How to Get Indexed with Free Wordpress Sites?

10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi all,

As part of my overall marketing strategy, I need to use a handful of the FREE Wordpress.com sites. However, I have NO idea how to get these indexed and ranking in Google. (Note: I know how to do this with self-hosted Wordpress sites, just not with the FREE ones.)

Do I need to build a sitemap?
Necessary SEO plugins?
Places I should register the free blog?
Etc?

Can anyone who has successfully used these give me some down and dirty tips or point me to useful links that will get me rolling on this?

A million thanks!
Kelly
#free #indexed #sites #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author swood01
    Kelly,
    This guy has a series of training on youtube. I haven't watched it all but what I have seen looks like good free content. Go to youtube and type in seo ranking wordpress blog.
    Signature

    Achieve success with Steve http://www.achievewithsteve.com and discover True Wealth http://www.truewealthmlmformula.com that an incredible FREE funded proposal "system" will generate for you.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teamind
      Originally Posted by swood01 View Post

      Kelly,
      This guy has a series of training on youtube. I haven't watched it all but what I have seen looks like good free content. Go to youtube and type in seo ranking wordpress blog.
      Hey Steve,
      Do you have a link for this fellow? Didn't see it in your post.

      Thanks!
      Kelly
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zincOnline
    Just build links to the sites, you will be indexed in no time.

    try digg + propeller first
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648835].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teamind
      Originally Posted by zincOnline View Post

      Just build links to the sites, you will be indexed in no time.

      try digg + propeller first

      Are you saying I can do this without a sitemap, without registering the free site anywhere, etc? Just blog and build links?

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648865].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ldimilo
        Originally Posted by teamind View Post

        Are you saying I can do this without a sitemap, without registering the free site anywhere, etc? Just blog and build links?

        Yeah, you build links and as the google bots discover the links they will follow them to your site. That is how the internet works. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about getting indexed. Just get links and move on...you will get indexed.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648881].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author teamind
          Originally Posted by Ldimilo View Post

          Yeah, you build links and as the google bots discover the links they will follow them to your site. That is how the internet works. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about getting indexed. Just get links and move on...you will get indexed.
          Hey Leo,

          Cool...that works for me. BTW, great list you have in your sig!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JonMills
    be aware that wordpress.com are looking for spammers so if the intent is to just create spammy sites to link back to your site. You may end up making them and then having them closed. There are better ways of gaining traffic
    Signature
    http://www.thecopywriterwhisperer.com/ Persuasion at it's best!
    http://www.affiliateorganizer.com/ Organize your entire online business - Super affiliates give it the thumbs up!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648837].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teamind
      Originally Posted by JonMills View Post

      be aware that wordpress.com are looking for spammers so if the intent is to just create spammy sites to link back to your site. You may end up making them and then having them closed. There are better ways of gaining traffic

      Good alert, Jon. I'll be sure to add decent value in the content.

      In this case, I'm using a trademarked term and cannot have that term in a purchased domain name. And, article marketing is not proving to be a good fit for my objective. So, agreed....whatever I create on these free sites needs to be expendable. They COULD go away at any given moment and I'm okay with that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1648884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spiritjoy
    Originally Posted by teamind View Post

    Hi all,

    As part of my overall marketing strategy, I need to use a handful of the FREE Wordpress.com sites. However, I have NO idea how to get these indexed and ranking in Google. (Note: I know how to do this with self-hosted Wordpress sites, just not with the FREE ones.)

    Do I need to build a sitemap?
    Necessary SEO plugins?
    Places I should register the free blog?
    Etc?

    Can anyone who has successfully used these give me some down and dirty tips or point me to useful links that will get me rolling on this?
    A million thanks!
    Kelly
    1. Wordpress.com (The free one) does not allow any plugins
    2.You cannot build any site maps on them
    3. As for indexing it will take about 1 or 2 weeks if you submit the url to google(add url). Please note that wordpress.com is working with a completely different mindset than wordpress.org

    Wordpress.com does not allow selling on their sites. They also do not any affliate stuff. And they have been known to delete your blog if they find you are selling on it.
    If you have original things to sell(that you have created) they will allow you to point to that item but the item must be sold on a different site(not your blog) Most IM use the .org site( though if you make original items you may get away with it at wordpress.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1649276].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spiritjoy
    Also..getting a google site map on wordpress.com was very difficult they allow it now but many still cannot add one(it is a common complaint in their forum). Wordpress.com is very strict..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1649289].message }}

Trending Topics