Are backlinks effective?

by Nikhil Bansal Banned
34 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Google collects data from its own search engine and also through Google Analytics.
Why bother counting backlinks if google already knows which sites are popular?.
#backlinks #effective
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    First of all its non-sense. Google doesn't gather data from analytics.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11156891].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      First of all its non-sense. Google doesn't gather data from analytics.
      Google's information-gathering channels

      Google's stated mission is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful" and it is making good on this promise. However, Google is gathering even more information than most of us realize.

      Searches (web, images, news, blogs, etc.) - Google is, as you all know, the most popular search engine in the world with a market share of almost 70% (for example, 66% of searches in the US are made on Google). Google tracks all searches, and now with search becoming more and more personalized, this information is bound to grow increasingly detailed and user specific.

      Clicks on search results - Not only does Google get information on what we search for, it also gets to find out which search results we click on.

      Web crawling - Googlebot, Google's web crawler, is a busy bee, continuously reading and indexing billions of web pages.

      Website analytics - Google Analytics is by far the most popular website analytics package out there. Due to being free and still supporting a number of advanced features, it's used by a large percentage of the world's websites.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      First of all its non-sense. Google doesn't gather data from analytics.

      Right, Google creates the data from Google Analytics.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11158205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BreezeHost
    Backlinks are indeed effective for SEO and page ranking. Most of the Search Engines spiders, mainly Google gives a lot of value to the number of inbound links. Spiders consider site more reliable than others on the basis of the number of quality inbound links it has.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11156900].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by BreezeHost View Post

      Backlinks are indeed effective for SEO and page ranking. Most of the Search Engines spiders, mainly Google gives a lot of value to the number of inbound links. Spiders consider site more reliable than others on the basis of the number of quality inbound links it has.
      Google closed page rank.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157026].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JosephPMorris
      Originally Posted by BreezeHost View Post

      Backlinks are indeed effective for SEO and page ranking. Most of the Search Engines spiders, mainly Google gives a lot of value to the number of inbound links. Spiders consider site more reliable than others on the basis of the number of quality inbound links it has.
      Hi Breezehost,
      I think you mean that inbound link is better than SEO backlink. If you right, that's why we are going to wrong way. Nice to meet you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11158196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rabbitsabc
    yes backlinks are effective one to drive traffic in seo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11156943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seomental
    yeah backlinks still effective but you have to create quality backlinks from high authority sites,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11156990].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      [QUOTE=seomental;11156990]yeah backlinks still effective but you have to create quality backlinks from high authority sites,[/QUOTE

      So you think, A backlink is the most effective part to get high rank in SERP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aru rajput
    Backlinks are the hyperlinks that point back to your website from another online resource. Yes, they are effective but not all certain kind of backlinks, because quality link building is not easy , if its done improperly then it can result in penalty also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157028].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by aru rajput View Post

      Backlinks are the hyperlinks that point back to your website from another online resource. Yes, they are effective but not all certain kind of backlinks, because quality link building is not easy , if its done improperly then it can result in penalty also.
      Ok, you said if backlink makes improperly so the result is a penalty. How I know my backlink give me some penalty issue. or how I improve it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manavseo
    They are indeed.

    Backlinks, when created of high quality, will increase your website's authority. Which in-fact can help you rank for keywords with moderate to high difficulty.

    Big companies like ahrefs or moz would shut down if it weren't for backlinks.

    To clear your misconception, in SEO, popularity comes with authority and not traffic (unless it's 90% organic).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by Nikhil Bansal View Post

    Google collects data from its own search engine and also through Google Analytics.
    Why bother counting backlinks if google already knows which sites are popular?.
    Because links are the #1 ranking factor in their algorithm. Always have been. A site doesn't just become popular in the search engine. Without links, there would be no search traffic.

    Originally Posted by Nikhil Bansal View Post

    Google closed page rank.
    No, they did not. They still use PageRank every single day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author expmrb
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post


      No, they did not. They still use PageRank every single day.
      I agree. Its just not display for common public.
      Signature
      SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
      Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      Because links are the #1 ranking factor in their algorithm. Always have been. A site doesn't just become popular in the search engine. Without links, there would be no search traffic.



