Build Backlinks For SEO

60 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Backlinks are links that come from other blogs through blog commenting, blogger outreach campaigns, guest posts, forum posting and infographic submissions. To get a first page ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing, you must generate high quality backlinks.

How can you build your business on solid & proven blogging fundamentals? How do you get a first page ranking on time? Consider building your business based on Google's three most crucial ranking signals.

Google officially announced RankBrain as its third most crucial ranking signal though didn't disclose the top two ranking signals. The two most important ranking signals in Google's search algorithm were announced to be Links and Content by Andrey Lipattsev; a Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google though never specified which of the two signals was the most crucial.

In a recent search of over 1 million articles by Brian Dean; the world SEO expert and fellow data analysts, it was found that links are an extremely crucial ranking signal. The number of domains that linked to a page has more correlation with ranking than other ranking factors.

How do you build your online business with high quality links?

Tip 1 - Do Blog Commenting Accurately: Blog commenting is an effective way to build high quality links for Google first page ranking. By making genuine and authentic comments to pro bloggers' blogs, you'll generate backlinks and the law of reciprocity will take effects.

Tip 2 - Promote & Help Authority Bloggers: Start promoting pro bloggers in your blog posts, within your blog comments, at social media channels and elsewhere. You will build strong relationship and get a lot of mentions.

Tip 3 - Write Quality Guest Posts For Pro Bloggers: Most bloggers regard guest posting as a waste of time thinking it wouldn't work for them. Guest blogging is a big strategy to getting lots of backlinks which can guarantee first page rankings.

How do you create remarkable content?

Be Informative: Writing informative articles can attract hundreds of thousands of readers to your blog within a week.

Be Topically-Relevant: To get a first page ranking in Google, your content must be topically relevant and must have not less than 1890 words in length. This is how it works with content and audience engagement.

Write Helpful Content: Google is meticulous about how helpful, creative, practicable and compelling your content is in ranking your site.
#backlinks #build #seo
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author etdigital1
    Good information. Thank you for sharing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323742].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Thanks for finding my post insightful and informative, etdigital! Applying blogging strategies into online marketing will help you succeed with a blog faster than anyone in the world.


      Getting awesome blogging buddies and helping & promoting top bloggers without expecting anything in return will help you build strong relationship and this will increase your site exposure for better rankings. Kudos!


      Originally Posted by etdigital1 View Post

      Good information. Thank you for sharing
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Blog commenting for link building seriously !!!!
    You are almost 15 years late mate.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Yes, blog commenting is great for building links in two great ways, . First, you generate backlinks from other niche related blogs when someone read your comment and clicked on your link to visit your site.


      Second, you generate backlinks through "Dofollow" links. Search engines follow your links as you make genuine and authentic comments to those blogs out there. Thanks for joining the discussion!


      Wish you breakthroughs,
      Israel Olatunji


      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      Blog commenting for link building seriously !!!!
      You are almost 15 years late mate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323828].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author expmrb
        Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

        Yes, blog commenting is great for building links in two great ways, . First, you generate backlinks from other niche related blogs when someone read your comment and clicked on your link to visit your site.


        Second, you generate backlinks through "Dofollow" links. Search engines follow your links as you make genuine and authentic comments to those blogs out there. Thanks for joining the discussion!


        Wish you breakthroughs,
        Israel Olatunji
        First of all, blog comments mostly 99% of them provides no-follow links. And the least amount about 1% which do provide do-follow links passes no link juice almost to nothing.

        And what is you talking comment link traffic is just referral traffic which has nothing to do with the SERP's.
        Signature
        SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
        Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328822].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author incomenow
          Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

          First of all, blog comments mostly 99% of them provides no-follow links. And the least amount about 1% which do provide do-follow links passes no link juice almost to nothing.

          And what is you talking comment link traffic is just referral traffic which has nothing to do with the SERP's.
          Thanks for all the great ideas you guys have contributed and the main points claiming that blog commenting is of no relevance to SERPs! What about guest posting? Is that an old blogging strategy too? Just be straightforward about it. What are more relevant to SEO than the stuff you've disputed here?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
      well, it may not effective way in terms of link building, but it's a good way for brand awareness.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pdomain
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      Blog commenting for link building seriously !!!!
      You are almost 15 years late mate.
      Really?

      I respect your experience and expertise but how confidently can you say that blog comments are not helpful?

      Are you working with Google as an engineer/employee?

