Questions for Xfactor

by Ghalt
14 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey John -

I know you're busy making your new forum, but I have a few questions. And remembering the advice I was given in elementary school, "If you have a question, ask it, because the other students are probably wondering the same thing and are too shy to ask."

So, here goes:

1. When's the new forum coming out?

2. Do you need some moderators? I volunteer.

3. If you follow the 'guide', and do about 15 articles, and your niche site is not in the top 3, do you just leave the site and move on to the next one, trusting in the long-term nature of article marketing, or do you keep writing articles for the first one?

4. (put another way) After how much effort do you stop pursuing a site and simply spend your time on the next sites?

5. I know you do PRIMARILY article marketing...do you EVER do anything else for backlinking, and if so, what?

6. Do you get tired of people not taking action and just asking questions over and over again, getting bogged down in the details and wrapped around the axle about every little thing, like they need all of the lights to be green before they will even pull out of the driveway?

7. Do you hate run-on sentences?


That's about it for now. Been workin' it. Been seeing results. Been testing and measurin' everything. I have some ideas that I'm waiting to share on the new forums based on that. But until the forums are up, I'm hoping for some clarity here.
#questions #xfactor
  • Profile picture of the author 7_8_shortcuts
    Hmmmm

    About point 6.) on "taking action" that occurred to me...

    I know people get bogged down by details and can't get started for ages sometimes

    but

    i can also sympathize, because I think all of us have to fight procrastination for whatever reasons.

    It's not easy to take action sometimes, especially if you are confused.

    if you are overwhelmed with information and particularly if you have never before experienced good results from something you did on purpose, then it can get frustrating.

    I started seeing success online only after I decided on one strategy/business model and completely tried to focus on just that for a while and do thins SYSTEMATICALLY - EVERY DAY.

    Then eventually things get better. I found that the lack of consistency was one of my biggest enemies.

    I did few things right, but...

    because I mixed everything all the time and didn't stay on one track, it never got me anywhere, until I managed to focus on one thing/project/technique only for longer and just get it completed.

    (after all we all know already so much about IM that works... no good to try and do everything)...

    or example

    If I completed let's say 3 articles every day for the last 18 months, since I learned about article marketing, how many articles would I have already had making me money?

    Well... many!

    But I didn't (initially)... I kept doing some articles here and something else there...

    Now I outsource that part and I consistently get these articles written for me and that's giving me

    momentum.

    That works
    Signature
    [Instant WSO Formatter] WARRIORS: Launch your WSO like a pro! Instant WSO formatting from within Wordpress...??

    [WP Sales Engine] - Point-and-Click Sales Letters, CPA-, Squeeze-, OTO-, Landing Pages Creator...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1267688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ghalt
    I'm a little afraid to outsource until I know that the process works for me.

    I mean, I understand that conceptually it should work, but on a balance sheet, I need to know that I will make back more from the articles than what I pay to have them written.

    Then again, like John, writing the articles isn't the problem for me. I don't mind writing, and have figured out lots of ways to write tons of articles (a la the 'Unique Content' process in my sig).


    At this point, with my sites bouncing around, I'm having a hard time predicting what a site will earn on average. Knowing that would help me decide what to spend more time on...writing articles for existing, but under-performing niches, or creating new sites.

    Overall, though, point well taken. Treat IM like a business, not a hobby, and it will treat you back.
    Signature
    Got eBook?

    Save money - make your eBook Cover yourself with free software (GIMP), and our detailed guide: http://www.makeebookcovers.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274014].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author XFactor
      Originally Posted by Ghalt View Post

      I'm having a hard time predicting what a site will earn on average. Knowing that would help me decide what to spend more time on...writing articles for existing, but under-performing niches, or creating new sites.
      I'm starting to think you really didn't read my book

      I say that because (especially in the last chapter), I do my best to
      always let you know that this is the most unpredictable business
      that one can undertake (relying on the search engines).

      I suggest you go through and read my book 2 more times, and pay
      more attention to the non-work details and more attention to my
      remarks and personal insights to the mentality needed to succeed
      with SEO and free search engine traffic.

      - John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author klublok
      Originally Posted by Ghalt View Post

      I'm a little afraid to outsource until I know that the process works for me.

