Using some chinese characters in my article affects SEO?

8 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Im so newbie in this, maybe this is a stupid question; i will write an article and i will cite some research, the article is in english, but i cite two chinese articles, so i put the reference at the end of the article with the original chinese title in those articles by using chinese characters, so my question is; may this affect the SEO of the website?

Because google limited Chinese sites to searches that use only Chinese characters...
#affects #article #characters #chinese #seo
  • Profile picture of the author NamRay
    With two links, i think that will not affect anything, your use of outbound links for them. You should focus seo keywords of your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arushithakur
    If you are putting links of relevant website which are providing the same information related to the article content then there is no issue. For example your article is about the webs design service and you are adding links of the two websites that also contain the same information then it will good but if the external links you have added provide different services then it will not suggested to add the url’s of such websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wecoach
      Originally Posted by arushithakur View Post

      If you are putting links of relevant website which are providing the same information related to the article content then there is no issue. For example your article is about the webs design service and you are adding links of the two websites that also contain the same information then it will good but if the external links you have added provide different services then it will not suggested to add the url’s of such websites.
      Actually are not links but Scientific Reference (cite); it is name of authors, name of article (in chinese), name of published resorse (scientific journal) and volumen, issue and year of publication.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10835211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daniel27lt
    No this will not affect SEO and rankings.
    Signature
    Download Free PLR Products to give away to build your list. Find all the most up-to-date PLR on the market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10834916].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SegalJewelry
    No it will not, but it might possible it increase the traffic ans chines words bring more traffic as it also has large audience.
    Signature
    Segal Jewelry- Unique engagement rings Wedding rings
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulgl
    Originally Posted by wecoach View Post

    Because google limited Chinese sites to searches that use only Chinese characters...
    That makes no sense.

    But citing a reference like that, is just inane.

    Your article is in English, but your reference is in Chinese? How does that help anyone?

    Anything you do on a page has potential to do 3 things seo-wise:

    1) Nothing.
    2) It helps.
    3) It hurts.

    My illogical-Spock thinking has ears pointing to #3.

    Paul
    Signature

    If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10837591].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wecoach
      Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

      That makes no sense.

      But citing a reference like that, is just inane.

      Your article is in English, but your reference is in Chinese? How does that help anyone?

      Anything you do on a page has potential to do 3 things seo-wise:

      1) Nothing.
      2) It helps.
      3) It hurts.

      My illogical-Spock thinking has ears pointing to #3.

      Paul
      Thank you for the reply, most references are in english, but 2 are in chinese... this is because i say something in my main article based on chinese research.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edwarderic
    Yes, like @paulgl said there is no use in post chines article it will neither hurt nor help. In this case if you still want to use the article then you can translate the chines content to English and then publish and place reference link to chines articles. I think this is the right way to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10840504].message }}

Trending Topics