      All types of links are helpful, too little or too much........ even a spam link is helpful over the same quality of website that doesn't have any links.

      But natural aspect of SEO is applied here..... if you are building only spam links then they are not helpful...

      Even directories, social bookmarking (which are neglected today) are helpful, but they are very less helpful compared to other powerful link types.....

      Even Google doesn't know what is helpful and what is not helpful to enhance ranking of a website. Because there are too many ranking signals approx. 200 and it is tough job for Google to classify each signal percentage-wise regards to ranking of a web page.......

      And, Blog? Blogs and Forums are blood of internet, it directly solves consumers problems. Most of the internet users participate in blog and forum discussions to enhance their knowledge, solve their problems sitting at home....

      And, you are saying that blog comments are not helpful.....?

      Now it comes to nofollow/dofollow....... how can you say that Google doesn't consider nofollow links as a ranking signal?
      Signature

      Coming soon!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331160].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by Pdomain View Post


        Even Google doesn't know what is helpful and what is not helpful to enhance ranking of a website
        Thats so delusional that I don't even need to respond to the rest of the poor points you made in your post. Any intelligent person should be able to judge if that statement makes an ounce of sense.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

    In a recent search of over 1 million articles by Brian Dean; the world SEO expert and fellow data analysts, it was found that links are an extremely crucial ranking signal. The number of domains that linked to a page has more correlation with ranking than other ranking factors.
    I'm sure he appreciates the credit, but Brian didn't discover that. It's been known for over 15 years. Lol.

    Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

    Tip 1 - Do Blog Commenting Accurately: Blog commenting is an effective way to build high quality links for Google first page ranking. By making genuine and authentic comments to pro bloggers' blogs, you'll generate backlinks and the law of reciprocity will take effects.
    If you are building links through blog commenting, you are wasting your time. Terrible advice. Look at the top ranking sites in any competitive niches. They are not ranking because of blog comment links.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
    Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Kudos to you, MikeFriedman for your brilliant contribution! Thanks for contributing an excellent idea. As you know, we are all learning in the world and I would love to ask for your own suggestions about the best ways to get high quality backlinks other than outreaching, commenting on niche related blogs and writing guest posts for pro bloggers which I mentioned in this discussion.


      I would love and appreciate your own brilliant suggestions so that everyone can learn further. I noticed you didn't suggest any better way to generate high quality links except that you called blog commenting a waste of time. Kindly suggest better ways and everybody would be more than happy to grab them. Thanks for joining the discussion!


      Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

      I'm sure he appreciates the credit, but Brian didn't discover that. It's been known for over 15 years. Lol.



      If you are building links through blog commenting, you are wasting your time. Terrible advice. Look at the top ranking sites in any competitive niches. They are not ranking because of blog comment links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gadislade
    There are lot of techniques by which backlinks for the website can be created but mainly blog comments, quora answers and forum posting are beneficial to get traffic for the website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11323973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Thanks for joining the conversation, gadislade! Much appreciated! To most bloggers who don't understand the efficacy of audience engagement and how Google counts so much on engaging the audience, it would be a waste of time.


      Highly successful bloggers would never call blog commenting a waste of time because they how much they made from that alone. They emphasize much more on blog commenting as part of the great ways to get high quality backlinks for better search engine rankings.


      The reason behind this is that we are in a world of "I want to start it now and earn it now". Blogging isn't like that. It takes some time to build an online empire, but most people wouldn't agree to that anatomy.


      Giving a lot of answers on Quora is a great way to get high quality backlinks. Leveraging the high PR niche-related forums can help to get a lot of backlinks too. Thanks for participating!


      Wish you much success,
      Israel Olatunji


      Originally Posted by gadislade View Post

      There are lot of techniques by which backlinks for the website can be created but mainly blog comments, quora answers and forum posting are beneficial to get traffic for the website
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenlee
    I still use blog comment to a certain degree.

    The comment need to be useful to the users/readers too. If you are just writing things like "great post" etc, obvious no one is going to even look at you.

    But if you provide additional tips/insight, that will be good. It helps to bring in referral traffic and helps in the ranking(not alot of help though).

    I will usually use blog comment to point to blog post but not the money site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Thanks for your brilliant contribution, owenlee! You have said it all. Most bloggers had a wrong thought that blog commenting doesn't work whereas it wouldn't ever work for them because they don't care to leave genuine comments. Search engines appreciate your genuine and authentic comments and will put more trust in you for real. More trust means more ranking. More ranking means more traffic and more traffic means more revenue. Thanks for participating!


