Free keyword difficulty checker

32 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

Is there any free tool where i can enter the keywords and check how much difficult it's to rank in the 1st page of google?

I know that moz.com and long tail pro, but those are not free.

A couple of years ago i remember i used a tool where if we provide the google search results page source code, it will analyze all the individual links, and show us a score on how easy it's to rank. Do anyone know of this tool ?
#checker #difficulty #free #keyword
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by webocado View Post

    Hi,

    Is there any free tool where i can enter the keywords and check how much difficult it's to rank in the 1st page of google?

    I know that moz.com and long tail pro, but those are not free.

    A couple of years ago i remember i used a tool where if we provide the google search results page source code, it will analyze all the individual links, and show us a score on how easy it's to rank. Do anyone know of this tool ?
    There isn't even a paid one that does it well, so no. Nothing for free or paid. There is no tool that checks keyword difficulty well. They all suck at it.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10763425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chawki
    Originally Posted by webocado View Post

    Hi,

    Is there any free tool where i can enter the keywords and check how much difficult it's to rank in the 1st page of google?

    I know that moz.com and long tail pro, but those are not free.

    A couple of years ago i remember i used a tool where if we provide the google search results page source code, it will analyze all the individual links, and show us a score on how easy it's to rank. Do anyone know of this tool ?

    Hi Webocado check keywordrevealer.com it's a free keyword difficulty tool that have a lot of features check it out!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10763951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    Originally Posted by webocado View Post

    Is there any free tool where i can enter the keywords and check how much difficult it's to rank in the 1st page of google?
    Unfortunately there is no such tool for that because you need to experience on how to rank your keyword in the competitive field in which you will learn to analyze the competitors and outrank them in the respective field.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10764374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    Since there seem to be so many who think that there is no such thing as a tool that does this well, paid or unpaid, I am hesitant to mention our own tool.which does it better than any tool out there (we try all of the others every time we find them). Ours is included for people who decide to become Pro members of our course, which gives them unlimited access to all of our tools, supplier directory and insider "Pro's Edge" tutorials (along with other extras). The cost of Pro membership is about half what MOZ costs.

    If nothing else, join under our free course option and we'll show you how you can figure it out without a tool - the same process that our Niche Ninja tool uses to rank the competitiveness of phrases (except it does it several hundred times faster than you could do it manually).

    Unfortunately, we have never found a free tool that was worth using.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

      the same process that our Niche Ninja tool uses to rank the competitiveness of phrases (except it does it several hundred times faster than you could do it manually).
      What is the process that the tool uses to rank competition?

      Please be as specific as you can.

      Thanks.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765587].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
        Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

        What is the process that the tool uses to rank competition?

        Please be as specific as you can.

        Thanks.
        It is in our free course. I can hardly outline all of the steps in a forum thread.
        Signature
        StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
        My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10767213].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

          It is in our free course. I can hardly outline all of the steps in a forum thread.

          I really do not want to sign up for a course to get a simple answer. I'm not asking for a dissertation. Just some bullet points on how it determines the difficulty for a search term. What factors is the tool using?
          Signature
          SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
          Get a FREE Quote.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10767846].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
            Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

            I really do not want to sign up for a course to get a simple answer. I'm not asking for a dissertation. Just some bullet points on how it determines the difficulty for a search term. What factors is the tool using?
            It uses domain authority, links to the ranking page, links to the ranking domain, as well as use of the KW phrase in the title tag, H1 and other places on-page. It applies a percentage of importance to each factor which we sometimes change when the algorithms change.
            Signature
            StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
            My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10768898].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
              Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

              It uses domain authority, links to the ranking page, links to the ranking domain, as well as use of the KW phrase in the title tag, H1 and other places on-page. It applies a percentage of importance to each factor which we sometimes change when the algorithms change.

              Thank you.

              Domain authority as in the MOZ metric or something else?

              Where does it pull those links from? What about internal links?
              Signature
              SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
              Get a FREE Quote.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10768928].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
                Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                Thank you.

                Domain authority as in the MOZ metric or something else?

                Where does it pull those links from? What about internal links?
                See? A quick short little answer just didn't do it for you, which is why I said to get the answer from the course.

                I understand people's skepticism. All I can tell you is we have built more than 100 successful eCommerce websites and have only ever used our tool for finding the best niches. If other people have a better way and a better track record, by all means do it that way.
                Signature
                StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
                My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770425].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                  Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

                  See? A quick short little answer just didn't do it for you, which is why I said to get the answer from the course.

