Maximum No. of backlinks on Web 2.0 property

16 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi,

It is my understanding that after maximum number of backlinks on a Web 2.0 property, anything additional won't make a difference (as far as SEO is concerned).

Does this rule refer to backlinks at a DOMAIN/SITE level or backlinks at a PAGE level.

For example, after putting 3 backlinks to the money site on Web 2.0 property xyz.com, adding backlink #4 on xyz.com to point to the money site won't do anything - so - it is better to search out (or rather find) a new Web 2.0 property to put links upon.

TIA
#backlinks #maximum #property #web
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Originally Posted by dgmufasa View Post

    Hi,

    It is my understanding that after maximum number of backlinks on a Web 2.0 property, anything additional won't make a difference (as far as SEO is concerned).

    Does this rule refer to backlinks at a DOMAIN/SITE level or backlinks at a PAGE level.
    There is no such rule. Google would never inform marketers that that is the case. The strength of a link is determined by the strength of incoming link and the amount of links going out.

    So how many links a web 2.0 page can give reasonable juice varies. Two might be weak as water

    As it is a great deal of web 2.0 pages are weak anyway and people just blast second tier links to them. I don't know how long you guys are going to dream that Google won't start tweaking that strategy to make it more useless but I guess it will be years before you find somethng better
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917083].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dgmufasa
      Thanks for the response.

      and the amount of links going out.
      So - just to be sure there is no limit on the number of links leaving a Web 2.0 property pointing to the money site. For example, if there are 20 links pointing to the money site, google won't see it as being fishy .... (BTW, I am using 20 as a ludicrous example - but - I think you get the idea )
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917128].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by dgmufasa View Post

        Thanks for the response.



        So - just to be sure there is no limit on the number of links leaving a Web 2.0 property pointing to the money site. For example, if there are 20 links pointing to the money site, google won't see it as being fishy .... (BTW, I am using 20 as a ludicrous example - but - I think you get the idea )
        Probably depends more on the nature of the links than any specific number. For example, a sidebar link on a site with 50 pages, if going to give 50 links. Is that suspicious or nefarious? In most cases, probably not.

        On the other hand, if there are embedded, keyword-rich links in the content of each of those pages to the same site, that is probably going to look a lot more suspicious.

        Either way though, links from a 2.0 property are pretty much worthless. Whether you have 20 or 1, you are not going to rank anything with those. I wouldn't bother.
        Signature
        Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
        Delivered to you each week!

        >>> Sign Up Now <<<
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917181].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dgmufasa
          Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

          Either way though, links from a 2.0 property are pretty much worthless. Whether you have 20 or 1, you are not going to rank anything with those. I wouldn't bother.
          I thought that Web 2.0 properties could help depending upon the ones you chose to use. I found the following online:

          From: Top 100+ Free High PR Dofollow Web 2.0 Sites list 2015 - Power Tricks

          Most of the webmasters and SEOs use web 2.0 sites to create Tier 2 backlinks. But some also create backlinks directly for their money making sites. As, anyone can create free web 2.0 sites without knowing any coding language, so it gets huge popularity. To get high quality backlinks from Web 2.0 sites, anyone must choose web 2.0 sites with high page rank, good domain and page authority.
          Is what this guy saying right?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917366].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by dgmufasa View Post

            I thought that Web 2.0 properties could help depending upon the ones you chose to use. I found the following online:

            From: Top 100+ Free High PR Dofollow Web 2.0 Sites list 2015 - Power Tricks

            Read well known SEO blogs not just anyone. That person is totally clueless. There no such thing as a high PR site. PR means PAGE rank. There are some sites with home and other pages with high PR but thats for THAT HOME PAGE. When you put your new page up on these services your page is PR ZERO. Your page is nowhere near these HIgh PR pages on these services so you get little from it

            I don't know what it is about SEO why people can't figure things out. This high PR Web 2.0 thing has been out there for years and debunked for years and people still fall for it.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10918202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Web 2.0 can be powerful links but it's nothing like folks around here play around with.

    A web page is a web page, you can pump as much authority into the page/URL as anything else on the web.

    The problem here (IM/SEO forums) is noobs assume web 2.0 is magic, it's not. Again, it's a webpage, you can have zero authority or all the authority possible. It all revolves around the backlink page exact URL backlink profile.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917192].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author helloinman
    Yeh !! Maximum Number Of Links From Web 2.0 Website - No Issue !! All You Need To Make Sure Website Have High DA.

    Here Are Some Of My Favorite Web 2.0 Website:

    - Blogger
    - WordPress
    - Storify
    - Live Journal
    - Google Sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917379].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KarenByerly
      Originally Posted by helloinman View Post

      Yeh !! Maximum Number Of Links From Web 2.0 Website - No Issue !! All You Need To Make Sure Website Have High DA.

