There has been a drop in Google search traffic each day since the move. On day 10-11 the traffic appears to have leveled off at 70% below where I was before. I'm concerned about whether this is long term.
I have done the following relevant to SEO so far:
- Purchased the new domain 3 weeks prior to the move. It was never used in the past.
- Changed my old htaccess to a wildcard 301 redirect for all pages. They are redirecting fine.
- Cleaned my new site of all references to the old domain and old name
- Updated all my other website links to point to the new site
- Registered new social media profiles for the new site, worked on building them
- Created a new Google Analytics property. Is recording traffic fine.
- Created Search Console site, submitted change of address from old subdomain to new site, submitted sitemap and target country. Search Console shows no significant issues.
- Requested backlink updates from authoritative sites
Anything I'm missing?
Any idea how long I may be in the dumps? Could this be a permanent demotion from moving away from the trusted domain?