      I mean, I understand that conceptually it should work, but on a balance sheet, I need to know that I will make back more from the articles than what I pay to have them written.
      I had the same concern - since I have decided to outsource everything because I have couple of other things on the go ...

      But then I thought about it, if I spend say $200 for someone to put up a site with articles and backlinking and it makes me about $10 per month conservatively, that's 60% return in a year!

      Where can I get that sort of return on my money? Especially when you consider that the only place you can really invest $200 is in your bank account or your mortgage (which will only return about 6% max).

      So my thoughts are that if I spend $3k on 15 sites and I get more than $300 per year back I am doing better than if I invested my money elsewhere.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1275739].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author joesemo
        Hi Xfactor,

        I just bought and read your E-book, Well worth the money I paid, and I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a how to book, or anyone who needs a fresh start on the make money online game, many people can not seem to get their first success and give up.

        I have been waffling around on what way to get my internet marketing headed. To date I have had some adsense success, anywhere from $3-$30 a day depending on how the traffic flows from the search engines that day - and how clicky the viewers feel.

        Your book finally gives me the kind of Template/Blueprint for a work schedule that I have been looking for. I very much understand that this is a business and hardwork will be required, and some days will be harder than others, but I really enjoy the up's and down's of making website's and watching them grow.

        Your somewhat unique view on how to make article writing less painful is a true help to me, and makes this critical part of linkbuilding easier to swallow.

        The only question I have is how often do you plan on updating the ebook?
        Signature
        The Keyword Academy - Get organized and focused to build your internet business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1286687].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dpepper
          Dear John,

          Thank you so much for your book, I started to see results within a week of putting up a new site and it had a lower count than you suggested, but no matter I'm so thrilled I've doubled what I made last month and the month isn't over yet so I'm a believer. My first site made it to number 3 with only one article!

          I just got my second site indexed in the search engines today I haven't found out where it ranks yet. So I will continue to write articles which thanks to you are no longer a chore. I just got my ezine articles account going today as well.

          I do have a question based on post #182 of the 6 months later thread (it was closed so I couldn't post it there) since it has not been brought up again so far. (so I think) I thought I would ask.

          I finished my third site today, I did the keyword research it has 1000 searches and the soc was 0. Although it didn't pay out the quite the 50 cents minimum it was close enough I thought with the low soc. I made tight niche keyword domain with 17 advertisers according to spyfu. But the ads on running on my site are too general, I'm not sure they will get clicked on, they relate to my keyword but not close enough. This is the first time it has happened could the advertisers have run out of money for the day?

          Should I wait or add more text and or keywords to the site? I re-wrote the context but it didn't seem to help yet. Is this part of the game and just how things go sometimes? Or is there some more specific I can do to get the keywords I want in the adsense ad? I don't believe you addressed this in your book if you did I must have missed it.

          Thanks again for your generosity towards others especially when most of what they ask are right there in your wonderful book. If you want me to pm you my site I would be happy too.

          Another question I read you have the privacy on your domain names is that to prevent people from finding your sites?

          Sincerely,
          Dolores
          Signature

          Dolores Pepper
          .................................................. ..............

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1293989].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XFactor
    Originally Posted by Ghalt View Post

    Hey John -

    I know you're busy making your new forum, but I have a few questions. And remembering the advice I was given in elementary school, "If you have a question, ask it, because the other students are probably wondering the same thing and are too shy to ask."

    So, here goes:

    1. When's the new forum coming out?

    2. Do you need some moderators? I volunteer.

    3. If you follow the 'guide', and do about 15 articles, and your niche site is not in the top 3, do you just leave the site and move on to the next one, trusting in the long-term nature of article marketing, or do you keep writing articles for the first one?

    4. (put another way) After how much effort do you stop pursuing a site and simply spend your time on the next sites?

    5. I know you do PRIMARILY article marketing...do you EVER do anything else for backlinking, and if so, what?

    6. Do you get tired of people not taking action and just asking questions over and over again, getting bogged down in the details and wrapped around the axle about every little thing, like they need all of the lights to be green before they will even pull out of the driveway?

    7. Do you hate run-on sentences?


    That's about it for now. Been workin' it. Been seeing results. Been testing and measurin' everything. I have some ideas that I'm waiting to share on the new forums based on that. But until the forums are up, I'm hoping for some clarity here.
    1) Hopefully tonight.

