Paid or Natural Traffic? Which one is better for Affiliate Marketing?

24 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I know Blog traffic needs to be increased to promote affiliate products to better conversion rate.

But I was just wondering I should build traffic/list for my blog with SEO (which may take several weeks) or Should I get paid traffic?

Please tell which channel you are using, why that channel is better.

(Sorry if this question already posted).
#affiliate #marketing #natural #paid #seo #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author Neil Day
    Use both. Paid traffic can be used to get an influx of visitors whilst your SEO efforts are being put in place and rankings achieved to get the natural search engine traffic.

    Cheers

    Neil
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10890877].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Apart from amazing tip, I liked way you wrote comment "short but comprehensive"!
      Appreciated @Neil
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10898869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jomealawuru
    If you have to use paid traffic, it is faster but I doubt if you would be able to make good return on investment. But if you plant to use paid traffic to gain more followers on your social account, you can market to, then it is a good route. A good offer works well with paid traffic. But I do not think anyone can run a business using only paid traffic that is why it is important to grow your traffic organically. Most people are just too much in a rush to see results. Be patient and keep doing what you are doing as long as you know you are doing the right thing. You should get there. Do not rely on paid traffic simple.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10890919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by Jomealawuru View Post

      If you have to use paid traffic, it is faster but I doubt if you would be able to make good return on investment. But if you plant to use paid traffic to gain more followers on your social account, you can market to, then it is a good route. A good offer works well with paid traffic. But I do not think anyone can run a business using only paid traffic that is why it is important to grow your traffic organically. Most people are just too much in a rush to see results. Be patient and keep doing what you are doing as long as you know you are doing the right thing. You should get there. Do not rely on paid traffic simple.
      Liked it. @Jomealawuru

      No doubt, Paid traffic is help when starting a affilaite business, it takes huge investment but to be successful in affiliate one has to build traffic plus lists.
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10898873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bond1
    The best thing is grow the traffic naturally and this usually take time to mature.However if i see good ways to build my traffic faster i will buy into it.If anybody know another good ways to generate traffic for profit share it with us.
    Signature

    TURN EVERY $5 INTO OVER $235 AGAIN AND AGAIN:

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10890949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debburns47
    Hi Zohaib

    I agree with what the first respondents have said but hopefully I can add a little more value for you. Natural traffic and paid traffic are both valid strategies and most successful internet marketers use a both in their marketing strategies.

    Natural SEO traffic takes a while to attract but all the work you do to build it, once invested, will remain as a platform as long as you maintain it by putting fresh content on your site and getting some engagement. The best place to start with this is finding a good SEO tool so that you can target some long-tail keywords with low competition. By regularly posting quality material to your site and getting engagement you should be able to rank your posts or pages on the first page of Google and build traffic to your site.

    I hope that was helpful.

    All the best.

    Deb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10890989].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Hi Debburns,

      Hope you are going great. I got your valuable point about Paid Vs Natural Traffic.

      Let me collect my thoughts:
      Focus on SEO to drive Organic traffic
      Focus on Long-Tail Keywords with low competition
      Get users engagement by quality/regularly posting (giveaways can help in this regard)
      Sometimes, I need to get paid traffic to compensate/increase conversion

      One More Question: Can I start and earn from Affiliate Marketing via Free blogs like Blogspot?
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10891030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mindtricks18
    Use both, from paid you can get instant sales and from organic search you can get longtime free traffic but ranking time can take time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10891262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ellen Chedid
    I believe that paid traffic and natural traffic are effective. I think its important to use both, especially if you are waiting for SEO to work its magic. Plus you can get a lot of good quality traffic for a decent and affordable price which will will help fast track your ranking a bit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10891294].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Ellen, I like your words: to get paid ads to speedup the ranking and rankings mean more earnings. I know SEO, but will try paid traffic also!

      Michael, agreed

      It depends on budget as well but if I'm earning and I can spend.
      And once I takeover on my competitors via SEO then no need to spend money.
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10891760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelkoehler92
    Depends if the revenue that you are going to generate is more than what you are going to spend on the ads then definitely paid ad is better as with that you can earn money from day 1 by spending

    But if the revenue generated is less than what you are going to spend on ads then you should go for natural this will take time to rank things but when ranked you wont even have to think about spending anything just sit back and watch the income rolling in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10891330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anhvu
    Originally Posted by Zohaib Jahan View Post

    I know Blog traffic needs to be increased to promote affiliate products to better conversion rate.

    But I was just wondering I should build traffic/list for my blog with SEO (which may take several weeks) or Should I get paid traffic?

    Please tell which channel you are using, why that channel is better.

    (Sorry if this question already posted).
    Hi Zohaib,

    Both of them are powerful. I highly recommend using both. If you have a large budget, just start to paid traffic and don't forget to build email lists at the same time. While doing that, if you have much time it's really good idea to spend doing SEO.
    Each of which has different pros and cons.

