13 replies
  • SEO
  • |
...has so many daily searches and keywords it scares me.

I was refraining from this for the longest, but i finally took the plunge and made a weight loss blog (+ forum). Wish me luck Excited to see what kind of traffic i will be getting on this one...
#loss #niche #weight
  • Profile picture of the author yachi
    Good Luck Mate...!! Hope you succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1726697].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    Very tough niche, but as long as you add some good old creativity into your campaign there is still crazy potential. Its not even the pure number of people in this niche, but the willingness of the people to pay for products, services anything.

    Best of luck buddy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1727207].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenJ
      My Weight loss niche site is over a year old and gets around 200 visitors a day. But very few are hungry to buy. They do click on affiliate links but rarely jump in and order.

      I now just look for some adsense income from it which I do get.

      How were thinking of monetising your blog?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1727219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    clickbank as usual Will see how it will do.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1727727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurenceh
    It is such a massive niche, there really should be enough of the pie for everyone. In theory of course!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1727838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WareTime
      Originally Posted by laurenceh View Post

      It is such a massive niche, there really should be enough of the pie for everyone. In theory of course!
      No pun intended?

      Enough pie for the weightloss niche.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1728933].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tjcocker
        Originally Posted by WareTime View Post

        No pun intended?

        Enough pie for the weightloss niche.
        Wait, that gives me an idea...

        Check out my brand new WSO on Weight Loss Pies! You will lose 100 pounds, and learn how to Dominate Google at the same time!
        Signature
        Initrode Consulting -Boulder SEO, Copywriting, Editing, Website design, etc...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1728943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bannor32
    I threw up a blog last year, reviewed a few Clickbank products on it and made about $300 in a month or so. If you use EZA to promote your site you can do pretty well. EZA ranks pretty well for longtail weight loss articles, and you can get a pretty steady stream of traffic coming. In hindsight I really should have continued to promote that blog, but there always seems to be something else to steal my time and attention...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1732904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Reynolds
    Good Luck with your blog! Weight loss is really huge but like internet marketing, information (and product) overload is prevalent. As a hypnotist, two of my biggest CD products are weight loss programs but marketing them has always been a real challenge. People are always going to start losing weight "tomorrow"!
    Signature
    ATTENTION GOLFERS: Learn the secrets that Professionals golfers know and slash strokes from your game. FREE Guide Shows How!
    Kevin Reynolds, CSH, mNLP Sports Hypnotist
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1733050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XFactor
    Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

    ...has so many daily searches and keywords it scares me.

    I was refraining from this for the longest, but i finally took the plunge and made a weight loss blog (+ forum). Wish me luck Excited to see what kind of traffic i will be getting on this one...
    On my authority site on health, I probably have about 150 articles dedicated
    to weight loss, fat burning & muscle building (a subject that I'm personally very
    knowledgeable at, having been a personal trainer).

    These pages do very well with Adsense, better than the rest of the subjects
    on that site. A few affiliate sales as well in the mix.

    Health will always be a money maker, in my opinion.

    - John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1733324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blue_sky
      Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

      On my authority site on health, I probably have about 150 articles dedicated
      to weight loss, fat burning & muscle building (a subject that I'm personally very
      knowledgeable at, having been a personal trainer).
      your post made me thinking - I know a bit myself about this area and think that weight loss, fat burning, muscle building (even though they are closely related) are 3 totally different worlds!

      I would say 85% of people interested in weight loss would never enter a gym and consider those in a gym "freaks".

      They happily buy one product after another and always fail - then start over again looking for the next product (aka silver bullet)

      the fat burning clientele already knows a bit about shedding pounds (most likely already succeeded in loosing some weight )and are looking for more inside information to get rid of some stubborn fat etc)

      regards Karsten
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1734484].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Altug
        Originally Posted by blue_sky View Post

        your post made me thinking - I know a bit myself about this area and think that weight loss, fat burning, muscle building (even though they are closely related) are 3 totally different worlds!

        I would say 85% of people interested in weight loss would never enter a gym and consider those in a gym "freaks".

        They happily buy one product after another and always fail - then start over again looking for the next product (aka silver bullet)

        the fat burning clientele already knows a bit about shedding pounds (most likely already succeeded in loosing some weight )and are looking for more inside information to get rid of some stubborn fat etc)

        regards Karsten
        Same with everything though, right? Most people know what it is they have to do to get to where they want to be..it's taking action that they find difficult

        As for the weight loss niche...I think the person who said that there is enough for everyone was correct. Like you said, OP, there are so many keywords its scary.

        My first ever site I created (and still run) is about weight loss AND muscle building. I love both subjects being a personal trainer but obviously in hindsight, I should have narrowed the niche.

        However, the good news is it took me about 6-8 months to get up to around 300 unique visitors a day and now I'm up to a consistent 600-800 uniques a day. That is with around 150 pages of good content.

        Definitely room for more traffic. Most keywords I choose to target now usually start off on at least pages 1-3 of Google.

        Good luck, it's certainly doable
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1737341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zackick
    that is really funny niche as i also in the weight lose niche but i cant get the good ranking or any hungry buyer yet. as this make my start is this is a niche that i need to dump away or continue. can anyone get me the idea? how to help me find the hungry buyer or any article i need to add more. you are free to look at my blog help to give idea where i need to improve.

    I really apreciate it for your visitor. please do some review for me to improve it!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1739236].message }}

Trending Topics