Teespring Case Study - SEO Method

7 replies
  • SEO
  • |
After searching for ways to market teespring shirts and always receiving the same best method (Facebook ads) I started to question if this was actually the best method. No doubt facebook ads can work very well, but while it is easy to target people within your niche, it is hard to target the buyers within that niche. I wanted to find a way to target more actual buyers. That is when I remembered that teespring and several other platforms, allow your shirts to get ranked in google. I figured that perhaps if some seo work is done, it may be possible to get a shirt ranked for a buyer keyword.

I decided to create a shirt with a url matching my keyword and I'm going to see how long it takes to show up in google and if I can increase its ranking by building backlinks and social signals. Shirt keywords are very competitive but the teespring subdomain comes with an automatic 71 DA. Its usually only beat by other similar sites such as redbubble, cafepress, and sometimes pinterest (which carries a dominating 100 DA). I figured if I do my seo properly, this method can put my teespring sales on autopilot.

The only trouble I am running into at the moment is having my shirt appear in google search. I can't study this method until my shirt appears, if it ever does. So far it has been a few days and still no ranking. I'm going to build a few backlinks and see if that forces google to pick it up.

If someone has a shirt that is currently ranked in google and would like to add to this study, please fill free to.
#case #method #seo #study #teespring #tshirt
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Apparently you don't realize that DA has nothing to do with rankings. You can't rank a page on that site just because it has a high DA.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mledwar111991
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Apparently you don't realize that DA has nothing to do with rankings. You can't rank a page on that site just because it has a high DA.
      I figured it would have the same effect as the threads on the warrior forum, or posts on pinterest, and youtube videos. I've seen posts on pinterest ranking on the first page of google with only a sentence containing the keyword, so I figured for a low competition keyword, creating a subdomain and building it's page authority with some quality backlinks would be enough to make it rank. However, I can't really test this since my page hasn't even been indexed up by google let, if it ever does.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SmoozY
    You can Target T-shirt BUYERS WITH MONEY On Facebook ! You Narrow Your Targeting By Adding Financial > Income And Financial > Worth ! And You Target Them Based On There Purchase Behavior
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10752923].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mledwar111991
      Originally Posted by SmoozY View Post

      You can Target T-shirt BUYERS WITH MONEY On Facebook ! You Narrow Your Targeting By Adding Financial > Income And Financial > Worth ! And You Target Them Based On There Purchase Behavior
      When I try this targeting method it not only cuts my target audience by around 95% but it also increase the cost of my ad.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780597].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hearn
    Is your website indexed? It will quite hard to rank with a thin website.

    Buy if you get a decent website built around a narrow niche you can compete with bigger websites that only have a one subpage related to your keyword.

    But SEO is a long term project. Yet you target people that actively search for that t-shirt compared to advertising on Facebook where people see your ad and then get interested. The second way seems to have better potential, but you need a really good t-shirt design and some creative targeting ideas.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10753240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mledwar111991
      Originally Posted by Hearn View Post

      Is your website indexed? It will quite hard to rank with a thin website.

      Buy if you get a decent website built around a narrow niche you can compete with bigger websites that only have a one subpage related to your keyword.

      But SEO is a long term project. Yet you target people that actively search for that t-shirt compared to advertising on Facebook where people see your ad and then get interested. The second way seems to have better potential, but you need a really good t-shirt design and some creative targeting ideas.
      Its been 3 weeks and my teespring campaign still hasn't been indexed by google (not sure what or how long it takes). I optimized the sales page with my keyword and threw a few backlinks at it to see if that would get it indexed, but still nothing. I guess I will just have to consider this a failed experiment. I wanted to try something different from facebook because the cost of the ads are too much. It's hard to buy a design, test, optimize, test, buy a new design, repeat, all on a small budget. It's also frustrating because I have had several designs that got 1000's of likes and shares but only a few sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10780592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bloggernitin
    I purchased "Tee Income Profit System" from TeeIncome website. Its the most liable and most effective course till date for learning how to make money from teespring and other tshirt selling websites online it provides videos tutorials, book, AV, Tee Inspector software, Springly Tshirt Ad software, Tee Contest software etc and for only $38 its the genuine course that i have ever seen..i would 100% recommend it to you and have a try.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10784101].message }}

Trending Topics