    Paid traffic
    pros: fast, less time and effort,...
    cons: need much money

    SEO
    pros: long term, automatic and free traffic,...
    cons: need times and efforts

    This my own opinion, hope this helps

    - Anhvu
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10892493].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by Jomealawuru View Post

      If you have to use paid traffic, it is faster but I doubt if you would be able to make good return on investment. But if you plant to use paid traffic to gain more followers on your social account, you can market to, then it is a good route. A good offer works well with paid traffic. But I do not think anyone can run a business using only paid traffic that is why it is important to grow your traffic organically. Most people are just too much in a rush to see results. Be patient and keep doing what you are doing as long as you know you are doing the right thing. You should get there. Do not rely on paid traffic simple.
      Originally Posted by anhvu View Post

      Hi Zohaib,

      Both of them are powerful. I highly recommend using both. If you have a large budget, just start to paid traffic and don't forget to build email lists at the same time. While doing that, if you have much time it's really good idea to spend doing SEO.
      Each of which has different pros and cons.

      Paid traffic
      pros: fast, less time and effort,...
      cons: need much money

      SEO
      pros: long term, automatic and free traffic,...
      cons: need times and efforts

      This my own opinion, hope this helps

      - Anhvu

      I like the way you Explained Paid and Natural Traffic with Pros & Cons!
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author justicejr
    2 traffic types have pro and con. It 's depend on you decide you choose it

    SEO
    Pro
    Long terms, income and traffic. If your site is high rank on search engine
    Con
    You need use time for create high quality content and backlinks. If your niche are high competition, you need a lot of times to push your rank.
    Paid traffic
    Pro
    You can make profit instantly from affiliate, if you find win campaign
    Con
    You need a lot of budget to test and test for find winning campaign. Amount traffic depend your budget. If you have no budget that mean you have no traffic too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10892727].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by justicejr View Post

      2 traffic types have pro and con. It 's depend on you decide you choose it

      SEO
      Pro
      Long terms, income and traffic. If your site is high rank on search engine
      Con
      You need use time for create high quality content and backlinks. If your niche are high competition, you need a lot of times to push your rank.
      Paid traffic
      Pro
      You can make profit instantly from affiliate, if you find win campaign
      Con
      You need a lot of budget to test and test for find winning campaign. Amount traffic depend your budget. If you have no budget that mean you have no traffic too.
      Thank you @JusticeJr for the valuable comments. Newbie should focus on SEO until they get their first sale then you can go with paid traffic easily!
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webby0031
    if its a new site you wont get any natural traffic so you better pay, maybe you think you will get natural traffic by making a few posts NO......or even a hundred posts..... NO or even in 6 months .. NO not without expensive links...

    You better pay a lot of money for some proper links or pay for traffic. Everything else FAIL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10892838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by webby0031 View Post

      if its a new site you wont get any natural traffic so you better pay, maybe you think you will get natural traffic by making a few posts NO......or even a hundred posts..... NO or even in 6 months .. NO not without expensive links...

      You better pay a lot of money for some proper links or pay for traffic. Everything else FAIL.
      If a expert like you @webby0031 saying to go with paid traffic, then one should try. I will try also!
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josephcarpy
    Both paid or natural traffic are beneficial for affiliate marketing. If anyone would like to become a affiliate partner of this "LeadingPage + .net - emme-jvs". Using this, you will earn massive incomes on all referral sales + 200USD cash prizes online. I'm also be a part of this, get the most leads from them. I love this strategy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10893084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by josephcarpy View Post

      Both paid or natural traffic are beneficial for affiliate marketing. If anyone would like to become a affiliate partner of this "LeadingPage + .net - emme-jvs". Using this, you will earn massive incomes on all referral sales + 200USD cash prizes online. I'm also be a part of this, get the most leads from them. I love this strategy.
      Which paid networks you use? Suggest some of them which are helping you to generate leads. How you select the ad networks? What kind of ads you pay for?

      Looking forward to you
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10894718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineworker11
    Yes i agree whith the previous replies to your question.You can use both free and paid traffic. If you have limited funds then you could start with free traffic and when you have made some profit, invest that in paid traffic.
    Signature

    Discover 10 Little Known Free Traffic Strategies Click this.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10898915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zohaib Jahan
      Originally Posted by onlineworker11 View Post

      Yes i agree whith the previous replies to your question.You can use both free and paid traffic. If you have limited funds then you could start with free traffic and when you have made some profit, invest that in paid traffic.
      I also strongly agree with you @onlineworker11. First try to get first sale then invest this to earn more from paid traffic!
      Signature

      Let us build success,
      Engr Zohaib Jahan | The Best Findings

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samfakroon
    Both are good, in one you require money and in the other you require time investment. Paid advertising is scalable though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toysoldier80
    Free is best and it last longer where as paid is quick traffic but ends just as quick unless you keep paying. Free can be built gradually and last a lifetime.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10899698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hipeopo02
    "What's better? Paying for something or getting it for free?"


    "Is water still wet? Is the sky still blue?"


    Keep the threads coming...WF is comedy GOLD. Never disappoints LOL.
    Signature
    A crappy product or service by people that disappear from the forum for a long period of time to make it look like they were working on something so when they come back you will want to click on their crappy product or service link

    CLICK HERE! LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10900020].message }}

Trending Topics