      No, they did not. They still use PageRank every single day.
      please give me an example where you show PageRank website or some quality backlink.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159012].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Backlinks are very important for a website its like votes ,who has the most votes its won the elections .You understand
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11157647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by spartan14 View Post

      Backlinks are very important for a website its like votes ,who has the most votes its won the elections .You understand

      Wrong.

      It's more like whoever has the strongest authority votes wins.

      One good followed link can trump 1,000s of weak links, even If they're followed.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11158206].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author expmrb
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post


        One good followed link can trump 1,000s of weak links, even If they're followed.
        That's very true.
        Signature
        SEO Motionz Forum & Blog- Digital Marketing Forum & Blog,
        Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11158240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
        Banned
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Wrong.

        It's more like whoever has the strongest authority votes wins.

        One good followed link can trump 1,000s of weak links, even If they're followed.
        I know a quality backlink is better than 1000 low-quality backlink. but how a backlink increased traffic on my website. I want a quality backlink that creates some natural backlink, how is it possible?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamie3000
    People say content is king but a thin page with a strong backlink profile will out rank any content
    Signature

    I make FREE SEO/IM Software at www.SupaGrowth.com
    PBN Hunter / Expired Tumblr Hunters / Backlink Finders and more all 100% FREE.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11158112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by jamie3000 View Post

      People say content is king but a thin page with a strong backlink profile will out rank any content
      Ok if my backlink is so good or my content is low-quality content so , it's got me some positive result or negative result.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AppJetty
    Yes, backlinks are effective for website. Search engine gives more importance to the site which website has quality inbound links.

    Thanks,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159051].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by AppJetty View Post

      Yes, backlinks are effective for website. Search engine gives more importance to the site which website has quality inbound links.

      Thanks,
      Search engine gives more importance to the site which website has great inbound link?????

      Really google notice all about the thing. Is it true?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159063].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AppJetty
        Yes it is true.

        Thanks,
        AppJetty
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159102].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
          Banned
          Originally Posted by AppJetty View Post

          Yes it is true.

          Thanks,
          AppJetty
          But in my point of view google crawl, only natural link means some one create a backlink on your backlink. What do you think about this?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159121].message }}
  • Back links are very important. It tells the search engine that your site is good if you have back links from good DA websites. This will in return increase your websites ranking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Reputation Planners View Post

      Back links are very important. It tells the search engine that your site is good if you have back links from good DA websites. This will in return increase your websites ranking.
      Google doesn't need any da pa website. google crawl your natural backlink. It is not important if you create a backlink on another website (authoritative website ). Google crawl your natural backlink means your backlink create some more backlink. some one creates a backlink on your backlink. this way google to crawl your link and your backlink easily popular and improve your ranking.

      Every one makes or creates a backlink after that the result is made a spammy link but no one go to natural backlink that's why I'm asking you a question?

      Visit website - Apptunix.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James_w
    Yes good back links from authority sites will help your ranking
    Signature

    Ready To Go DropShip Websites
    http://dropshipwebsites.net/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159092].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by James_w View Post

      Yes good back links from authority sites will help your ranking
      Ok you said that create backlink in authorative website. is helpful?

      How do you know this authoritative website is good for me.Google page rank is closed means google don't show a page rank in publically. if you check da pa of any website. Da pa is not effective in any SEO term. how do you know this authoritative website give me some helpful result or backlink?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amitthakre26
    Backlink's are most effective factor for ranking into the SERP of any search engine.
    I am agree with your query.
    Both Do-follow and No-follow link's are important for ranking factor
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by amitthakre26 View Post

      Backlink's are most effective factor for ranking into the SERP of any search engine.
      I am agree with your query.
      Both Do-follow and No-follow link's are important for ranking factor
      okk if google don't crawl no- follow link why we create no follow backlink.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martin smith
    Backlinks are effective but we need to build quality backlinks from high authority websites...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159164].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Martin smith View Post

      Backlinks are effective but we need to build quality backlinks from high authority websites...
      How do you know this authoritative website is good for me.Google page rank is closed means google don't show a page rank in publically. if you check da pa of any website. Da pa is not effective in any SEO term. how do you know this authoritative website give me some helpful result or backlink?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nikhil Bansal
    Banned
    This is my website. whats the trick or suggestion to get my website ranked with in one day?

    WEBSITE - apptunix.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11159245].message }}

Trending Topics