46 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello ...
How are you all, hope you all are fine..
Today i want to ask you a one problem in SEO, and that is Image optimizaiton

Friend tell me that:
i know that image alt tag are necessary but on my home page there are more then 50 above images which i set on there..

So friends my question is simple, tell me
"can i put same tag in all images or set different tags in all images?"

I hope you understand my question.
I will wait for your reply..
Thank you
#image #optimization
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author dave_hermansen
    You want different ALT tags on each image. They should accurately describe the image. If you can work an important keyword or two in great, but don't force it if it is not appropriate.
    Signature
    StoreCoach.com- Learn How to Dropship the Right Way - Buy & Sell Websites - Partner with Coach
    My PROVEN ecommerce process, as seen on: Fox News, the NY Times & Flippa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    Doesn't matter.

    Alt tags are weak.

    Use followed backlinks with authority on the images/URLs when you're ready to get serious about ranking.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354311].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      Doesn't matter.

      Alt tags are weak.

      Use followed backlinks with authority on the images/URLs when you're ready to get serious about ranking.
      Yes sir i am really serious about my site ranking. what should i do?
      Do you have any high authority sites for UAE base..?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomopalinski
    Usually, it is not a big deal to have few repetitions throughout the website. However, what are the odds of having 50 images with the same name?

    When you attempt to optimize your site, every step you want to take needs to be natural. Use the same alt tag on several of them, name others with words from the same topic, and squeeze in some generic names, such as business or picture.

    This is probably being overcautious, but it is better to take safe steps now and not worry about overoptimization issues after each algorithm update.

    Yukon is right, this won't create a significant change in your rankings, so don't spend a lot of time on it.

    Good luck and enjoy the process.
    Signature

    Good SEO work only gets better over time. It is only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change. -- Jill Whalen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354566].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by expmrb View Post

      Different tags for different images isn't that obvious.
      Originally Posted by tomopalinski View Post

      Usually, it is not a big deal to have few repetitions throughout the website. However, what are the odds of having 50 images with the same name?

      When you attempt to optimize your site, every step you want to take needs to be natural. Use the same alt tag on several of them, name others with words from the same topic, and squeeze in some generic names, such as business or picture.

      This is probably being overcautious, but it is better to take safe steps now and not worry about overoptimization issues after each algorithm update.

      Yukon is right, this won't create a significant change in your rankings, so don't spend a lot of time on it.

      Good luck and enjoy the process.
      Thank you for your reply, it is really good information
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KylieSweet
    This is how we do in image optimization wherein the inclusion of alt tags in the pictures describes the image is all about and this is also a way on how search engines understand these images.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author expmrb
    Different tags for different images isn't that obvious.
    Signature
    SEO Motionz Forum - A Digital Marketing Forum
    Forum Management & Promotion, SEO Tips, Money Making tips etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author breakingnewsin
    Take these things in mind when adding an image to an article:[LIST][*]1
    Use a relevant image that matches your text.
    Pick the right file name for your image.
    Make sure image dimension match the image size as displayed.
    Use srcset if possible.
    Reduce file size for faster loading.
    Add a caption for easier scanning of the page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11354869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JackMr
    different ALT tags on each image is the answer,the ALT tags are not only for Google to understand them, if you have an error with one of your images for example, and the image is broken the user will see the text that in the ALT tags, so it's can help for good UX, also it's for special people with special needs that use auto reading that read the alt tags.
    so think on your users and earn the benefit of SEO on the way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by JackMr View Post

      different ALT tags on each image is the answer,the ALT tags are not only for Google to understand them, if you have an error with one of your images for example, and the image is broken the user will see the text that in the ALT tags, so it's can help for good UX, also it's for special people with special needs that use auto reading that read the alt tags.
      so think on your users and earn the benefit of SEO on the way.
      thank you for your kind information
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by JackMr View Post

      different ALT tags on each image is the answer,the ALT tags are not only for Google to understand them, if you have an error with one of your images for example, and the image is broken the user will see the text that in the ALT tags, so it's can help for good UX, also it's for special people with special needs that use auto reading that read the alt tags.
      so think on your users and earn the benefit of SEO on the way.
      Your description are really good about image alt tag..
      I will implement onit
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marsha sarv
    Hello,

    I would like to suggest you, it's better to use different and specific alt tags for each image of your website.


