Google WILL Screw You!

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Learned a HARD lesson yesterday.

I went to log into my AdSense account, and couldn't get in. Then, I noticed that I'd changed my PW, so I retried. Nothing.

Now I'm waiting as I have to apply for a new account, since Google support is non-existent.

On top of that, I'll lose every penny in my account. (Just short of the Google minimum of $100).

For a retiree, that's a LOT of lost cash.

Moral: Keep your log in and PW information up to date of Google get the Gold Mine, and YOU get the shaft.

Pete
#google #screw
  • Profile picture of the author johnmags
    Have you tried contacting them for support?

    Click on the cant access account link -it will show you to the page where all you have to do is to input your email and they will send reset password link
    Signature
    Are you looking for a Professional Content Writer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pete Egeler
      Originally Posted by johnmags View Post

      Have you tried contacting them for support?

      Click on the cant access account link -it will show you to the page where all you have to do is to input your email and they will send reset password link
      John,

      Problem is, the email that I registered with some 3-4 years ago no longer exists either. So, I'm screwed either way.

      And, I've tried their "reset password" on other applications. Doesn't work worth a crap.

      Pete
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216066].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Wi
        Originally Posted by Pete Egeler View Post

        John,

        Problem is, the email that I registered with some 3-4 years ago no longer exists either. So, I'm screwed either way.

        And, I've tried their "reset password" on other applications. Doesn't work worth a crap.

        Pete
        Well, it's your own fault then - that's for sure!

        When you get a new email - then you're going to change it or else your not very smart!

        Now... Why wouldn't you change you'r 3-4 year old email-login? There is plenty of ways you can change this on you'r account? (which you no longer have, because of your own fault)

        GOOGLE will screw you? Narh, I don't think so - because if you had changed your email in the first place, then you wouldn't have to go through this - agree?

        You could even just ADD A NEW email, so you would be able to login with both - I can't see why this is google's fault?

        Anyway - I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you will reach the $100 soon enough!

        Wi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216726].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author HCLee
          I don't suppose you put an alternative email address when you opened your gmail/adsense account with Google? That would be useful at times like this.
          Signature
          Electric Foot Warmers -End your cold feet days now.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author susinggih
    If you change your password doesn't Firefox will make a notification at the top right of your page asking whether you'd like to save it?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimmyS
    Thanks for the tip.... I'll make sure to remember that.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamrs
    Go to the support forum, contact them through your new account, try to reactivate your email (chances are that it will be possible if have created it with Hotmail, Yahoo!, Gmail, etc...)...

    Don't give up so easily!


    William
    Signature
    Steal My Profit Strategy



    >> Download Now <<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216219].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rich Struck
      Let's see if I have this straight... You forgot your password and somehow that means that Google is screwing you. Interesting.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnpetrov
    "Google is evil"
    lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author derekwong28
    Pete, I sugest that you do this.

    1. Go to webmasterworld and create an account
    2. Go to the Google Adsense forum
    3. There you will find a Google staff called AdsenseAdvisor
    4. Pm him directly

    You can also raise a thread there about this. I have got my disabled Adsense account reinstated in the past through this route.

    Derek
    Signature

    Do not get between a wombat and a chocolate biscuit; you will regret it dearly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author usearchme2
    How have Google screwed you, its your own mistake surely ??

    You wont lose the money anyhow, if the rest of ur adsense details match your own, im sure they will be able to help !

    Woc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wi
    Originally Posted by Pete Egeler View Post

    . . . . . . . On top of that, I'll lose every penny in my account. (Just short of the Google minimum of $100).

    For a retiree, that's a LOT of lost cash. . . . . . .
    "For a reiree, that's a LOT of lost cash"

    Are you sure about that? Because as far as I can see, you're doing pretty well? You're making at least $10.000 per month according to your websites? I mean - $100 is not that much.

    According to your website: "I’ll Also GIVE You The EXACT Wording Of The
    Email That Has Brought Me Over $2,000 In
    24-48 Hours – Time After Time.
    "

    Time after time - so this could be maybe at least 5 times per month which is $10.000 per month as I said - right? $100 is just a grab in your pocket I guess.

    But... Good luck

    I just think it's pretty funny that after 3-4 years, your stiill struggling to earn $100? Maybe you should contact me on PM, so i can help you?

    Anyway - I don't wan't to be a jerk, but now.. I would never trust a word you say - because... $100 is a lot for a retiree? omg - your making thousand of thousand of dollars online - it's your own words man. You need to think of your reputation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DrGUID
    If you lost your door key would you buy another house? Keep trying to get your cash!
    Signature

    Love passive income? Make money on hubpages. Make money from ClickBank. Preserve your new wealth by investing in gold.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johndes
    Unless you do several hundred grand a year in Adwords biz, they really don't care about you - sad truth..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2216917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    Uhh.. I'm pretty sure google still pays you even if you forgot your password.
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoforu
    So sorry to hear that..but thanks a lot for sharing that..I will remember it for sure.
    Signature

    Guest post links are effective when they are contextual and natural!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    This makes no sense...how can G not pay just because of a lost email/password?
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217314].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wi
      Originally Posted by brucerby View Post

      This makes no sense...how can G not pay just because of a lost email/password?
      _____
      Bruce
      He is only saying that because he can't login - although he won't work for it! It is his own fault! Without a doubt!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexLewis
    Well here's a surefire method i guess pete:

    Make a new Gmail account and try to contact them . Mostly they will do so...
    Then i think they will ask for some proof / identification and more of this stuff.
    You will have to prove to them that the adsense account ads which you must be using on a site -- is OWNED BY YOU .
    The fact that I know of this , is because One of my internet friend had a similar trouble..though his account was hacked to be perfect.
    Signature
    "Knowledge Is FREE ! Share , learn and Grow !"
    Stay hungry Stay foolish !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wi
    Originally Posted by londonwarrior View Post

    I don't think you can blame Google if you've been using an old email account. It's up to you to run your business properly. However, Google have always replied promptled when I've contacted support.
    Thumbs up for sure
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesM
    Last week my account was hacked and G locked it for suspicious behavior. I'm glad they did - the worst the perp managed was to send some emails out. They could have accessed my AdSense account (which BTW has more than 100 bucks balance!). I just had to verify that I was the real owner by providing my mobile number and within minutes I'd reset my password and was back up and running. It really shouldn't be any more difficult in your case.
    Signature

    If this post has been helpful please click the "thanks" button ;-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mainstreetcm
    I'm not seeing how Google is evil because YOU changed your password and no longer have access to the email you used to originally sign up. Google is not your mother. Google is not going to hold your hand. As far as I'm concerned Google didn't screw you, but YOU screwed yourself.

    And on top of that Google should automatically send you a check if your threshold is set at $100 right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2217900].message }}
  • You are not going to get screwed. Google is not going to keep your money. There are ways to get in touch with someone there who can help EVEN if your email associated with the account has changed. This happens all the time when people get laid off or change jobs and get locked out. You're not the first.

    Yes... it's difficult to get in touch with a human there, but there are several good methods listed above that should get you in touch with someone who can help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2218017].message }}

Trending Topics