100 Backlinks/Month Safe? (SEOLinkVine?)

by humbledmarket Banned
22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I need the expertise of some warriors here. I'm looking to do SEO and I'd like to know what's a safe number of backlinks/month.

If I use something like SEO Link Vine to generate 100 backlinks a month for a particular site do you expect any issues such as being sandbox for gaining too many backlinks too fast?

#100 #backlinks or month #safe #seolinkvine
  • Profile picture of the author simpleonline1234
    100 a month is fine...Google isnt' going to find them all at once anyways so you will be fine....as far as the whole sandbox thing goes you don't have to worry about getting sandboxed from generating backlinks...that's an old wives tale....if getting too many backlinks too fast were to cause me to have my sites sandboxed I wouldn't have any competition in my way... well not for long anyways. I would give them 100k backlinks in a week....worst case senerio would be that the links don't go torwards helping your site....
    Signature
    Check out deals
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ARVolund
    One more time.....

    There is no spoon........

    Seriously dude 100 backlinks a month?? Google is not even going to notice 100 links a day. The worst that is going to happen is they will ignore your links for awhile to see if they are for real and going to stick.

    One thing to remember is that any ranking your sites sees in the first few months is smoke. Do not get excited over your brand new site ranking well. It happens sometimes in niches that are not real competitive. It will drop whether you build links or not.

    Long term however you need links to your site to rank well. Look at what the #1 guy for the keyword you are gunning for and beat him.

    Richard






    Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post

    I need the expertise of some warriors here. I'm looking to do SEO and I'd like to know what's a safe number of backlinks/month.

    If I use something like SEO Link Vine to generate 100 backlinks a month for a particular site do you expect any issues such as being sandbox for gaining too many backlinks too fast?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author affiliatejedi
    is SEO Link vine any good?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sam1731
    In doing SEO I just doing it manually by adding to any dofollow social bookmark and blog comments. But I do not know what is SEO Link Vine? I am newbie...!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FredJones
      Even in your first month, starting maybe from the second week of letting the website go, would ought to be rock-safe building 100 backlinks per month. In fact, unless you have done good on-page SEO as well as the links come from good and strong pages, this may prove to be on the lower sidde from your second month !!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kkchoon
    Brad generated 6,000 visitors/day to his site using similar services like SEOLV, I think he get 70,000 backlinks in 3 months! What you are talking about is nothing... don't worry.
    Signature

    Powerful Indexer That Makes Your Backlinks Count ==> Nuclear Link Indexer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2251690].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
      Banned
      Originally Posted by kkchoon View Post

      Brad generated 6,000 visitors/day to his site using similar services like SEOLV, I think he get 70,000 backlinks in 3 months! What you are talking about is nothing... don't worry.
      Wow that's some success. Thanks for sharing your experience. May I know if all 70 000 backlinks were for one specific site or spread out over several site?

      Originally Posted by FredJones View Post

      Even in your first month, starting maybe from the second week of letting the website go, would ought to be rock-safe building 100 backlinks per month. In fact, unless you have done good on-page SEO as well as the links come from good and strong pages, this may prove to be on the lower sidde from your second month !!
      Ok thanks,
      This site has been present for over a month already though will the sudden surge of backlinks create a negative affect

      Originally Posted by Sam1731 View Post

      In doing SEO I just doing it manually by adding to any dofollow social bookmark and blog comments. But I do not know what is SEO Link Vine? I am newbie...!
      Hello,
      Blog comments and social bookmark are effective but it's very time consuming and you work might be eliminated should the blog owner decided to go no follow.

      SEO link vine is a SEO tool. It's $60+/month but I've heard some good success so I thought it might be worth the investment.
      Originally Posted by affiliatejedi View Post

      is SEO Link vine any good?
      There are quite a few stunning reviews. Quite a few is an understatement lol

      Originally Posted by ARVolund View Post

      One more time.....

      There is no spoon........

      Seriously dude 100 backlinks a month?? Google is not even going to notice 100 links a day. The worst that is going to happen is they will ignore your links for awhile to see if they are for real and going to stick.

      One thing to remember is that any ranking your sites sees in the first few months is smoke. Do not get excited over your brand new site ranking well. It happens sometimes in niches that are not real competitive. It will drop whether you build links or not.

      Long term however you need links to your site to rank well. Look at what the #1 guy for the keyword you are gunning for and beat him.

      Richard
      Thanks, I was always under the impression to keep my backlinks low weekly. I was told not to comment on more than 5 blogs every week but to do it consistently. They person ahead of the site I'm trying to improve has 170+ backlinks so not too sure how it'll go.

      Originally Posted by simpleonline1234 View Post

      100 a month is fine...Google isnt' going to find them all at once anyways so you will be fine....as far as the whole sandbox thing goes you don't have to worry about getting sandboxed from generating backlinks...that's an old wives tale....if getting too many backlinks too fast were to cause me to have my sites sandboxed I wouldn't have any competition in my way... well not for long anyways. I would give them 100k backlinks in a week....worst case senerio would be that the links don't go torwards helping your site....
      Thanks! I was always told to do SEO moderately not to arise any suspicions least you get the dreaded sandbox.

