Does changing author name affect SEO?

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I'm not talking in terms of being able to find me personally... or find my articles by searching my name...

I mean will my pages lose rank if I change author name.
#affect #author #changing #seo
  • Profile picture of the author mathompson
    Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

    I'm not talking in terms of being able to find me personally... or find my articles by searching my name...

    I mean will my pages lose rank if I change author name.
    it will affect your seo but in author site, it affects a little than single site
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

    I'm not talking in terms of being able to find me personally... or find my articles by searching my name...

    I mean will my pages lose rank if I change author name.
    The author name in say Wordpress? Won't do anything unless people were searching for that author by name. Google doesn't care, the content could be written by Rawr A. Bear.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author damian5000
      Originally Posted by irawr View Post

      The author name in say Wordpress? Won't do anything unless people were searching for that author by name. Google doesn't care, the content could be written by Rawr A. Bear.
      Yes, exactly. But I'm talking about site that already has pages ranked. So this won't affect the pagerank if I change author name, correct?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599320].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author irawr
        Banned
        Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

        Yes, exactly. But I'm talking about site that already has pages ranked. So this won't affect the pagerank if I change author name, correct?

        Ok. I was recently criticized by a person on here for not being helpful and I'm absolutely not on these forums to give bad advice, so: Why don't you try it on a handful of pages and see what happens? Ok? Just test it yourself.

        I personally, don't think it matters at all, but you're really not providing much information, so I can't be sure.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599343].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nettiapina
          Originally Posted by irawr View Post

          I personally, don't think it matters at all, but you're really not providing much information, so I can't be sure.
          I agree with this. I tend to turn author archives off in any case, but changing the author name or content in an info box isn't likely to affect rankings of an article.
          Signature
          Links in signature will not help your SEO. Not on this site, and not on any other forum.
          Who told me this? An ex Google web spam engineer.

          What's your excuse?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599463].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author damian5000
          Originally Posted by irawr View Post

          Ok. I was recently criticized by a person on here for not being helpful and I'm absolutely not on these forums to give bad advice, so: Why don't you try it on a handful of pages and see what happens? Ok? Just test it yourself.

          I personally, don't think it matters at all, but you're really not providing much information, so I can't be sure.
          What information do you need? I've got a blog with ranked pages, does changing the author affect my pagerank. It's not any more complicated than that.

          I prefer not to play with fire in terms of "testing it", that's why I asked here.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601004].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fastreplies
            Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

            What information do you need? I've got a blog with ranked pages, does changing the author affect my pagerank. It's not any more complicated than that.

            I prefer not to play with fire in terms of "testing it", that's why I asked here.
            So, what you would like to know if Google will look at your site and say:
            wait a minute, wait a minute...
            where is Steve, I use to love like my own brother, why do I see Peter instead?
            I won't allow that kind of frivolous changes and disrespect and if Steve is not rightful
            author any longer, I will unleash my righteous anger upon @damian5000 and punish
            his sorry ass by making him pay with his SERP.




            fastreplies
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601033].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author xnice
        Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

        Yes, exactly. But I'm talking about site that already has pages ranked. So this won't affect the pagerank if I change author name, correct?
        It do not effect to page rank. I tried it
        Signature
        Need Quality Backlinks: Check Out How To Buy Quality Backlinks in 2018?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wdcbangalore
    The google algorithms does not take care about author name it will only search a quality of content..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arpitamishra
    IT. DOESNT MATTER. Unless you want your site to be found out for the author name of course!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joeyJr
    Author name for your post, I think does not matter, you can change depending how! About that I think Google will not care about anywhere! However, if a user searches by author baptism will affect the ranking of your keywords! Good luck!
    Signature
    IF Review Business intelligence from online product reviews at here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599456].message }}
  • Your rank is not affected whether you change its author name or not but, if you consider visitors then it little shocking for them because you are already known by your particular name anyway nobody can search anything by author name you can change if you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10599457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Whintaked40
    I think it does not matter and Google does care much about this but content should be good and valuable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mariajerek
    Originally Posted by damian5000 View Post

    I'm not talking in terms of being able to find me personally... or find my articles by searching my name...

    I mean will my pages lose rank if I change author name.
    Now google doesnt give value to authorship. So i don't think that if you change your author name it will impact on your blog ranking. The most important thing is content and how informative is your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10601021].message }}

Trending Topics