      Here Are Some Of My Favorite Web 2.0 Website:

      - Blogger
      - WordPress
      - Storify
      - Live Journal
      - Google Sites
      What is Google Sites?
      Signature
      Los Angeles Tax Attorney Ready To Fight For You!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10924442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ivan Duyduc
    I often buy the expired web 2.0 because they have already high Pa metrics and It takes short time to get index url from 2.0 sites
    Signature

    It is never too late to be who you might have been. Love adventure

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author customerblast
    Web 2.0 really isn't going to do much anymore after Googles latest updates, however to answer your question yes rather then adding more to the same properties fresh ones are better.
    Signature
    Free Instagram PVA Accounts - PM me if you would like some free samples!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10917529].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jefftaylor64
      Google will take the first link it finds to any one given url. More links to the same url are ignored...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10918122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Most of the webmasters and SEOs use web 2.0 sites to create Tier 2 backlinks. But some also create backlinks directly for their money making sites. As, anyone can create free web 2.0 sites without knowing any coding language, so it gets huge popularity. To get high quality backlinks from Web 2.0 sites, anyone must choose web 2.0 sites with high page rank, good domain and page authority.
    Originally Posted by dgmufasa View Post

    Is what this guy saying right?
    Nope. That person is clueless. DA has nothing to do with it (DOMAIN Authority has nothing to do with your page) and the PR and PA of any Web 2.0 page you create is going to be 0 unless you get some good links pointing at it.

    But if you can get good links, why waste your time pointing them at a page you don't control instead of just pointing them right to your site?
    Signature
    Get the TIPS and STRATEGIES I use to HELP businesses GROW through SEO.
    Delivered to you each week!

    >>> Sign Up Now <<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10918159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dgmufasa
    Originally Posted by yukon View Post

    The problem here (IM/SEO forums) is noobs assume web 2.0 is magic, it's not. Again, it's a webpage, you can have zero authority or all the authority possible. It all revolves around the backlink page exact URL backlink profile.
    What does this mean?

    Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

    Nope. That person is clueless. DA has nothing to do with it (DOMAIN Authority has nothing to do with your page) and the PR and PA of any Web 2.0 page you create is going to be 0 unless you get some good links pointing at it.

    But if you can get good links, why waste your time pointing them at a page you don't control instead of just pointing them right to your site?
    The guy seems to be focusing on creating links on 2.0 properties that point to the money site. My understanding was also that one uses the Web 2.0 properties in order to insulate the money site from any problems (where Google can issue penalties - i.e. de-indexing, etc.) It makes sense to me.

    I started this affiliate site back in late September. And now, it's finally capturing organic traffic through targeted + long tail keywords.
    ...
    - Order / create web 2.0's with tiered linking. GSA -> FCS networker -> Unique web 2.0 -> Affiliate money site (month 1-3)
    - Order / create PBN's (month 4-6)
    This is from the thread here: http://www.warriorforum.com/search-e...affiliate.html

    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    Read well known SEO blogs not just anyone. That person is totally clueless. There no such thing as a high PR site. PR means PAGE rank. There are some sites with home and other pages with high PR but thats for THAT HOME PAGE. When you put your new page up on these services your page is PR ZERO. Your page is nowhere near these HIgh PR pages on these services so you get little from it
    So if there is nothing to gain with PR on a Web 2.0 site, I take it then that there is something to gain by using the Domain Authority of the site (hence the reason people seem to always create profiles on Web 2.0 sites)?

    I heard that the goal was to create profiles on these types of Web 2.0 sites, put a link to the money site (index page) and then interact with the site (as in the case of a forum).

    But, according to the info below (from We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results. Here ) this may not be the case(?)

    You may have heard that getting backlinks from the same domain has diminishing returns. In other words, its better to get 10 links from 10 different sites than 10 links from the same domain.According to our analysis, this appears to be the case. We found that domain diversity has a substantial impact on rankings.
    Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

    I don't know what it is about SEO why people can't figure things out. This high PR Web 2.0 thing has been out there for years and debunked for years and people still fall for it.
    I was following the information from here. I was thinking about buying this software:

    https://longtailpro.com/how-to-creat...-work-for-seo/
    Yet, web 2.0 links still work when done right. Some forms should outright be considered mandatory, while others require a lot of effort to be seen as legitimate. In short, the web 2.0 linking game got a lot more strategic, with risk/reward dynamics affected by how much effort you are willing to put in.
    It looks like this company is making some kind of a suggestion to use a backlink strategy using Web 2.0 properties.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10918786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Intuz
    You can put any number of links. But your article or should blog should rank in SERP else the backlinks will be of no use.
    Web 2.0 properties should have some valuable contents, topics, higher DA and mentions.
    I wish you all the best for your work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10918816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luciesmazanska
    If you are asking whether many links from the same 2.0 platform count every one as a links from different sites. It doesn't.
    BUT, you have to take into account that if those links are created in, for example, several wordpress sites with a lot of time
    online and much presence in SERPs those will count as one every one.
    On the other hand, if you are creating new 2.0 sites to get those new links: When creating several sites on the same platform will make those links less relevant.
    Signature
    ★★★★★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10920399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author starlox
    I think it would be quite a huge flag if your building backlinks and suddenly it stops completely
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10924556].message }}

Trending Topics