      Originally Posted by owenlee View Post

      I still use blog comment to a certain degree.

      The comment need to be useful to the users/readers too. If you are just writing things like "great post" etc, obvious no one is going to even look at you.

      But if you provide additional tips/insight, that will be good. It helps to bring in referral traffic and helps in the ranking(not alot of help though).

      I will usually use blog comment to point to blog post but not the money site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324303].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

        . Search engines appreciate your genuine and authentic comments and will put more trust in you for real.
        Absolute and Total nonsense. This is why this section of WF has turned into such a worthless place to learn SEO. Search engines care no more about your comments on blogs than they do Facebook comments or individual forum posts.

        You merely assume Google employees are idiots and do not know blog comments are self published. How many times does Google have to say they prefer editorial links (links placed by the webmaster within the body of an article) before it sinks in?

        Why do people who obviously do not know anything about SEO (your on page seo for your site is atrocious) always try to teach on it? Not only are blog comment sections a known place for link spam but pages that allow blog comment links are routinely DILUTED because the quantity of links on a page dilutes the strength of each individual link.

        SEO 101

        I would love to ask for your own suggestions about the best ways to get high quality backlinks other than outreaching,
        Why? Why do we need more than outreach and content marketing? Outreach by itself has several possible strategies that most SEOs will never run out of.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11325152].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author incomenow
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Absolute and Total nonsense. This is why this section of WF has turned into such a worthless place to learn SEO. Search engines care no more about your comments on blogs than they do Facebook comments or individual forum posts.

          You merely assume Google employees are idiots and do not know blog comments are self published. How many times does Google have to say they prefer editorial links (links placed by the webmaster within the body of an article) before it sinks in?

          Why do people who obviously do not know anything about SEO (your on page seo for your site is atrocious) always try to teach on it? Not only are blog comment sections a known place for link spam but pages that allow blog comment links are routinely DILUTED because the quantity of links on a page dilutes the strength of each individual link.

          SEO 101



          Why? Why do we need more than outreach and content marketing? Outreach by itself has several possible strategies that most SEOs will never run out of.

          Kudos to you, professor Mike and SEO expert! I am, at least, happy that you didn't dispute outreaching and content marketing though what you considered to be absolute and total nonsense here were implemented by some pros like Jon Morrow, Neil Patel, Brian Dean and many others and they keep succeeding day by day.

          They keep teaching their students and they make thousands of dollars monthly applying those strategies including blog commenting that you seriously disputed here. I am so surprised that blog commenting is called absolute and total nonsense by a pro blogger like you.

          What does Google count as a way to engage your audience if not through genuine blog commenting? What is the essence of Gravatar for detecting real and authentic blog comments? Why do millions of bloggers use the "Akismet" plugin to detect spam comments for Google employees to become so dull and conclude that all comments are self-published comments?

          Don't you engage your audience by leaving helpful and insightful comments on your own blog and on other niche related blogs? What would you say about blogs that allow "Dofollow" backlinks? What do you think the "Dofollow" links are meant for. What do you think search engines do with those links?

          What would you say about guest blogging which is part of the strategies I mentioned under this discussion? How will all these strategies amount to turning this section of the forum a worthless place to learn SEO? Is anyone an embodiment of knowledge in this world. Are we not all learners in the world? Any word of dispute against this fact?

          This is a discussion, not a debate, prof Mike. So, it calls for contributing greater and better ideas, not antagonizing ideas, prof. People are simply learning and I am learning too. Thus, I would expect pros like you to contribute better ideas than what I might have in mind to give here. If I was wrong somewhere, why wouldn't you straighten me? Thanks for getting back! Much appreciated!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11325534].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

            Kudos to you, professor Mike and SEO expert! I am, at least, happy that you didn't dispute outreaching and content marketing though what you considered to be absolute and total nonsense here were implemented by some pros like Jon Morrow, Neil Patel, Brian Dean and many others and they keep succeeding day by day.
            I happen to know Brian Dean personally and I'd love a link where he says Google cares about your comments. Just because you said someone said something doesn't mean they did.

            I am so surprised that blog commenting is called absolute and total nonsense by a pro blogger like you.
            Then you probably don't know any. Pro bloggers engage their audience by writing good content articles not running around leaving blog comments on other people sites. Many major sites don't even have blog comments. Others delete them fast when they have links and an anchor text link is almost always considered spam.

