Why Google is not showing my Webpage Title Completely?

16 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi there,
I m currently working on one of my client's website which is made on Wordpress CMS. Today, my client told me about why their website's title is not shown completely on Google search. I checked and got stunned how it's happening. I already setup complete Title, Meta Description on each and every webpage of the site. I m using All in One SEO plugin. Could anyone tell me what's going on my site and why its happening? Please help me let me suggest me what should I do for it?
Regards.
#completely #google #showing #title #webpage
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author imran333
    Dear Friend,
    Is your SEO Tittle more then 74 Characters including space, if it is more then 74 characters then google wont display the 75th and above characters,
    Google limits the SEO Title within 74 characters.
    Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11461798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XenG
    Your title is too long, that's why. There are free tools online you can use. You can check out Page Title Pixel Meter - SEO Tool - Webshoptimizer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11461982].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author benthomas642
      I don't need such kind of tool. I want to know why it happens and how can we sort out the issue. Do you know how could we can bring our Full title on my website homepage?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author benthomas642
    I think there is anything which is disabled in All in one SEO Plugin settings. Please, could anyone tell where is the cause of that title problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisjohn93
    You have only 74 character which is shown in Google SERP. You have to use it in your title.

    As in your case may be your website name or brand name is shown at the end of your title which takes some character in title.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by imran333 View Post

    Dear Friend,
    Is your SEO Tittle more then 74 Characters including space, if it is more then 74 characters then google wont display the 75th and above characters,
    Google limits the SEO Title within 74 characters.
    Thank you
    Originally Posted by msulcs View Post

    This guy said it the best. You got 74 characters to play with. Use them wisely.
    Originally Posted by chrisjohn93 View Post

    You have only 74 character which is shown in Google SERP. You have to use it in your title.

    As in your case may be your website name or brand name is shown at the end of your title which takes some character in title.
    You do not have 74 characters. You have a certain number of pixels. Some characters, like the letter 'w' will use a lot more pixels than the letter 't' because it is much wider.


    Originally Posted by benthomas642 View Post

    Hi there,
    I m currently working on one of my client's website which is made on Wordpress CMS. Today, my client told me about why their website's title is not shown completely on Google search. I checked and got stunned how it's happening. I already setup complete Title, Meta Description on each and every webpage of the site. I m using All in One SEO plugin. Could anyone tell me what's going on my site and why its happening? Please help me let me suggest me what should I do for it?
    Regards.
    If your title tag is too long, it will get truncated. You can change it, but you have to wait for Google to reindex the page. The changes are not instant.

    Also, Google still can use whatever title they want. They don't have to use yours.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buzzinteractive
    Make sure your Title is not longer than 60-65 characters. Google does not allow more than 65 characters limit which was before 74 characters limit. make sure you have your primary keyword in title and description as it boosts your chances of getting traffic to your post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arvindmjvind
    Everyone is saying the same thing that, use your title under 65 characters, I think that you already know these little things about SEO, because i saw your profile and found that your working as a digital marketer in London.

    I want to tell you one little thing, If you can then try to update your title prefix or suffix.
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Nagiana
    google may not disply long titles so make sure your article should be less then 74 characters and yes if the title is appealing the meta description is appealing you may get more clicks ..thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by Arun Nagiana View Post

      google may not disply long titles so make sure your article should be less then 74 characters and yes if the title is appealing the meta description is appealing you may get more clicks ..thank you
      Please stop with the 74 character nonsense.
      Signature
      SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
      Get a FREE Quote.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463161].message }}
  • It might be setting issue in your wordpress seo plugin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author finnbalorr12
    There are few rules while adding the keywords in the Title tag and meta descriptions , If you will go beyond this Google will not show you , there may be another reason but before checking that reason kindly share your website with us .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author katymick
    The optimal length of an SEO title is around 50-60 char long. If your title is under 60 char, your title will be displayed completely - 90% possibly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ncodetech
    Banned
    There may be long title so that title limits cross and google not showing title.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lambertson
    As far as I remember, you have around 600 pixels to be shown. The number of characters might be different as they don't have the same width. Make sure you have all the essential information like your main keyword or brand (if it's well-known) in the beginning and avoid useless symbols.

    UPD: Google is constantly experimenting with the length of title and description, as for the last one you may see 350-character long ones fully shown and others truncated at 150.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11464819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fastestseo
    Sometimes Google takes some time a week or more for a search engine to update search results. This is because your website is new and doesn't have any inbound links. If you have Google webmaster then crawl the URLs and if don't have then first create an account on Google webmaster tools. When you register and point Google to your sitemap.xml URL you can request them to re-crawl your URLs.
    Signature
    eFeeders Tech - Providing Advisory in Following:
    Local SEO | Digital Marketing | Website Development
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11466156].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics