Follow along Niche website

14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys,

I am going to do a follow along, to try to keep myself accountable and motivated to work on the website,

I already set up the domain, it is a .site because it was cheap and I was told that it doesn't have a direct effect on the SEO.

I bought the domain and the hosting plan on 1st of May, on the 3rd of may I posted my first post , made 5 posts so far.

I installed Yoast SEO PLugin and I make sure that most of the advice are followed for the on page seo, from meta discription, to length of the post, the density of the keyword, the headlines have the key word, adding tags and pages as well.

I also installed Google XML Sitemaps to get my website indexed faster and easier by the bot, plus I submit my rul for each new post and try to link posts internally.

I am slightly losing interest because I am an impatient person, I am planning to use the niche as an affiliate for Amazon only

any question or advices are always welcome
#follow #niche #website
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    Originally Posted by lonerwold1 View Post

    Hey guys,

    I am going to do a follow along, to try to keep myself accountable and motivated to work on the website,

    I already set up the domain, it is a .site because it was cheap and I was told that it doesn't have a direct effect on the SEO.

    I bought the domain and the hosting plan on 1st of May, on the 3rd of may I posted my first post , made 5 posts so far.

    I installed Yoast SEO PLugin and I make sure that most of the advice are followed for the on page seo, from meta discription, to length of the post, the density of the keyword, the headlines have the key word, adding tags and pages as well.

    I also installed Google XML Sitemaps to get my website indexed faster and easier by the bot, plus I submit my rul for each new post and try to link posts internally.

    I am slightly losing interest because I am an impatient person, I am planning to use the niche as an affiliate for Amazon only

    any question or advices are always welcome
    I think I've posted 10 times in this forum in past 30 days saying something along the lines of "Good luck ranking anything competitive the first 6 months. Focus on generating traffic with social media and don't even look at your site in Google."

    So you worked on the site for six days and you're losing patients? Dude the past 6 days I posted 30k words worth of content to my sites and 100% of it is getting out ranked by spam and a junk pages. Deal with it...

    30 day sandbox on all content and in coming links that are not on authoritative sites and 6 month long sandbox on new domains.

    Established sites that are say 2 years old and have say 1k natural backlinks, on those sites I don't notice it.

    3-4 month old domains with less than 50 links I want to punch babies when I check my ranks. Edit: I get more traffic from YAHOO on one of these domains .............................

    The only stuff that's doing anything is low competition stuff and that behaves "normally."

    I have not worked with any domains that were not aged since before this change occurred (May 2014) until February of this year and it's maddening.

    Do social media, find people on Facebook to link to your site, post content on a regular interval, pretend Facebook likes and Twitter followers are your "Ranking."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673092].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lonerwold1
      Originally Posted by irawr View Post

      I think I've posted 10 times in this forum in past 30 days saying something along the lines of "Good luck ranking anything competitive the first 6 months. Focus on generating traffic with social media and don't even look at your site in Google."

      So you worked on the site for six days and you're losing patients? Dude the past 6 days I posted 30k words worth of content to my sites and 100% of it is getting out ranked by spam and a junk pages. Deal with it...

      30 day sandbox on all content and in coming links that are not on authoritative sites and 6 month long sandbox on new domains.

      Established sites that are say 2 years old and have say 1k natural backlinks, on those sites I don't notice it.

      3-4 month old domains with less than 50 links I want to punch babies when I check my ranks. Edit: I get more traffic from YAHOO on one of these domains .............................

      The only stuff that's doing anything is low competition stuff and that behaves "normally."

      I have not worked with any domains that were not aged since before this change occurred (May 2014) until February of this year and it's maddening.

      Do social media, find people on Facebook to link to your site, post content on a regular interval, pretend Facebook likes and Twitter followers are your "Ranking."

      I know, but I come from paid ads background and I am used to instantiate results, and hence the follow along, I created a website before that got SEO traffic in less than 2 months, and continued passively for about 3 months more (I had less than 7 posts in it).

      But thanks for the tip, I need someone to shout at me keep going and don't quit
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10673424].message }}
  • You need more patience. There are plenty of bigger sharks on the internet with more backlink profiles than you are. The fastest way for you to get a good rank in search engine is to create backlinks and great valuable content. Don't expect to see the fruit of your labor in just a number of posts. But anyways, wish you good luck
    Signature
    The ultimate site for your camping, survival, outdoor, adventure and travel needs.
    >> Get your survival and outdoor freebies here <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10674135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jipolis7
    Well maybe content marketing and online earnings are not for you. Nothing will happen over night and nothing will come easy. It's just like any other job, only it takes a lot more effort.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10674305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lonerwold1
    So it is been two days and I have done nothing, and I am planning of doing nothing for the next two days because I am going to be out of the city.

    I saw couple of posts on Facebook from people who had their Amazon account closed because they were cloaking(even using shortener like bit.ly would be consider as such), showing exact prices, showing Amazon's customer ranking on their review pages so I am working on removing anything similar to that, I am thinking about shooting them an email to make sure that everything is in order
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10675958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by lonerwold1 View Post

      So it is been two days and I have done nothing...
      You're on a roll, keep up the good work.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684411].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author motorkitty
        Originally Posted by lonerwold1
        "So it is been two days and I have done nothing..."