    Here I am sharing some details about the Alt image of the image-


    What are alt tags?

    his is a complete HTML image tag:

    <img src="image.jpg" alt="image description" title="image tooltip">

    The alt attributes of an image are basically referred to as alt tag or alt text and title tag even though they're not technically tags. The alt text describes what's on the image and the function of the image on the page. So if you have an image that's used as a button to buy the product XYZ, the alt text would say: "button to buy product XYZ".

    So better to use specific alt tag for each image for defining your images more clearly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11360996].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by Marsha sarv View Post

      Hello,

      I would like to suggest you, it's better to use different and specific alt tags for each image of your website.


      Here I am sharing some details about the Alt image of the image-


      What are alt tags?

      his is a complete HTML image tag:

      <img src="image.jpg" alt="image description" title="image tooltip">

      The alt attributes of an image are basically referred to as alt tag or alt text and title tag even though they're not technically tags. The alt text describes what's on the image and the function of the image on the page. So if you have an image that's used as a button to buy the product XYZ, the alt text would say: "button to buy product XYZ".

      So better to use specific alt tag for each image for defining your images more clearly.
      Alt tags are still good for SEO?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shubham magar
    Alt tags are still good for SEO? I agree With That Because I will Learn About That and It's Really Good..

    If You upload Your Image With ALT Tag then Your Image name Will automatically Upload in your Google Image Section and after Searching your Image Title related Image It Will Produce A Backlink Of your Website / Blog and Other.....

    Image Produce You 2 % traffic , If You Not add ALT tag then Your Image Not give CTR So remember this Please Add your image with ALT tag..

    So better to use specific alt tag for each image for defining your images more clearly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361595].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by shubham magar View Post

      Alt tags are still good for SEO? I agree With That Because I will Learn About That and It's Really Good..

      If You upload Your Image With ALT Tag then Your Image name Will automatically Upload in your Google Image Section and after Searching your Image Title related Image It Will Produce A Backlink Of your Website / Blog and Other.....

      Image Produce You 2 % traffic , If You Not add ALT tag then Your Image Not give CTR So remember this Please Add your image with ALT tag..

      So better to use specific alt tag for each image for defining your images more clearly.
      Thanks for your discuss
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361625].message }}
  • Doesn't matter you can add the same or different ALT tag. The ALT tag is, what helps the image to appear in image results. And your title describes the image. So add, what you want to add but Your ALT tag should be related to your image.Only the relevant image tag helps you to get views Or website visit through search engines
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by sumitchauhan@123 View Post

      Doesn't matter you can add the same or different ALT tag. The ALT tag is, what helps the image to appear in image results. And your title describes the image. So add, what you want to add but Your ALT tag should be related to your image.Only the relevant image tag helps you to get views Or website visit through search engines
      Hmm..You are right..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Coleen Stewart
      Absolutely! I agree with you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362164].message }}
  • I also have the same doubt. Now its Clear. I used the same keyword for all the alt tags. Thats not creating any problems.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11361819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shubham magar
    1. Their was not give you a problem but , google Sending a robot of scan that time google increase your those word rank which is add in your ALT tag , After Scan Google shows your only that keyword rank in SEO .. Better Way you put Your ALT tag with Image Related Keywords, due to this Your all keyword rank is Up in similar way ,

      eg:-

      you write content about "abstract logo design"
      and you putt in ALT tag "web Design" in Hole Website there will be a Blackhead work and this google Consider it..

      and

      if write , content about "abstract logo design"
    2. and you can use "Alt=abstract logo design"
      then Google Consider White head Key word, it consider related key word and it gives there page link and upload in image search engine. due to this any one can use your image then you give link juice and Google rank your White head keyword Rank..

      This reason for ALT tag use...

      Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362178].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by shubham magar View Post

      1. Their was not give you a problem but , google Sending a robot of scan that time google increase your those word rank which is add in your ALT tag , After Scan Google shows your only that keyword rank in SEO .. Better Way you put Your ALT tag with Image Related Keywords, due to this Your all keyword rank is Up in similar way ,

        eg:-

        you write content about "abstract logo design"
        and you putt in ALT tag "web Design" in Hole Website there will be a Blackhead work and this google Consider it..

        and

        if write , content about "abstract logo design"
      2. and you can use "Alt=abstract logo design"
        then Google Consider White head Key word, it consider related key word and it gives there page link and upload in image search engine. due to this any one can use your image then you give link juice and Google rank your White head keyword Rank..

        This reason for ALT tag use...

        Thanks
      Thank you ...you describe Alt tag in a very simple example its easily to understandable to everyone
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362182].message }}
  • I think you need to do add alt tag for all images. It can be better if you use keywords in it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362284].message }}
  • I think alt tags are necessary
    alt tags have the ability to easily cache your image
    you can also do image optimization techniques
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362597].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by blackmagicislam11 View Post

      I think alt tags are necessary
      alt tags have the ability to easily cache your image
      you can also do image optimization techniques
      So where can i get these techniques?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362637].message }}
  • You can use different keywords in these images alt tags. You can use these images in image submission, article posting, infographics. You can share it with social media sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11362649].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by buysoundcloudlikes View Post

      You can use different keywords in these images alt tags. You can use these images in image submission, article posting, infographics. You can share it with social media sites.
      Hmm..thats great idea
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11363397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JhonnyH
    Each image has it own alt tag.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11363939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martin smith
    Useful information..thanks for sharing the post..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11363957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
    Thanks to all my friend for sharing your tips and ideas
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11364458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bestprotrade
    Every image tag must have an alt attribute associated with it as it is a mandatory code element. If you use images in your web pages, it is good practice to include Alt text for every image that a visitor to your site will see. Such practice is likely to augment your search engine rankings; particularly if the Alt text contains a keyword or two that is relevant to the topic of the web page of which it is a part.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11364483].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by bestprotrade View Post

      Every image tag must have an alt attribute associated with it as it is a mandatory code element. If you use images in your web pages, it is good practice to include Alt text for every image that a visitor to your site will see. Such practice is likely to augment your search engine rankings; particularly if the Alt text contains a keyword or two that is relevant to the topic of the web page of which it is a part.
      Should i also use Alt tag on my routation image which i change in a daily bases??
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Henry01
    You have need to be update unique alt tags in the website and it should be according to your images.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365139].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Originally Posted by Steven Henry01 View Post

      You have need to be update unique alt tags in the website and it should be according to your images.
      One question for you sir..
      How can we show our images on google image Tab?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affmarketer101
    Although alt text has little value to Seo, but I would love to recommend you to add alt text to images. That makes more sense to google to index them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lakshmanenew
    I agree with Dave_ hermansen
    different alt tags for each image because alt text is nothing but image name
    you told your site have above more than 50 images so give different names for each image so that crawler also easily identify the images clearly
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11365745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ahsan21
      Thanks for all replies.
      Any have best tutorial about google webmaster or google search console.
      Send me a like in your reply..i am feel trouble in my search console there are lots of error which i am facing now a days so i really need your help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sftslab
    Image optimization is considered as an important element in on page seo optimization. Image optimization is used to optimize an image for a better user experience and also for search engines.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11394517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daijon Moss
    As you said, you have 50 different images on your web page. All images have different storytelling or what all images are about. If all are different then you should do a proper alt tag optimization.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11394706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wasim979876
    I use EWWW image optimizer for image optimization
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11394803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author electricguitar
    Banned
    The best way is adding different alt tags on every image, and you can add your keywords in the image so, that it will help you to rank your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11394836].message }}
  • You should use image Alt tag for each image. Through that, you can easily describe all images well. If you have keywords, you can use it in the tags.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11395051].message }}
  • No. You should use different tags for all your image in the website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396269].message }}
  • Not a penalty but it is not highly recommended. The image tag you are using should be relevant to that image. If possible update with the relevant keyword in the tag.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11396310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jessicad0505
    Should provide alt tags for every images. It should describe the image accurately.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11397478].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics