by paul66
12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I launched my site about 4 days ago, and built about 7 links over that time ezineatricles, do follow blog post etc. non have appeared yet. My website has 13 pages so far. 8 have been indexed in google. But I cannot see my site ranked on google for my keyword. Does it take time or could it be possible that google has indexed my pages, but has also sandboxed my site? I used IBP to do the seo on my site, and my keyword density is not over 3% on any word or keyword
#ranking #website
  • Profile picture of the author abnation
    Hey mate, don't worry your site is def not sandboxed or anything like that. It takes a bit longer at times... Feel free to use this free tool "coded" by me to speed up the process a little: Fast Indexing & Backlink Tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2188711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gertie
      Hi.
      I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm quite new to all this stuff.
      Could someone please tell me what "Sandbox" is and is it something I should be concerned about?

      That might sound like a stupid question but like I said I'm a newbie to internet marketing and websites (ans search engines too).

      Thank you.
      Signature

      My name is Gert and I'm newish to Internet Marketing.
      My blog is at www.gertchappell.info

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2188775].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shaun Lee
        Originally Posted by paul66 View Post

        I launched my site about 4 days ago, and built about 7 links over that time ezineatricles, do follow blog post etc. non have appeared yet. My website has 13 pages so far. 8 have been indexed in google. But I cannot see my site ranked on google for my keyword. Does it take time or could it be possible that google has indexed my pages, but has also sandboxed my site? I used IBP to do the seo on my site, and my keyword density is not over 3% on any word or keyword
        Hi paul66, it takes time for SEO to do it's thing, so be patient. It's been only 4 days.

        Originally Posted by Gertie View Post

        Hi.
        I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm quite new to all this stuff.
        Could someone please tell me what "Sandbox" is and is it something I should be concerned about?

        That might sound like a stupid2 question but like I said I'm a newbie to internet marketing and websites (ans search engines too).

        Thank you.
        The Google "Sandbox" is a term used to describe a situation where your webpage is ranked at a very low position in the search engine results. There is no proof that the Google "Sandbox" is existent, but a lot of people seem to believe it exists. It's a constant debate among SEO-ists.

        Assuming that the Google "Sandbox" exists, you should only be concerned if you have the ability to build tens of thousands of backlinks to a new webpage (generally 3 years old or less).

        -Shaun
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2188809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kieron
        Originally Posted by Gertie View Post

        Hi.
        I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm quite new to all this stuff.
        Could someone please tell me what "Sandbox" is and is it something I should be concerned about?

        That might sound like a stupid question but like I said I'm a newbie to internet marketing and websites (ans search engines too).

        Thank you.
        It would be easier for you to think of the sandbox as the sin bin, some say the sandbox is real others don't, as a newbie you should have no worries about this issue. Welcome and best wishes to your success. Kieron
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul66
    My other site is up about a month now but I cannot see it ranked for it's keyword, although all the pages have been indexed? could it be sandboxed? how long does it normally take before it shows up for its keyword in google?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2194721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author actionplanbiz
    check out the firefox add-on rank checker, it gives you an idea of your sites position to your keywards your targeting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2195660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paul66
      Originally Posted by actionplanbiz View Post

      check out the firefox add-on rank checker, it gives you an idea of your sites position to your keywards your targeting
      Yeah I did that and It shows no results
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author usearchme2
    4 days is that all lol give it chance man !

    Also I wouldnt recommend IBP, teaches bad habits and the claims on its websites that ebay use it is complete twaddle lol!

    Also sandbox is probably one of the greatest myths out there, forget you ever heard about it and concentrate on learning the seo basics.

    Woc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196647].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paul66
      Originally Posted by usearchme2 View Post

      4 days is that all lol give it chance man !

      Also I wouldnt recommend IBP, teaches bad habits and the claims on its websites that ebay use it is complete twaddle lol!

      Also sandbox is probably one of the greatest myths out there, forget you ever heard about it and concentrate on learning the seo basics.

      Woc
      Hi Mate,
      Yeah I think IBP is giving me some conflicting advice, but I just went along with it, As I am pretty new to this. Is there any other software you would recommend for SEO instead of IBP or if not is there any way of learning it correctly.

      Yeah that site is around 4-5 days old but the other site is over a month
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arich123
    check search engine ranking always in add preview tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author caldream2020
    My site is not even seen on Google. Its been over 3 months now since i made it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2196736].message }}

Trending Topics