        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        You're on a roll, keep up the good work.

        This is why I come here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686262].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author lonerwold1
          Originally Posted by motorkitty View Post

          Originally Posted by lonerwold1
          "So it is been two days and I have done nothing..."




          This is why I come here.

          I chuckled on that myself, and that is why I posted this follow along, to be motivated even if sarcastically
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686635].message }}
  • That's the probably with many people who start new websites. They expect a ton of traffic in just a few short weeks of posting content on their site or expect decent rankings in the search results. If you want real success, you need to work hard and think long term.
    Signature
    Blueprint Media Group is a creative video production and digital marketing agency based in central London.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10676003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author irawr
    Banned
    To add on to my previous comments, Sandbox 2.0 appears to be slightly longer then 4 months after your site gets to some magic "minimum" size level, maybe it's when Google first completely crawls it, not totally sure but it seems to be closer to 4 months then 6, I had a site come out it and is now on page 1 at least. Way better then page 15.

    Originally Posted by lonerwold1 View Post

    So it is been two days and I have done nothing, and I am planning of doing nothing for the next two days because I am going to be out of the city.

    I saw couple of posts on Facebook from people who had their Amazon account closed because they were cloaking(even using shortener like bit.ly would be consider as such), showing exact prices, showing Amazon's customer ranking on their review pages so I am working on removing anything similar to that, I am thinking about shooting them an email to make sure that everything is in order
    You can not cloak links with amazon (anymore) and I would only make general statements about prices unless you plan to use a script to update the prices from Amazon daily. And you're not allowed to republish their content with out permission, which they won't give you. So no scraping the reviews, descriptions, or images. You are allowed to use the images in the "product linking" tool if you copy them to your server, but you can't edit them. And don't use their logo anywhere. Custom buy buttons are fine (as far as I know) and you can use a generic icon like shopping cart, play button, or star. Or just come up with some clever CSS.

    So like, "all blue widgets under 100" should be fine, just make sure the MSRP/list price is $99.99 or less. Don't make claims about their prices, I don't see why stating the listed MSRP from the manufacture's website would be a problem, just understand that a lot of people Google the MSRP and that and those clicks are probably junk. Because of Amazon's price policy, I just don't include any pricing information what so ever, I think it can actually draw some clicks because people might want to know what the price is and then they are cookied for 24 hours.

    I don't know if using click-bait anchor texts like "click here for the price" is a good idea. It might get you a lot of clicks but I was always taught stuff like that was a bad idea just from a "marketing sense." I would rather have them on my site looking at stuff and go "ZOMG NEED NEED!" then go to amazon to see the price, then get lost in their highly unorganized category listings or something.

    Also tip, you can usually get your Amazon account back if you fix 100% of the issues and then contact the help desk, I would be very apologetic. It's definitely way easier to get an Amazon account back then say a Google Adwords or Facebook Ads account back. With both of those, if you broke the extremely vague rules and they don't like you, you're pretty much screwed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10684442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lonerwold1
      Thanks Irawar for the help, I am installing a plugin that will give me accsess to the API so I can display exact pricing and reviews, I assume that leverging Amazon logo and format (since I am using their API I am allowed to do so), will make an easier sale, also I am trying to add a button to add to cart so I can increase my chances of sales with the longer cookie.

      Right now I have 2 keywords in the top 50 and 5 in the 80s, I am struggling to get back links since the website is few days old and my content is not that great.

      I made 4 Fourm posts with follow links which I hope will increase my rank a little since it is not a competitive niche.

      But I still feel like the website is ugly and doesn't look professional enough, and so far I only made another 300 word post making them only 6.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686215].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by lonerwold1 View Post

        Right now I have 2 keywords in the top 50 and 5 in the 80s, I am struggling to get back links since the website is few days old and my content is not that great.

        I made 4 Fourm posts with follow links which I hope will increase my rank a little since it is not a competitive niche.

        But I still feel like the website is ugly and doesn't look professional enough, and so far I only made another 300 word post making them only 6.



        Odds are your forum links are nofollow, it's 2016 not 2002. Doubtful you'll see any positive movement on the SERPs.

        Forget about the money dreams and build out the site to the point where it's useful for traffic. That doesn't mean your affiliate link is content or that it's useful for traffic.

        What would you do If you landed on the site and didn't own the site? Would you stay or go?

        Serve a purpose for whatever the niche your targeting.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caitlinz
    5-7 posts are not enough now a days unless they are very lengthy targeting a lot of long tails. On the other hand, losing patience or expecting results within a week for a new niche site will only affect your productivity.

    During your first 30 days, don't consider the statistics, but keep working hard. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mahroofmajdi
    Well! Make website as google requirements ( follow terms and conditions by Google ) and create high pr backlinks in organic way. Hope so your website will be best and get rank soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10686550].message }}

Trending Topics