                  I understand people's skepticism. All I can tell you is we have built more than 100 successful eCommerce websites and have only ever used our tool for finding the best niches. If other people have a better way and a better track record, by all means do it that way.
                  I was trying to understand what the tool does. I would love if someone actually built a worthwhile keyword tool, and I know a lot of other people who would be interested too. Every single one of them sucks.

                  Nevermind though if you are going to be a jerk about simple questions.
                  Signature
                  SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
                  Get a FREE Quote.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770449].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
                    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                    I was trying to understand what the tool does. I would love if someone actually built a worthwhile keyword tool, and I know a lot of other people who would be interested too. Every single one of them sucks.

                    Nevermind though if you are going to be a jerk about simple questions.
                    I am not trying to be a jerk. As I said from the beginning, our FREE course has a section that shows you how to do exactly what the tool does, manually. That is the best pace to get a full explanation of everything the tool does.
                    Signature
                    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
                    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10771712].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author yukon
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

                      I am not trying to be a jerk. As I said from the beginning, our FREE course has a section that shows you how to do exactly what the tool does, manually. That is the best pace to get a full explanation of everything the tool does.

                      How much is this WSO?
                      Signature
                      Hi
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778067].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by dave_hermansen View Post

              It uses domain authority, links to the ranking page, links to the ranking domain, as well as use of the KW phrase in the title tag, H1 and other places on-page. It applies a percentage of importance to each factor which we sometimes change when the algorithms change.

              Domains don't have authority. Easy to prove, find an old domain with no followed backlinks. They're not ranking any pages.

              Domains don't rank, pages rank.

              So you're just counting links? If so that's not doing anything to gauge competition, one followed authority link can trump dozens of weaker followed links. You would have to nest deep on all the link profiles involved, not just the ranked pages.

              A title tag is equivalent to a heading tag (alternate SERP title) so one page could have a dozen while a competition page might have one and still outrank the page with a dozen heading tags. Counting keywords isn't ranking pages.
              Signature
              Hi
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10768969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    There's no software that will gauge SERP competition.

    You'll find plenty of folks selling dreams but the software is all hype. They're all better tools, just ask the sellers.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10765689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justinvictoria
    As per my experience i never come across any sort of such tool to show up how many days it will take a time to rank the keywords
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10767432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamjones36
    Google Adword provides a section named "Keyword Planner". It tell us which keyword has high medium and low competition. On this basis you can guess how much work and time you need to rank your keyword.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10767916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apthagowda
    Google Keyword planner is the Best. Its free & easy to use. Shows good results.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10768114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ngotung99
    You can use Traffic Travis. Free version can check 5 keyword per day
    >>>>https://www.traffictravis.com/
    Signature

    Visit My Blog :
    Livetvsoccer365 ---Feature Post: Link Vao W88

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlmaSanborn
    Just go with Google Adwords Keyword Planner, it can help you out in a great way to determine your the competition of keyword you are using to rank your website.
    Signature

    W3Era - SEO Services Agency you Rely on

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gingerninjas
    Keyword planning is the only one I have ever used to be honest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10769133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam2Smith
    Google keyword planner is enough for researching keyword for any site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Adam2Smith View Post

      Google keyword planner is enough for researching keyword for any site.
      No it is not. It tells you nothing about competition and its search volumes are often off.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10770988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vovanfree
    they also use tools from google adwords, because that's the quickest way to put together a list of keywords for a specific subject, and determine the level of competition... it's also convienent to work with lists, group them, save plans and analyze rates of your competitors... these parameters are very vague, and the rate depends on the quality of your keywords, nevertheless, it's a very useful tool for a quick analsys
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10777409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author junaidbsl007
    Hi, you can try keyword reveler tool. Search on google using by "keyword reveler" or you can watch video tutorial on youtube.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10778483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackadision
    Its difficult to see the keyword competition manually.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11138455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackadision
    So either go with the Google keyword planner or KWfinder to find your keyword focus. These tools will really help you and complete this difficult task flawlessly.

    Source: http://bestonlinetoolsreview.weebly.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11138458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buyproxy
    I don't large put excessively confidence in the AdWords Keyword Planner, especially for natural research. As the name proposes, it's by and large best for AdWords and the opposition levels are large genuinely unique.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11139350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOTOOLSCENTRE
    What do you mean by the keyword difficulty checker tool? I think Google Adword is the best option for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11139620].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by SEOTOOLSCENTRE View Post

      What do you mean by the keyword difficulty checker tool? I think Google Adword is the best option for it.
      Google AdWords tells you nothing about how difficult a keyword is to rank.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11139627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RalphThomas
    Google Adwords Keyword Planner is still the number one choice for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11139626].message }}

Trending Topics