    2) I may not need any moderators because it is a private forum with
    members only, so I'd assume they would all respect each other since
    it is not a public forum.

    3) Yes, no, maybe, perhaps... These questions are impossible to answer.
    Every site is different, every niche is different, every keyword is different.

    (Did you read my book?)

    4) Same as #3.

    5) Again, did you read my book? I was very detailed about my story, and
    that I have used all backlink trends under the sun, but article marketing
    is my preferred method.

    6) Yes.

    7) Run-on sentences do not bother me at all.

    - John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ghalt
      Heh. Not only did I read it, but I just RE-read it...and was coming back to post corrections when I see you had already responded. Too funny.

      The book isn't totally clear to me about what to do at the end of the 7-day process if your site isn't ranked.

      BUT...you do say to finish the first 20 sites before deciding to go back and evaluate individual sites. After having re-read that, I'm inclined to think I should stop work on my existing "completed" sites, even though they aren't in the top 3, and let them settle in the Google Dance, while I work on my next sites.

      I was coming here to repent of my analysis paralysis.

      I look forward to seeing the forums!
      Signature
      Got eBook?

      Save money - make your eBook Cover yourself with free software (GIMP), and our detailed guide: http://www.makeebookcovers.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274725].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author XFactor
        Originally Posted by Ghalt View Post

        Heh. Not only did I read it, but I just RE-read it...and was coming back to post corrections when I see you had already responded. Too funny.

        The book isn't totally clear to me about what to do at the end of the 7-day process if your site isn't ranked.

        BUT...you do say to finish the first 20 sites before deciding to go back and evaluate individual sites. After having re-read that, I'm inclined to think I should stop work on my existing "completed" sites, even though they aren't in the top 3, and let them settle in the Google Dance, while I work on my next sites.

        I was coming here to repent of my analysis paralysis.

        I look forward to seeing the forums!
        Honestly speaking the action plan has been dumbed down quite a bit
        over my last 8 week testing period, but the article marketing has
        taken a better turn in writing for the niches.

        No secrets there - same old advice.

        However, by changing the action plan to just submitting 1 article
        per day per new site, the process can be slowed down once your
        sites are ranking and earning money.

        But that is in individual thing - you may want to make your sites
        bigger and add more pages.

        Or you may want to build more smaller sites.

        Or you may just want to continue adding backlinks to your initial
        sites.

        The roads are many.

        - John
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    Ooooo can't wait for the forums.... *starts to rub hands together*
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    John, any idea when you think we will have any further info from you on the 'slight change' of article marketing technique? I didn't even know you were going to send us something until I read something on the forum somewhere.... :-)

    Zaheer
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author falconflier19
      I know he was talking about writing for the niches specifically. I too altered and have seen much greater click thru from my articles. It definitely works much better for me anyways.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1274960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Stevens
    Originally Posted by Ghalt View Post

    Hey John -

    I know you're busy making your new forum, but I have a few questions. And remembering the advice I was given in elementary school, "If you have a question, ask it, because the other students are probably wondering the same thing and are too shy to ask."

    So, here goes:

    1. When's the new forum coming out?

    2. Do you need some moderators? I volunteer.

    3. If you follow the 'guide', and do about 15 articles, and your niche site is not in the top 3, do you just leave the site and move on to the next one, trusting in the long-term nature of article marketing, or do you keep writing articles for the first one?

    4. (put another way) After how much effort do you stop pursuing a site and simply spend your time on the next sites?

    5. I know you do PRIMARILY article marketing...do you EVER do anything else for backlinking, and if so, what?

    6. Do you get tired of people not taking action and just asking questions over and over again, getting bogged down in the details and wrapped around the axle about every little thing, like they need all of the lights to be green before they will even pull out of the driveway?

    7. Do you hate run-on sentences?


    That's about it for now. Been workin' it. Been seeing results. Been testing and measurin' everything. I have some ideas that I'm waiting to share on the new forums based on that. But until the forums are up, I'm hoping for some clarity here.
    I love your style of writing - it cracked me up!
    Signature

    Yours in prosperity,
    Skochy - The Musical Salesman

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1299137].message }}

Trending Topics