No, i said the exact opposite.
        I never spam any website.
        Signature
        Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497326].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
          Originally Posted by monachus View Post

          No, i said the exact opposite.
          I never spam any website.
          So how did you get those "manual high quality authority links"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497680].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author monachus
            Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

            So how did you get those "manual high quality authority links"
            I get them from article writing and sharing (links from my pbn and blogger friends), content curation (links from scoop.it, list.ly e.t.c.), video creation (profile links from youtube, vimeo e.t.c.), and numerous other ways.
            Signature
            Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10499427].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
              Originally Posted by monachus View Post

              I get them from article writing and sharing (links from my pbn and blogger friends), content curation (links from scoop.it, list.ly e.t.c.), video creation (profile links from youtube, vimeo e.t.c.), and numerous other ways.
              They are not "high authority links"!!! They are the exact sort of unnatural links that Google developed the penguin algorithm to target!!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10499460].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author monachus
                Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post

                They are not "high authority links"!!! They are the exact sort of unnatural links that Google developed the penguin algorithm to target!!
                And what kind of links do you consider high authority?
                Signature
                Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author INSYSPAY
    Google was quick to answer that this weekend was the same as last, with ongoing updates to their core algorithm. Google is telling this is not Penguin but rather just common core ranking algorithm updates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnabay
    google attach penguin to his core algorithm and change slightly his search pattern system on last 2 months.
    Signature
    Providing PSD Design Service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10496456].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author monachus
      Originally Posted by johnabay View Post

      google attach penguin to his core algorithm and change slightly his search pattern system on last 2 months.
      Do you have a link to any announcement on behalf of google?
      Signature
      Aenaos S.A. HVAC engineers and contractors - Thessaloniki - Greece
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Engineer2Blogger
    I honestly feel the less 'link building' you do, the less you'll be effected by google updates.

    I find my most organic and socially shared content that have zero manual link building tend to do the best, (and stay there).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10497980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      Originally Posted by Engineer2Blogger View Post

      I honestly feel the less 'link building' you do, the less you'll be effected by google updates.

      I find my most organic and socially shared content that have zero manual link building tend to do the best, (and stay there).
      I honestly think you are clueless.

      I find that most clueless people have zero knowledge of what is best to do.

      Google does not turn the web upside down, even with a major update.
      They tell you this over and over and over....they also do regular updates
      from one to several times a day.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10498087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fabalpha1
    Latest google updates,not clear those confusion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10498175].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sujalpatel
      Latest google updates, Keyword Ranking Position Down!!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10498200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nsserve
    Google's updates are really hard to understand. It requires some real expertise as an SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10498373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tekruiter
    Any antithetic news about Google's Update.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10499491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author niksto82
    I feel that I will be one of those guys that founds out the last about potential changes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500321].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abhishek786
    Originally Posted by monachus View Post

    Hi warriors,

    I have read a lot of things about google's last algorithm update which is supposed to apply to our rankings from 11/01/2016

    The last few days i have seen my websites rankings going up and down, and some of the websites have lost all their rankings, although before the update they did it very well.

    Does anyone know what this update is all about and what factors are affecting the websites?
    This is the Algorithm change of Google. This include the Google Panda as their core ranking algorithm. If you have genuine content on your site, then you need not to worry. Your ranking will improve.

    Warm Regards:
    Abhishek Jain
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10500330].message }}

Trending Topics