Anyone know a good website error checker

15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I am looking to see what errors I have on my website so that I can get them cleaned up. I have started doing some minor SEO and have learned that my errors can be a hindrance.

Also, any advise for on site optimization would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!
#checker #error #good #website
  • Profile picture of the author Shaun Lee
    I think this is what you want.

    Code:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    -Shaun
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1896341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gorship
    Hi guys, I had already used validator.w3 it is good, but only if there is no nothing better. I had tried Errors Detector, and the service with a dog - I don't remember its name. but as for me, if talking about quality and the price- Shopping Cart Diagnostics is the most sutable at the time. the price is really low
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7176645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warock
    Banned
    The W3C Markup Validation Service that the best and only website that everyone is using now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7176650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gorship
    The W3C Markup Validation Service checks the markup validity only, it is clearly different. Shopping Cart Diagnostics, and the simular servises- all aspects of store work!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7214993].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dburk
      Originally Posted by gorship View Post

      Hi guys, I had already used validator.w3 it is good, but only if there is no nothing better. I had tried Errors Detector, and the service with a dog - I don't remember its name. but as for me, if talking about quality and the price- Shopping Cart Diagnostics is the most sutable at the time. the price is really low
      Originally Posted by gorship View Post

      The W3C Markup Validation Service checks the markup validity only, it is clearly different. Shopping Cart Diagnostics, and the simular servises- all aspects of store work!
      Hi gorship,

      Woah!, you have to have a lot of trust to give a relatively unknown entity complete access to your ecommerce store. I'd be very cautious about recommending people to trust a newcomer, with no established track record, based in a country that is infamous for scams, because you have little or no recourse if they scam you out of your business.

      Besides, you can do pretty much everything they do, and more, with free tools like Google Analytics, W3C Markup Validator, PageSpeed, and Site24x7 for monitoring, all without giving unlimited access to your store.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7215518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bhushan@rancor
    I think google webmaster tools are effective here to check the website error. Validator is also have good service but I have used webmaster and found that excellent here.
    Signature
    Interactive Bees Pvt Ltd best known for Quality Web Development Solutions and Online Marketing Services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218963].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author James.N
      Originally Posted by bhushan@rancor View Post

      I think google webmaster tools are effective here to check the website error. Validator is also have good service but I have used webmaster and found that excellent here.
      I was also going to recommend Google Webmaster Tools. Chances are you're trying to "impress" google anyways and trying to rank in their search engines so I would start at the source and see what errors they are presenting to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7220601].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dburk
        Originally Posted by bhushan@rancor View Post

        I think google webmaster tools are effective here to check the website error. Validator is also have good service but I have used webmaster and found that excellent here.
        Originally Posted by dagnyjbarber View Post

        Don't you guys think google webmaster is best tool for this?
        Originally Posted by quadxnet View Post

        I was also going to recommend Google Webmaster Tools. Chances are you're trying to "impress" google anyways and trying to rank in their search engines so I would start at the source and see what errors they are presenting to you.
        Hi bhushan, dagnyjbarber, and quadxnet,

        I believe the OP was asking about HTML validation errors, Webmaster Tools does not report those errors, however it does let you know if it had trouble crawling the website.

        You can have many errors that do not prevent the crawling of pages, but may have an effect on what is understood about your page by the search engines. The W3C validator tool will inform you of invalid code errors, but you still need knowledge beyond code validation, for example that tool doesn't inform you if your code is semantically incorrect. There are many potential problems and you need different tools for each area, none the least is your own knowledge and experience.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7220869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasonbrien
    As I read that you have just started the services I want to suggest you to follow the W3 validator for finding the errors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7219252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagnyjbarber
    Don't you guys think google webmaster is best tool for this?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7219370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LocoDice
    What kind of 'errors' are you talking about NARodney?

    Errors can take many forms, some which will never be able to be identified by any automatic checker. Possible errors could be:
    a) Spelling Mistakes
    b) Broken Links
    c) Browser Rendering Problems (potentially issues on Mobile Browsers too) - for instance certain buttons, text, images, etc not appearing correctly in certain browsers

    etc, etc

    You talk about wanting to do SEO, this potentially indicates to me you are looking for problems with onsite SEO - this might not really be an 'error' rather an 'optimisation' issue.

    If you get a bit more specific I think you can get some tighter answers.
    Signature
    codefixit.com - Help with your HTML, Wordpress and Web Hosting problems - No fix, no fee.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7219440].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7219937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rileyallard
    Use validator.w3.org to check website error.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7220551].message }}
  • Originally Posted by NARodney View Post

    I am looking to see what errors I have on my website so that I can get them cleaned up. I have started doing some minor SEO and have learned that my errors can be a hindrance.

    Also, any advise for on site optimization would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!!!
    Hi NARodney,

    In looking for websites errors, you might want to consider using this tool:

    Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool & Crawler Software | Screaming Frog

    Some of the errors it helps you find include:

    - Errors - Client & server errors (No responses, 4XX, 5XX)
    - URI Issues - Non ASCII characters, underscores, uppercase characters, dynamic uris, long over 115 characters
    - Duplicate Pages - Hash value / MD5checksums lookup for pages with duplicate content
    - and others...
    Signature
    @xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> IM COUPONS <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}]xxxx@
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ValidatorPro
      Good website error checker, yes. HTML Validator Pro. Written by me, it uses the same engine as the W3C. The only difference is that mine works on multiple pages. Enter your starting URL and the app will suck up and validate all pages in your site.

      Obviously this applies to website errors that break publishing standard rules. For other errors that may impact crawlability, dive into WMT like everyone has suggested.

      All the Best, Scott
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7628472].message }}

Trending Topics