            Why do millions of bloggers use the "Akismet" plugin to detect spam comments
            because its a key area of link spam. care to figure out why Google would want to avoid giving too much credit to blog comments in light of that fact? THINK!

            What makes suggesting things as very important that google often indicates as spam so worthless is that people can't determine whats half decent and just awful.

            This is a discussion, not a debate, prof Mike
            If people want to debate an issue they will. if you don't like that then don't post because you won't be giving me instructions or anyone else with what they can and cannot do.

            Thats not prof mike's opinion thats what the forum rules allow for

            Class dismissed.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328228].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author incomenow
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              I happen to know Brian Dean personally and I'd love a link where he says Google cares about your comments. Just because you said someone said something doesn't mean they did.



              Then you probably don't know any. Pro bloggers engage their audience by writing good content articles not running around leaving blog comments on other people sites. Many major sites don't even have blog comments. Others delete them fast when they have links and an anchor text link is almost always considered spam.



              because its a key area of link spam. care to figure out why Google would want to avoid giving too much credit to blog comments in light of that fact? THINK!

              What makes suggesting things as very important that google often indicates as spam so worthless is that people can't determine whats half decent and just awful.



              If people want to debate an issue they will. if you don't like that then don't post because you won't be giving me instructions or anyone else with what they can and cannot do.

              Thats not prof mike's opinion thats what the forum rules allow for

              Class dismissed.
              Who am I to give instructions here? It's great for issues to be debated in a forum though, what I disputed was just the culture of calling another person's idea "Total and absolute nonsense" though might be an old, wrong or weak idea to blogging. To me, the phrase "Total and Absolute nonsense" seemed like an abuse of words no matter what.

              Of course if I knew I was wrong, I will admit and seek better and working strategies from you or anyone since all I want for myself and other people out there is becoming successful. Use of words means a lot to me and so many people out there. Thanks for, at least, not calling my blogging ideas Poops here! The "Total and absolute nonsense" is still better than "Poops" a bit. Much appreciated!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329057].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

                To me, the phrase "Total and Absolute nonsense" seemed like an abuse of words no matter what.
                Relevant words bolded. Its an abuse only if there is no such thing as total and absolute nonsense. However there is such a thing

                You are now even claiming that your big collection of dofollow (technically no such thing but whatever) links has to be good for SEO which is

                total and absolute nonsense

                A) such lists are spammed to death by bots and tools designed for link spamming so every link placed on the page divides its strength close to zero

                B) Google can detect excessive links on a page (drop dead easy to do in programming) and mark the sites with all these links as a link spam site and/or link farm

                look at the post , join date and likes of the people disagreeing with you. Almost all of them have got their likes by helping people do SEO over the years. Now posts on a forum don't mean spit but if over theyears these people have got likes from helping people do SEO then that should tell you something that they all disagree with you.
                Signature

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329857].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
            Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

            Kudos to you, professor Mike and SEO expert! I am, at least, happy that you didn't dispute outreaching and content marketing though what you considered to be absolute and total nonsense here were implemented by some pros like Jon Morrow, Neil Patel, Brian Dean and many others and they keep succeeding day by day.

            They keep teaching their students and they make thousands of dollars monthly applying those strategies including blog commenting that you seriously disputed here. I am so surprised that blog commenting is called absolute and total nonsense by a pro blogger like you.

            What does Google count as a way to engage your audience if not through genuine blog commenting? What is the essence of Gravatar for detecting real and authentic blog comments? Why do millions of bloggers use the "Akismet" plugin to detect spam comments for Google employees to become so dull and conclude that all comments are self-published comments?

            Don't you engage your audience by leaving helpful and insightful comments on your own blog and on other niche related blogs? What would you say about blogs that allow "Dofollow" backlinks? What do you think the "Dofollow" links are meant for. What do you think search engines do with those links?

            What would you say about guest blogging which is part of the strategies I mentioned under this discussion? How will all these strategies amount to turning this section of the forum a worthless place to learn SEO? Is anyone an embodiment of knowledge in this world. Are we not all learners in the world? Any word of dispute against this fact?

