Is Linkbait good for my site?

19 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hello,

I have a website for which I started a backlink campaign for a couple of months now.

So I'd like to move on to a better & more effective strategy, which is Linkbait.

There is a site that offers this service, reliable, was recommended by a high authoritative figure.

This website strategy is to add content in my site that can be an easy linkbait to other sites.

So, my only concern is: I don't want to add "unrelated content" to my site with that type of thing ONLY for links, though. I want to keep a consistent site, a consistent tone with my niche.
So knowing this, is following this type of strategy can be harmful to my site SEO?


I'd appreciate any advice on the matter from experienced users.
Thank you
#good #linkbait #site
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Old Molases
    Do keep in mind that Google now also taken into account the user experience in the ranking factor. It not just SEO now that account for your rankings, there are other factors as well and user experience is one of them. You will be able to gain traffic to your site, but no rankings, as people would leave immediately knowing that the they thing they are looking for is not available. They quicker the user leaves the bad it is for the ranking of your site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
      Interesting point you're making.

      Is that user experience applies only to that specific article, or does the user experience of a couple of articles affect the ranking of the site overall?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jazib Baloch
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681598].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
        Originally Posted by Jazib Baloch View Post

        Do keep in mind that Google now also taken into account the user experience in the ranking factor

        WTF does that have to do with with question?
        Signature
        New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
        Open for A Limited Time!

        Request to Join
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681747].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
          Exactly! Sometimes there are random users who post random answers. I guess to increase their message count -_-
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681993].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    There is a thing in SEO called the skyscraper technique (https://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique).


    If you do that, you're good to go.


    If you do linkbait as in:
    Your site is about plumbing and they write an article about Kim Kardashian's booty, don't bother.



    Originally Posted by kurosaki4d View Post

    Hello,

    I have a website for which I started a backlink campaign for a couple of months now.

    So I'd like to move on to a better & more effective strategy, which is Linkbait.

    There is a site that offers this service, reliable, was recommended by a high authoritative figure.

    This website strategy is to add content in my site that can be an easy linkbait to other sites.

    So, my only concern is: I don't want to add "unrelated content" to my site with that type of thing ONLY for links, though. I want to keep a consistent site, a consistent tone with my niche.
    So knowing this, is following this type of strategy can be harmful to my site SEO?


    I'd appreciate any advice on the matter from experienced users.
    Thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11680977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
      I've heard good things about that technique, although it is not easy to get backlinks, but it's more sustainable and relevant. I guess I'll have to go the hard way, which is the best way.

      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
      Originally Posted by DABK View Post

      There is a thing in SEO called the skyscraper technique (https://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique).


      If you do that, you're good to go.


      If you do linkbait as in:
      Your site is about plumbing and they write an article about Kim Kardashian's booty, don't bother.
      Actually, stuff like that can work if you know what you are doing and how to utilize the link equity.
      Signature
      New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
      Open for A Limited Time!

      Request to Join
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681551].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
        Thank you for your answer MikeFriedman.

        Can you please emphasize on what you mean by "utilizing link equity"?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681994].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
          Originally Posted by kurosaki4d View Post

          Thank you for your answer MikeFriedman.

          Can you please emphasize on what you mean by "utilizing link equity"?
          Link equity passes through links. You can funnel link equity from pages that are not relevant to pages that are relevant. It's why using old domains to build private networks works so well.
          Signature
          New Private Mastermind Group Discussing SEO, Local SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and more -
          Open for A Limited Time!

          Request to Join
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11683093].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
            Hmm, I'm not fund of PBNs but I have some domains with one strong backlink each, and I redirected them to specific articles. Does that work? Does it have any effect?

            Also when you sending link equity/juice from pages not relevant, do you internal linking? Or backlinks from PBNs?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11683346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cbdboxmakers
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681067].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
      Can you please emphasize on that? Have you tested this method?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digitalstar
    At the end of the day user experience matters. Keep it up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
      You mean to say that the content must be relevant to what the user is searching for?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eng Bulbul Bahar
    Linkbait is generally regarded as good for most sites vying for free, organic traffic. For link bait to be effective you have to understand your site's audience. This can take time and research but it will ultimately pay off if done well. If you are already successful with the content on your website, then link bait might not be necessary for now - which is what I think about my website!

    I'm answering this question with a "linkbait" answer because it landed in my inbox today
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681470].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kurosaki4d
      Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it!

      I'd like to know more on what you meant by "understand the site's audience"?

      Do you mean that the link bain content on my site must be what the people are looking for? and ultimately be related to my niche?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMisland
    Yes this is good!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sanjeev Surprise
    be real and post real things and content which is related to your services and website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11681597].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics