It's very easy to create pages that has more than 5 pages, and you can make it less MFA look.
I don't really like to do this:
1) Research and find top 5 keywords
2) Write 5 articles on each of the keywords
3) Upload all the articles, there's the 5-pages site
The problem with the above is that it's not really useful, and people (perhaps even Google!) knows that you are creating it just for Adsense.
My purpose is to provide really useful information to the readers, in addition to the researched keywords articles that I may add in.
This provides diversity in my sites and increases the usefulness/stickiness, which I think is important to the SEO longevity of the sites.
I know it is important (2 of my sites are ranking very HIGH up in Google for SINGLE keywords!) because people are linking to me AUTOMATICALLY due to the usefulness of my content. I always get new links from various sites because these writers want to link to useful sites. And yes, all my Adsenses blocks are on the upper fold and people are clicking on them... $$$
Here are some of the pages that I usually would write, and how I would write them by myself. Note that not all the pages are written for all my sites, I write them when I find it useful for that niche.
I'll also put in an example keywords, "dog training" in the following to illustrate my point:
1) Page 1: Index page - Write normal article on your main keyword. I'll write a simple overview of "dog training".
2) Page 2: History of [niche] - Simple story writing tracing back to it's creation. That means I'll write on development of dog training since 1980s.
3) Page 3: Advantages of [niche] - 3 advantages of 100+ words each will give you at least 350+ words for the page. For this, obviously, I'll write about the advantages of dog training.
4) Page 4: Disadvantages/Pitfalls of [niche] - Similar to the above. If you cannot find disadvantages (what?!?!), write the possible pitfalls. In dog training, it can be hard to find disadvantages, so I would write pitfalls of dog training.
5) Page 5: How to do [niche] - Depending on the niche, you would write on "how-to" of your niche. You get a lot of "how-to" materials from WikiHow, HowStuffWorks, etc. There are plenty of "dog training" how-tos for me to write on.
6) Page 6: Why [niche] - Give 3 reasons of 100+ words each and you'll have at least 350+ words also. For dog training, I'll give 3 reasons why I need to train my dog
7) Page 7: Reviews of [niche] - Almost anything can be reviewed, but it would be useful for niches that are product-based. There are many products available for dog training so I'll just review 3 products or books that can help me in training my dogs.
8) Page 8: FAQs of [niche] - Give about 5-6 questions and answer them in this page. For dog training, it's very easy to find FAQs for me to write on.
There you have, 8 pages full of useful content. Add in the following:
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Your other keywords articles
and you could even reach over 20 pages.
This is how I would build my sites.
Just remember this motto:
I believe Google would agree with me.
Let's open for a little discussion, what other pages would you add in, other than the above 8 topics?