            This is a discussion, not a debate, prof Mike. So, it calls for contributing greater and better ideas, not antagonizing ideas, prof. People are simply learning and I am learning too. Thus, I would expect pros like you to contribute better ideas than what I might have in mind to give here. If I was wrong somewhere, why wouldn't you straighten me? Thanks for getting back! Much appreciated!

            Jon, Neil, nor Brian advocate blog commenting as a valid SEO strategy.

            Since you seem to believe that millions of blogger are ranking their sites through blog commenting, please show me one website ranking for at least a moderately competitive term on the back of blog comment links.

            I have not seen one in a decade or longer.
            Signature
            SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
            Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328248].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              I have not seen one in a decade or longer.
              Number one reason so much awful advice is given in this forum is very old strategies that people jsut want to still work. They think google has sat still in fighting link spam.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328374].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Number one reason so much awful advice is given in this forum is very old strategies that people jsut want to still work. They think google has sat still in fighting link spam.
                I think they also underestimate how easy it is for Google to just ignore spammy stuff like comment links and how little of an impact doing so has at the top of the SERPS.

                If you can give your bot footprints to use to find places to comment, don't you think Google can do the same thing to recognize comments? Not to mention you can look at the code and quickly identify them. Makes it really easy to just wipe them out of the backlink profiles.

                And really, what is lost if Google ignores backlinks in comments? Nothing. No worthwhile business is advertising through comment links.
                Signature
                SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
                Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328788].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author incomenow
                  Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

                  I think they also underestimate how easy it is for Google to just ignore spammy stuff like comment links and how little of an impact doing so has at the top of the SERPS.

                  If you can give your bot footprints to use to find places to comment, don't you think Google can do the same thing to recognize comments? Not to mention you can look at the code and quickly identify them. Makes it really easy to just wipe them out of the backlink profiles.

                  And really, what is lost if Google ignores backlinks in comments? Nothing. No worthwhile business is advertising through comment links.
                  Thanks for all the positive claims and clarifications! You have made great points here. Much appreciated! I really got a list of 1000 blogs with high domain authorities that allow "Dofollow" links in blog comments and I am sure this is pretty much relevant to SEO too for anyone who has access to such a huge list. Thanks!
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329047].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author incomenow
                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                Number one reason so much awful advice is given in this forum is very old strategies that people jsut want to still work. They think google has sat still in fighting link spam.
                Thanks a lot for the great hints! You have spoken great points here too. What can you say if someone comments on multiple blogs that allow "Dofollow" links in blog comments? Isn't that relevant to SEO too? Would it be so worthless to continue commenting on such blogs despite the fact that they allow "Dofollow" links? Thanks for your reply in anticipation!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329048].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author incomenow
              Originally Posted by MikeFriedman View Post

              Jon, Neil, nor Brian advocate blog commenting as a valid SEO strategy.

              Since you seem to believe that millions of blogger are ranking their sites through blog commenting, please show me one website ranking for at least a moderately competitive term on the back of blog comment links.

              I have not seen one in a decade or longer.
              Thanks for getting back once again! I was emphasizing on the fact that leaving genuine and authentic comments on blogs is a great way to reach out to your ideal target audience, get more exposure and better rankings through audience engagement as I personally experienced it.

              As I said in one of my recent replies, I have a huge list of niche related blogs with high domain authorities and "Dofollow" links allowed in blog comments. Would commenting on such blogs still be irrelevant to SEO completely? Thanks for responding in anticipation!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Castor Troy1
    Nice information you shared man, beside it infographic and Question answer on quora can be more helful for build backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Kudos for joining the discussion, Castor Troy1! Thanks for finding the information useful and helpful! Submitting your infographs at infographic submission sites alongside leaving quality answers on Quora can both help a lot in getting high quality backlinks. Thanks for your participation!


      Originally Posted by Castor Troy1 View Post

      Nice information you shared man, beside it infographic and Question answer on quora can be more helful for build backlinks.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YourGoToWriter
    Many SEO enthusiasts should have known about these already, but thank you @incomenow for reiterating this. As for blog commenting, it may be a waste of time for some. But I believe every strategy and effort put forth counts.

    Leah
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Thanks for your contribution, YourGoToWriter! Yes, it may be a waste of time for those who don't know the efficacy of leaving genuine, valuable and authentic blog comments. They didn't know that Google looks into these comments and regard low quality comments as poops that should be thrown into the dung-hill.


      Blog commenting works for people who know the benefits of leaving genuine comments on blogs fleshing out relevant points from the post on which a comment is being left.


