Newbie needs advice again

15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
howdy my friend,

I had done many SEO rules, such as:
1. Update my content every day
2. Submit articles to EZA or the other directories
3. Submit to social bookmark

Now, what next action should I do?

Thanks

FYI that I had launched my site a week ago.
#advice #newbie
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Rankin
    Do you have a list of keywords you are targeting yet?

    Do your keyword research and pick 10 keywords you'd like to rank for in a reasonable amount of time. Then put up one page for each keyword and have that keyword in your title tag and content.

    Begin consistently building links to each keyword using:

    - Articles
    - Directories
    - Social Bookmarks
    - Web 2.0 Sites
    - Blogs

    Don't go to fast, you're website is only 1 week old, and if you're playing in a competitive niche don't expect rankings to quickly either.

    So my point is get your keywords, optimize your pages, build your links, and after a couple of weeks measure where your keywords are in the rankings and adjust your strategy accordingly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1691837].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Whooop..Great advice Scott!!! Thanks so much.. I use SEO pack wordpress plug-in. Is it enough?.. How about back link? Is it important too?
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1691991].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Scott Rankin
        Originally Posted by alghaz01 View Post

        Whooop..Great advice Scott!!! Thanks so much.. I use SEO pack wordpress plug-in. Is it enough?.. How about back link? Is it important too?
        Those plug-ins on wordpress are great for on-page. In fact, wordpress in itself does a great job of on-page structure. You still need to blend in your keywords with the content and update your website, the plug-in won't do any of that for you.

        Are backlinks important? Yes, they are the most important factor as far as I'm concerned to get a web page ranked. You should go through some more threads and learn all you can about building links. You won't rank for anything worth while without mastering link building.

        It seems that you're new to SEO. If you want to get a good overview of how it works read a bunch of threads or go read SEO Fast Start by Dan Thies which is completely free. Good luck.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1692317].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
          Originally Posted by Scott Rankin View Post

          Those plug-ins on wordpress are great for on-page. In fact, wordpress in itself does a great job of on-page structure. You still need to blend in your keywords with the content and update your website, the plug-in won't do any of that for you.

          Are backlinks important? Yes, they are the most important factor as far as I'm concerned to get a web page ranked. You should go through some more threads and learn all you can about building links. You won't rank for anything worth while without mastering link building.

          It seems that you're new to SEO. If you want to get a good overview of how it works read a bunch of threads or go read SEO Fast Start by Dan Thies which is completely free. Good luck.
          OK Scott thanks for the advice.. I am always waiting for your next advice
          Signature
          -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Goran Zinic
    You NEED to create squidoo and hub pages. I got my squidoo page indexed in few days and it achieved pr4 in a very short time. without any advertising.
    Signature
    I will promote your business to my 100,000 members for free. Find out more
    Find out more
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1692451].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Originally Posted by gzinic View Post

      You NEED to create squidoo and hub pages. I got my squidoo page indexed in few days and it achieved pr4 in a very short time. without any advertising.
      Hi Gzinic, I have both of those pages. Am I right if I make a backlink at them?
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheProdigy
    As said above the next step would be to begin building backlinks.

    We have a lot of great offers on the forums if you want to outsource, although it may be best to learn the basics yourself first so you know how to pick and choose good offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1692466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Originally Posted by TheProdigy View Post

      As said above the next step would be to begin building backlinks.

      We have a lot of great offers on the forums if you want to outsource, although it may be best to learn the basics yourself first so you know how to pick and choose good offers.
      OK TheProdigy.. I will learn it step by step
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedEvo
    One thing nobody has mentioned is checking how hard it's going to be to rank for your chosen keywords. You should consider going after less competitive keywords in the short term with an eye on the main prize.

    d
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1692502].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Originally Posted by RedEvo View Post

      One thing nobody has mentioned is checking how hard it's going to be to rank for your chosen keywords. You should consider going after less competitive keywords in the short term with an eye on the main prize.

      d
      Yep, you're right redEvo
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derek4798
    how long have you been doing this for?

    Sounds like you just need to keep doing what your doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693274].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Originally Posted by derek4798 View Post

      how long have you been doing this for?

      Sounds like you just need to keep doing what your doing.
      About a week ago and I am still doing it for everyday..thanks derek


      yeaahhh
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1696019].message }}
  • Originally Posted by alghaz01 View Post

    howdy my friend,

    I had done many SEO rules, such as:
    1. Update my content every day
    2. Submit articles to EZA or the other directories
    3. Submit to social bookmark

    Now, what next action should I do?
    Participate also on the following:

    4. commenting on dofollow blogs
    5. classified ads
    6. online group posting
    7. engaging on dofollow forums
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1693504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alghaz01
      Thanks Jose..
      Signature
      -I am feeling lonely and broken heart-
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1695408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author simpleonline1234
    Just keep doing what your doing and you rise in the SERPS in no time. Google takes a twee bit longer to response so don't freak out if your site doesn't get placed right away. I had a site listed #33 in yahoo and no where to be found in Google then one day my site was listed #150 in Google and by the end of the wee it was listed #25.

    It's really just a waiting game when it comes to this stuff. Just keep plugging away at building backlinks using the methods you just described and give it a few months and you will see some solid results.

    Whenever I update something to my site it takes around one week for Google to get up off it's lazy ace and index it so don't sweat it.

    I basically create a site, setup the Google index bait, and promote it for a few weeks using solid backlinks and then set it in the marination tank for a few weeks before checking up on it,,in the meantime I'm on to the next site.
    Signature
    Check out deals
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1695547].message }}

Trending Topics