Press Release after moving to new domain

9 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello
Our company has just switched to another domain and the company changed it`s name from "The HCF Company" to HCF AminoScience.
We have registered a drop in our traffic.
I was wondering if a press release can help us get some traffic and maybe even get some links that aren`t nofollowed.

I was considering to chose this plan:

Mass News Distribution: Reach Millions ? 24-7 Press Release

What do you think? Are press releases useful here? Will I see any SEO improvement?
#domain #moving #press #release
  • Profile picture of the author danieldesai
    I don't know how well 24-7 Press Release works but I do know that there are successful marketers (like Neil Patel and Russell Brunson, just to name a couple) who use PRWeb.

    As for the SEO improvement aspect of it, legitimate links like the one you would get from a PRWeb distribution can help a bit but that should never be the main focus.

    A press release should be done to raise awareness of your company, and this added exposure can lead to more revenue once you have something that your audience is really looking for.

    Regards,
    Daniel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10576343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
    Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post

    Our company has just switched to another domain and the company changed it`s name from "The HCF Company" to HCF AminoScience.
    We have registered a drop in our traffic.
    If the old domain redirects to the new domain, including all affiliate links, then there shouldn't be any drop in traffic.
    Signature
    Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10576349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
      Originally Posted by David Beroff View Post

      If the old domain redirects to the new domain, including all affiliate links, then there shouldn't be any drop in traffic.
      Problem is that traffic dropped although we used 301s.
      And now when we search for "happy calm focused" or " hcf aminoscience" the website isn`t even showing in the first page. (before the move, the old domain was #1 in rankings).

      I was hoping that using a press release will help, but at the same time I read on the internet that some websites were penalized because of using links in the press release.

      I am planing on writing the press release and at the end of it placing the contact info of the company, including the address of the new website. Will I have any problems?

      Is it worth using them or should I wait for the website to get back at the top of the SERPs by itself?
      Signature
      HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10576663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
    Does anybody have any response?

    I should have made a thread about the importance of blog commenting for SEO...I`m sure I would have gotten at least 50 responses by now....
    Signature
    HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10577874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
    I'd try to understand why your traffic dropped. Domain or site change is always sort of dangerous, but if there were no major layout or content changes and if you did it carefully it shouldn't tank your rankings.

    Are you relatively well-known in your home country, and on the industry you're on? If yes this sort of thing could be interesting enough to industry rags and bloggers. One of my previous employers bought another company, and even though they were only employing around 15 after the merger they did get some press out of it.

    However, I doubt that a press release that's only published on a site somewhere helps that much.
    Signature
    Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
    Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

    What's your excuse?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10577915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
      Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post

      I'd try to understand why your traffic dropped. Domain or site change is always sort of dangerous, but if there were no major layout or content changes and if you did it carefully it shouldn't tank your rankings.

      Are you relatively well-known in your home country, and on the industry you're on? If yes this sort of thing could be interesting enough to industry rags and bloggers. One of my previous employers bought another company, and even though they were only employing around 15 after the merger they did get some press out of it.

      However, I doubt that a press release that's only published on a site somewhere helps that much.
      Thanks for your response. I will give it some more time to see if the website comes back up.

      The company is relatively known in it`s niche (it`s not a huge niche).
      The PR company promises that they will submit our press release to their 30,000+ database of journalists and websites, but I guess that doesn`t mean that the press release will be picked up by anybody at all.

      Did anybody use any PR company in the past?
      Signature
      HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10577935].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Beroff
        Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post

        (it`s not a huge niche)
        Look, I really hate to burst your bubble, but supplements are an absolutely enormous business, and your product is just one among many thousands. Just my opinion, but even if this PR company actually does what it says it will, all these journalists will instantly throw your release into the trash, because yet another supplement simply is not news. So why waste your money?
        Signature
        Put MY voice on YOUR video: AwesomeAmericanAudio.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10577956].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HCFGrizzly
          Originally Posted by David Beroff View Post

          Look, I really hate to burst your bubble, but supplements are an absolutely enormous business, and your product is just one among many thousands. Just my opinion, but even if this PR company actually does what it says it will, all these journalists will instantly throw your release into the trash, because yet another supplement simply is not news. So why waste your money?
          I see...the sub niche "brain supplements" is not that big compared to the whole "supplements" niche, but I guess you are right. Brain supplements are still supplements in the eyes of the journalists

          Thanks for your response.
          Signature
          HCF - Where Every Affiliate is Happy, Calm & Focused
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578009].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
        Originally Posted by HCFGrizzly View Post

        Did anybody use any PR company in the past?
        Yes. Well, I can't claim that I'm the one who hired those agencies or anything like that, but I've watched several do their magic over the years. All the agencies were able to score some press hits, although most of the articles didn't have backlinks. Probably not the best ROI you can have, and that's for the PR/marketing side only. As a SEO measure it's a hit and miss, and usually a miss in my experience. Linking the websites is not in the interests of the journalists, and they may even write primarily for the print publication. They don't seem to pay much attention to linking the company in question.
        Signature
        Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
        Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

        What's your excuse?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10578036].message }}

Trending Topics