      Originally Posted by YourGoToWriter View Post

      Many SEO enthusiasts should have known about these already, but thank you @incomenow for reiterating this. As for blog commenting, it may be a waste of time for some. But I believe every strategy and effort put forth counts.

      Leah
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324310].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author YourGoToWriter
        Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

        Thanks for your contribution, YourGoToWriter! Yes, it may be a waste of time for those who don't know the efficacy of leaving genuine, valuable and authentic blog comments. They didn't know that Google looks into these comments and regard low quality comments as poops that should be thrown into the dung-hill.


        Blog commenting works for people who know the benefits of leaving genuine comments on blogs fleshing out relevant points from the post on which a comment is being left.
        I couldn't agree more. Great exchange of ideas and thoughts through blog commenting never dies.

        Leah
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326990].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author incomenow
          Originally Posted by YourGoToWriter View Post

          I couldn't agree more. Great exchange of ideas and thoughts through blog commenting never dies.

          Leah
          You are absolutely right, YourGoToWriter! Blog commenting is a great way of exchanging ideas and thoughts as well as reaching out to your ideal target audience. Search engines count on this for site and audience engagement whereas most influential bloggers still have a totally-wrong perspective about it.

          Some pros even believe it's total and absolute nonsense meanwhile millions of well-trained and highly-successful bloggers in all parts of the world do blog commenting wisely and get better rankings without spending a dime on advertisements.

          How can millions of successful authority bloggers be doing nonsense with blog commenting and still never stop doing it? It's so amazing. Thanks for participating! Kudos!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11327139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shubo
    nowadays relevant and high-quality backlinks are important for SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Thanks for mentioning high quality backlinks, shubo! When it comes to getting first page rankings in search results, links are the most important skill. It was found in SERPs that the number of domains that linked to a page has more correlation with ranking than any other factor. Thanks for your participation!


      Originally Posted by shubo View Post

      nowadays relevant and high-quality backlinks are important for SEO.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324319].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sunpeaks589
    Now a day To get backlink which will help to get in SEO must be from high priority website with Uniques content
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Originally Posted by sunpeaks589 View Post

      Now a day To get backlink which will help to get in SEO must be from high priority website with Uniques content


      Thanks for your brilliant blogging idea, Sunpeaks! Back-linking works through blogger outreach campaigns, guest blogging, genuine blog commenting and lots more. Even the so-called influential bloggers don't care to ever find out how this really works but rather criticize great blogging techniques that skyrocket any blog to the first page within a few weeks without spending a dime to online adverts. Anyway, thanks for participating!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incomenow
    Links and content are the two most important ranking signals in Google's search algorithm and they still remain the most important ranking factors till date. If you want to appear on the first page in Google, Yahoo and Bing, consider working on these top ranking signals and you will be moving your blogging game to the next level soonest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324930].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author divyakochar
    Great Information!! Its my own experience that i also got quality backlinks from blog commenting, forum posting and question & answer submission in quality sites like quora and many more. These tricks are very helpful and give long term results.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11324968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Originally Posted by divyakochar View Post

      Great Information!! Its my own experience that i also got quality backlinks from blog commenting, forum posting and question & answer submission in quality sites like quora and many more. These tricks are very helpful and give long term results.


      Thanks a lot for leaving a thought here, divyakochar! Just like you, I have got a lot of backlinks from genuine and authentic blog commenting, forum posting, answering questions on platforms like Quora and many others and frequently show up on the first page now. Though it never worked for some veteran bloggers out there, it seriously worked for me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11325539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author incomenow
    Before Google came into being, search engines like Yahoo, Alta Vista and others were in charge of site ranking, but shortly after Google came up, it took over the ranking of sites and made a little difference in the ranking signals that the early search engines were using. Yahoo, Alta Vista and others ranked sites based on content, but Google has many ranking factors of which links, content and RankBrain were the top three ranking signals.

    These three ranking signals still remain the most crucial ranking signals till today in Google's search algorithm. I wouldn't know if anyone has contrary ideas to this. Any idea is welcomed in this discussion. Thanks for contributing in love!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11325988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOptimization@1
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326942].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Originally Posted by SEOptimization@1 View Post

      Thanks for sharing this information.