      Thanks everyone for sparing your time, experience and sharing it on this thread with a inexperience newbie. Appreciate all your help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2254240].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ARVolund
        Remember those 170 backlinks that you see are probably not the only ones he has. You are not going to see all of yours or all of his. It does give you an idea of what you need to do though. Also all links are not created equal. You need to look at not just the number but the links themselves, A few strong links can make a huge difference.

        I do not think there is really anything wrong with building your links at a moderate pace. The problem here is the definition of moderate. Take the figures you are quoting (100 links/5 blog comments) that you are doing on a monthly/weekly cycle and do those daily and you are still well within the moderate range.

        One thing to look out for is link stability especially on newer sites. If you are doing blog commenting (or anywhere for that matter) you want to place your links where they will stick long term. You want to keep the link churn where you are replacing links that are deleted down to mimimum. First off you are wasting time by building links that do not stick and second it does seem to matter how long you have a link. I have come to believe that the longer you have a link the more weight Google gives it.

        Richard

        Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post


        Thanks, I was always under the impression to keep my backlinks low weekly. I was told not to comment on more than 5 blogs every week but to do it consistently. They person ahead of the site I'm trying to improve has 170+ backlinks so not too sure how it'll go.


        Thanks! I was always told to do SEO moderately not to arise any suspicions least you get the dreaded sandbox.

        Thanks everyone for sparing your time, experience and sharing it on this thread with a inexperience newbie. Appreciate all your help.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2254513].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Abhinandangarg View Post

          You can do 90-100 Backlinks/day
          Thanks for the confirmation.

          Originally Posted by Puusaari View Post

          I find that a lot of it has to do with what your competition has. If the sites in the top ten of the SERPs are ranking with only a few hundred links then I take it easy... but if the sites have thousands of links then I hit it full throttle. I have some sites where I build over 1000 links a month to ... whereas others only need about 50 links a month.
          Ok Thanks, I'm guessing I'll probably stick it to 150 backlinks a month. It isn't my site but actually a clients so I want to keep it safe and moderated but also provide some proof of work.

          Originally Posted by caseyallen View Post

          The most I've gotten in a day is around 5,000 backlinks, but as was said above, they do not all get indexed in one day. In fact only 15-20 get indexed per day, or even less depending on how often the backlink source is spidered.

          Those 5k backlink juice trickled in over the course of 2-3 months, naturally, no pinging, bookmarking, or "boosting" of any kind. So to google this seems perfectly natural.

          So build away, just don't go ping crazy and ping them all, or "Boost" them all. But even then, I'd say google still won't pick them all up right away.

          The most backlinks I've had indexed in one day, from checking at backlinkwatch.com everyday , was around 25 or so in 1 day, so I don't have any experience in getting hundreds indexed in 1 day. So I can't advise you on that part.

          Hope this helps a little.
          Wow that's a lot of backlink. Isn't 5000 backlink in 3 months a bit dangerous or is it still in the safe zone?

          Originally Posted by ARVolund View Post

          Remember those 170 backlinks that you see are probably not the only ones he has. You are not going to see all of yours or all of his. It does give you an idea of what you need to do though. Also all links are not created equal. You need to look at not just the number but the links themselves, A few strong links can make a huge difference.

          I do not think there is really anything wrong with building your links at a moderate pace. The problem here is the definition of moderate. Take the figures you are quoting (100 links/5 blog comments) that you are doing on a monthly/weekly cycle and do those daily and you are still well within the moderate range.

          One thing to look out for is link stability especially on newer sites. If you are doing blog commenting (or anywhere for that matter) you want to place your links where they will stick long term. You want to keep the link churn where you are replacing links that are deleted down to mimimum. First off you are wasting time by building links that do not stick and second it does seem to matter how long you have a link. I have come to believe that the longer you have a link the more weight Google gives it.

          Richard
          Thanks very much for your response. I intend to probably keep it in the 150 range according to the replies here of experts like you I believe it should be fairly moderate and hopefully safe.



          I'm guessing this means the sandbox from excessive backlinks was just a myth or rumor? Did it actually bare any real proof at one point though?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2257296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
    Banned
    I have a quick question if 100 backlinks/ month is safe would I be safe to challenge 200 backlinks/ month? or is that entering danger zone?

    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2254280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Puusaari
    I find that a lot of it has to do with what your competition has. If the sites in the top ten of the SERPs are ranking with only a few hundred links then I take it easy... but if the sites have thousands of links then I hit it full throttle. I have some sites where I build over 1000 links a month to ... whereas others only need about 50 links a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2254325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author caseyallen
    The most I've gotten in a day is around 5,000 backlinks, but as was said above, they do not all get indexed in one day. In fact only 15-20 get indexed per day, or even less depending on how often the backlink source is spidered.

    Those 5k backlink juice trickled in over the course of 2-3 months, naturally, no pinging, bookmarking, or "boosting" of any kind. So to google this seems perfectly natural.

    So build away, just don't go ping crazy and ping them all, or "Boost" them all. But even then, I'd say google still won't pick them all up right away.

    The most backlinks I've had indexed in one day, from checking at backlinkwatch.com everyday , was around 25 or so in 1 day, so I don't have any experience in getting hundreds indexed in 1 day. So I can't advise you on that part.

    Hope this helps a little.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2254431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
    Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post

    I'd like to know what's a safe number of backlinks/month.
    No more than 272,000 in a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258316].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bpachica
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258339].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
        Banned
        Originally Posted by bgmacaw View Post

        No more than 272,000 in a month.
        Thanks but I think the link is wrong it only sends me to a picture site nothing regarding SEO. Is there any other resources stating this.

        It would be a dream come true however I'm afraid to end up being sand box being the very cautious type
        Originally Posted by bpachica View Post

        Well i think the 100 backlinks are to low to google maximum amount of backlinks per month.....
        Thanks pachica, That's nice to know that way I can continue with my link building and increase my efforts however I'd appreciate any sources regarding this information. Since it's a client's site I don't want any risk

        Appreciate all your help here
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sousen
    Not to be worry if you generate link by Organic SEO there is no harm if you take more then 500 link in a day. But it must not involved any black head method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author humbledmarket
      Banned
      Originally Posted by bgmacaw View Post

      Sorry I didn't make that clear, that site has only been up a little over a month and currently has somewhere around 272,000 incoming links.

      You need to know how to use some basic SEO tools, like SEOQuake or another free SEO tool that gives you basic info about a site. That way you can look at a site and quickly see why a site is doing well or not doing well.

      The important thing to know is that you're focusing on the wrong things, such as the number of links.

      YouTube - The Matrix - Spoon (cro sub)

      There is no spoon...
      Ok Thanks, Doesn't SEO Quake only list if a link is do follow or not? I'm also not only focusing on the number of links but the quality of the links as well however I'm assured the quality of the links from SEO link Vine should be safe.

      I'm only afraid of getting too many links that I might be considered spam although it was gathered through general, legal, whitehat methods.

      Originally Posted by sousen View Post

      Not to be worry if you generate link by Organic SEO there is no harm if you take more then 500 link in a day. But it must not involved any black head method
      Thanks, I'll be using SEO Link Vine so the backlinks come from articles added people sites. I'm guessing this is as Organic as it gets?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2258844].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bgmacaw
        Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post

        Doesn't SEO Quake only list if a link is do follow or not?
        That's only one of it's many functions. Short of using a full blown analysis tool like SEO Elite or Market Samurai, it's one of the best SEO tools available and it's free with no annoying "I'm your best pal" IM email list to sign up for.

        Originally Posted by humbledmarket View Post

        I'm only afraid of getting too many links that I might be considered spam although it was gathered through general, legal, whitehat methods.
        I don't know that much about SEOLinkVine. I do know that systems like this tend to get detected by Google once they grow to a certain size and influence. This usually results in the supporting network being deindexed which, in turn, drops the ranking of the sites being linked to. While your site won't be penalized directly, it will seem like it has.

        In general, you can't get "too many links". While there are some very spammy scenarios that build 1000's upon 1000's of links overnight that will get a newer site penalized, this isn't something the average person is going to do by accident. It requires a gross misuse of some very powerful automation tools. So, stop worrying about the number of links, it won't affect you. You will see rankings fluctuate, which is typical on newer sites, but don't let this drive you into a panic.

        Concentrate on getting links from high quality authority sites, especially contextual ones (links in articles vs. sidebar/footer links), and develop your own authority sites. This is how you put your new sites into a position where you can get thousands of legit quality links in a month.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigFish47
    I've never heard of SEO Link Vine. I may have to look into that service. Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeena
    You can do much 100 a month but, it wasn't too good for google.. . SEOLinkVine ? ? ? I have no idea about this. . .
    Signature

    Jeena White - Hey I'm new here but this is the first thing that has actually WORKED for me. lol...
    http://www.FreeTravelIncentive.com Please use Activation Code = Jeena;
    Local Websites For only $97.00 http://www.MyLocalWebsites.com
    Thanks.... Hope we all make alot of money.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2259362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Naveen Kapur
    Even if you did 100,000 links a month (if that was possible), you would not get sandboxed. There is nothing called google sandbox anymore. So don't worry about that. The max disadvantage would be, not getting rankings.

    Now to think of having 100,000 back links might not be impressive, unless you could figure out the difference between authority links and no value links (link farms, social profiles etc).

    Even if you did large number of backlinks, google would only identify the authotative or relevant links linking back to you and give you some rankings. And I am sure they don't come in millions.

    Plan your backlinks structure carefully and you could top SERP's in any keyphrase PERMANENTLY in Months - not in years and that too with not more than 50-100 back links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3014158].message }}

Trending Topics