      Thanks for participating, SEOptimization@1! Links still remain an extremely crucial ranking signal in Google's search algorithm. As you build out your site with quality and helpful content while engaging visitors, build high quality links and you will be getting ranked soonest. Kudos!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11327089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poojajoshi
    Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

    Backlinks are links that come from other blogs through blog commenting, blogger outreach campaigns, guest posts, forum posting and infographic submissions. To get a first page ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing, you must generate high quality backlinks.

    How can you build your business on solid & proven blogging fundamentals? How do you get a first page ranking on time? Consider building your business based on Google's three most crucial ranking signals.

    Google officially announced RankBrain as its third most crucial ranking signal though didn't disclose the top two ranking signals. The two most important ranking signals in Google's search algorithm were announced to be Links and Content by Andrey Lipattsev; a Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google though never specified which of the two signals was the most crucial.

    In a recent search of over 1 million articles by Brian Dean; the world SEO expert and fellow data analysts, it was found that links are an extremely crucial ranking signal. The number of domains that linked to a page has more correlation with ranking than other ranking factors.

    How do you build your online business with high quality links?

    Tip 1 - Do Blog Commenting Accurately: Blog commenting is an effective way to build high quality links for Google first page ranking. By making genuine and authentic comments to pro bloggers' blogs, you'll generate backlinks and the law of reciprocity will take effects.

    Tip 2 - Promote & Help Authority Bloggers: Start promoting pro bloggers in your blog posts, within your blog comments, at social media channels and elsewhere. You will build strong relationship and get a lot of mentions.

    Tip 3 - Write Quality Guest Posts For Pro Bloggers: Most bloggers regard guest posting as a waste of time thinking it wouldn't work for them. Guest blogging is a big strategy to getting lots of backlinks which can guarantee first page rankings.

    How do you create remarkable content?

    Be Informative: Writing informative articles can attract hundreds of thousands of readers to your blog within a week.

    Be Topically-Relevant: To get a first page ranking in Google, your content must be topically relevant and must have not less than 1890 words in length. This is how it works with content and audience engagement.

    Write Helpful Content: Google is meticulous about how helpful, creative, practicable and compelling your content is in ranking your site.
    Link Building is a great technique to get more organic traffic on your site.

    Traffic is directly related to the quality of the back links your website has.
    The most authoritative websites that link to you, the better rankings and traffic you'll get.

    I would like to share 8 best ways to generate good quality backlinks.

    1. The broken-link building method

    2. Back links through info graphics

    3. The advantage of guest articles

    4. Spy on your competitors.

    5. Build internal links.

    6. Promote your content.

    7. Write testimonials.

    8. Contact journalists and important bloggers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11326962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Originally Posted by poojajoshi View Post

      Link Building is a great technique to get more organic traffic on your site.

      Traffic is directly related to the quality of the back links your website has.
      The most authoritative websites that link to you, the better rankings and traffic you'll get.

      I would like to share 8 best ways to generate good quality backlinks.

      1. The broken-link building method

      2. Back links through info graphics

      3. The advantage of guest articles

      4. Spy on your competitors.

      5. Build internal links.

      6. Promote your content.

      7. Write testimonials.

      8. Contact journalists and important bloggers.
      What an excellent idea, poojajoshi! Aside from other ranking signals, It was found that the number of domains that linked to a site had more correlation with ranking than any other signal in the hierarchy. Links are the most important skill in SEO.

      When trying to get a first page ranking, you must build high quality links alongside writing remarkable content and engaging visitors. Thanks for your added list! Much appreciated! Kudos!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11327134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author md nayan seo
    Good post thanking for informing us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11328963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    In a recent search of over 1 million articles by Brian Dean; the world SEO expert and fellow data analysts, it was found that links are an extremely crucial ranking signal.


    This is where I stopped reading.

    Only a clown would have to analyze a million pages (which never happened) in 1998 to figure out followed backlinks rank pages.

    #hype
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329191].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author incomenow
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      This is where I stopped reading.

      Only a clown would have to analyze a million pages (which never happened) in 1998 to figure out followed backlinks rank pages.

      #hype
      Thanks for your message! Kudos for having a different opinion! I just would like to ask 1-2 questions seeing you as an SEO expert who knows a lot about SEO and has built backlinks for SEO. Do you agree with the fact that Google has a search algorithm called HummingBird? What do you identify to be the top three ranking signals in Google's search algorithm as at 2018 and which of them is the most crucial ranking signal among others? Thanks for your reply in anticipation! Much appreciated!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329648].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Originally Posted by incomenow View Post

        Do you agree with the fact that Google has a search algorithm called HummingBird?

        What do you identify to be the top three ranking signals in Google's search algorithm as at 2018 and which of them is the most crucial ranking signal among others?

        1) Yes.

        2) The same things that ranked pages for the last decade.
        • Followed backlinks from webpages that have their own followed backlinks from yet even more webpages.
        • Optimized site structure
        • Optimized text version of all webpages involved.

        I want a followed credit backlink from the blog post. Make me proud.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janvi Arora
    Implement the diversified link building strategy that aims for a complete backlink profile, rather than single links that can bring successful results. Don't try hard to earn backlinks from the most popular sites, but it's still crucial to get backlinks from sites that are relevant to your niche.
    I would like to add Forum Participation and Broken Links Building to the list. Links from .edu and .gov sites are also beneficial.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329655].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Janvi Arora View Post

      Links from .edu and .gov sites are also beneficial.
      Links from .edu and .gov sites do not carry any special ranking powers. They are no different than equivalent links from .com and .net sites.

      You will likely never get a good link from an educational or government institution.

      I wish people would stop spreading this false garbage.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing,
      Geo-Fencing, and more. Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11329657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    "Must not have less than 1890 words" - haha, out of which thumb did you suck that number?
    Signature
    Looking for a FREE Traffic Bot?


    Make Money Online selling website traffic
    ON AUTOPILOT!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11330883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi IncomeNow,

    You are doing an excellent job on Warrior.

    Thank you.

    Ryan
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    Retire to a Life of Island Hopping through Smart Blogging at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blakers1
      OMG this thread...

      I just want to say this: If you are going to bother with blog post comments, at least do it the right way.

      1 - Do not use any kind of automation
      2 - Do not post in blogs that aren't related to your niche
      3 - Only post a comment that actually adds value to the article/discussion
      4 - Do not stuff keywords into the anchor text. Just use your real name
      5 - Use good grammar and form coherent sentences

      I almost don't want to comment on this whole argument, but here's my 2 cents.

      Commenting in niche relevant, high authority blogs isn't totally useless if you follow those rules above and follow my strategy at the end of this post.

      But it is one of the last things I would consider doing to improve one of my sites. There are so many more important things to work on first like on-page SEO and earning editorial links.

      Where I see some small value is in the possibility of getting a more diverse link profile and anchor text ratio.

      But we might spend 2-3% of our link-building efforts at my agency on blog post commenting at the most. A perfect example of this would be last month when my wife started reading through the blogs at seo.com

      She found a few spelling errors that made it past their editorial process and pointed it out to the author in a comment. Stuff like this adds value to the community and opens the door a bit for a future guest posting pitch.

      and that's the only really significant value to be found in blog post commenting. It can be used to get your foot in the door at an authority blog. Links in the content matter, everything else has a marginal value at best.
      Signature

      Blake Akers
      Webology

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Iwritewell
    Thank you for sharing this.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11331977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Katrina Chua
    Thanks for this info. Very helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vincent160
    Would like to ask the last one, bolg writting : write informative articles... how to ??
    I used the best spinner to remaked the articles carefully but seems Google didnt' index any of them...it really sucks..

    If you are suggesting me to make original good content, I just wanna know how many articles you can write and how much time it should waste? any good method?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AIEESE PRIMARY
    Great information. Thanks for sharing valuable information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11332467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    Good job stepping out. The tips are a bit generic, and nothing different from the 10,000 other posts on the topic. Maybe dig deeper into it, and share how to hand select the best guest post opportunities. Or how to approach Influencers, so they also perceive you as an authority in the industry. Then get into how that outreach works in specifics. Otherwise, it seems you have never used any of the tactics before yourself. Which I know is not the case, but others might not. Keep on it!
    Signature

    Free Webinar - 5 Steps to Getting Targeted Traffic
    Unlocking Your Website's Profit Potential: Quick and Easy Steps to Generating More Traffic and Sales - Learn More By Clicking Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333027].message }}
  • Thanks for sharing the Information. and Broken link building can also help you a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Castor Troy1
    I think video submission also works great for get more traffic. Bookmarking also works great making backlinks. Whatever you described over here is nice and helpful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11333869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mamtag
    Very useful tips! Infographic submission & guest posting are really best activities for building backlinks. High quality do-follow backlinks will improve your website ranking in SERPs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11347965].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics