Best Directory Submission Software?

37 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys,

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I've been fortunate enough to find amazing article submission software and video submission software that have greatly increased in search engine rankings, but now I am looking to find a good directory submission software.

Can you give me some suggestions on some that you have used and got great results? It needs to be something that seems natural of course, don't want to get banned from google or anything, but there are so many softwares out there that i am not sure which is the best to use.

Hopefully some of you guys do.
#directory #software #submission
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
    Personally I wouldn't use any of them. It's not that I am particularly against automating tasks that are mundane in nature, just that they're really isn't that many directories worth posting to. Outside of maybe a few top notch ones like botw, yahoo dir, etc I would only look for ones relevant to the niche I was in and those are usually only a handful at most so it isn't something that would require a software to speed up.

    If anything use something like roboform to input the data you normally would so when signing up so as you go to each of the sites you just have to click a button and it's there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2281616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author niffybranco
      Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

      Personally I wouldn't use any of them. It's not that I am particularly against automating tasks that are mundane in nature, just that they're really isn't that many directories worth posting to. Outside of maybe a few top notch ones like botw, yahoo dir, etc I would only look for ones relevant to the niche I was in and those are usually only a handful at most so it isn't something that would require a software to speed up.

      If anything use something like roboform to input the data you normally would so when signing up so as you go to each of the sites you just have to click a button and it's there.
      Funny how you say all that yet one of your signature files leads straight to a directory lol

      If you can submitt to directories it is an added bonus to your overall linking strategy ,diversify your backlinks in anyway you can,

      that includes

      Directory submissions
      Blog comments
      social bookmarking
      social network profiles and statuses -- use ping fm
      article submissions
      rss feed submission
      join blog networks such as SEO linkvine
      Yahoo answers
      Submit your site to review sites such as alexa
      Add your site to wikepidia try and add it to existing articles that your website provides value to. (DO NOT SPAM)

      Do not waste time worrying about dofollow or no follow google is not the only source of traffic if you create relevant backlinks , submit your website to the proper directory categories , leave valuable comments on high traffic blogs it will convert into traffic.

      Moreover yahoo disregards the do follow rule and yahoo still accounts for about 15% to 20% of search traffic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2337891].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
        Originally Posted by niffybranco View Post

        Funny how you say all that yet one of your signature files leads straight to a directory lol
        Actually just to clarify that is a business directory not just a web directory full of links to websites. Most of the listings in fact do not even have a link to a website as they more commonly only list a business name, address and phone info (yellow pages style) so it is a different animal from what I was discussing.

        As for what Giles believes in I'm content with agreeing to disagree on this one. If it works for him or others then by all means go for it and continue doing it. As for me, I find other means of attracting links to be much more powerful so I'll stick to what I do. As I said he did mention some ones that I am fond of, but for the amount of directories that I find helpful for my SEO efforts I don't see the need to auto submit. My results have shown that generally a handful do the job especially when accompanied by other much more beneficial link strategies.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2343326].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author nathalie.atwood
          Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

          Actually just to clarify that is a business directory not just a web directory full of links to websites. Most of the listings in fact do not even have a link to a website as they more commonly only list a business name, address and phone info (yellow pages style) so it is a different animal from what I was discussing.

          As for what Giles believes in I'm content with agreeing to disagree on this one. If it works for him or others then by all means go for it and continue doing it. As for me, I find other means of attracting links to be much more powerful so I'll stick to what I do. As I said he did mention some ones that I am fond of, but for the amount of directories that I find helpful for my SEO efforts I don't see the need to auto submit. My results have shown that generally a handful do the job especially when accompanied by other much more beneficial link strategies.
          You are the best and by far the best answers on all this discussion about backlinks coming from cheap free directories

          I totally agree with you because all these links coming from these sites have very little value if not none in the eyes of Google. PERIOD!

          Poeple who do not get that and still use these auto-directory waste their time and money.

          The most you will get by doing ll these auto-submit is help yo to get indexed, but I seriously doubt it will ever help you to get high ranking even if you get millions of backlinks.

          Thanks again for saying it like it is!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387024].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author gracesullivan
          Hi,
          What do you think of IMT website submitter?
          I entered my website url and then got nervous because I read some bad results from people through google searching about it, so I exited out of the screen.
          It says to stay on the screen while it works so do you think I stopped it by exiting?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5525195].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author effectivesite
            Originally Posted by gracesullivan View Post

            Hi,
            What do you think of IMT website submitter?
            I entered my website url and then got nervous because I read some bad results from people through google searching about it, so I exited out of the screen.
            It says to stay on the screen while it works so do you think I stopped it by exiting?
            The website submitter isn't really of any use in my opinion since those pages don't contain links, they're just website profile type pages which show alexa type data on them.

            The IMT directory submitter though is definitely a great tool and it's free (you just have to create an account for free first). I think it would be just what the OP is looking for... if anyone's still talking about that...

            There are about 1200ish directories in their system, probably about 80% of them functioning properly and they've divided them into ones with and without captcha's.

            All of your information gets populated automatically in the back end and all you see is the category selection, directory name, and the captcha if there is one.

            It might not seem like your site is being submitted but it really is and if you check the email you use then the confirmation emails will be there afterwards. The one downside with this is that there's no title/description spinning so you should change them manually every now and then which is easy enough.

            It's definitely my top pick. If I don't use it then I just pay someone to do the submissions manually.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5614328].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HunterSnake
    There are pretty much only two directories that matter:

    ODP - Open Directory Project
    Yahoo! Directory

    Everything else is... meh.
    Signature
    Hover Coupon | Affordable Domain Names and Personalized, Surname Email for Less
    Site5 Rebate Claim Form | Save Big on Reliable Shared and Reseller Web Hosting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2281630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author licketysplit
    AllSubmitter is the best software for this, hands-down.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2281646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
      Originally Posted by vegaschk View Post

      Hey guys,

      I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I've been fortunate enough to find amazing article submission software and video submission software that have greatly increased in search engine rankings, but now I am looking to find a good directory submission software.

      Can you give me some suggestions on some that you have used and got great results? It needs to be something that seems natural of course, don't want to get banned from google or anything, but there are so many softwares out there that i am not sure which is the best to use.

      Hopefully some of you guys do.
      The only one I would recommend is http://www.digixmas.com/directory-submitter.php

      All of the others, (and I have just about all of them) are not set up to update on the fly. DigiXmas does! That means you will always be looking at and submitting to live directories. Factor in DeCaptcha and you will rock!

      When dealing with WDs Web Directories, there are essentially 3 categories of inclusion.

      (1). Paid for instant inclusion
      (2). Reciprocal link on your home page for inclusion within seven days
      (3). Free inclusion with no Reciprocal link, which takes on average about 60 to 90 days for your link to be made live

      I brought this up because submitting to WDs is a long term SEO strategy unless you want to pay out the ying yang for instant inclusion!

      The submission rule of thumb is submitting about 75 to 100 WDs per week, (provided the site is aged over 2 years).


      Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

      Personally I wouldn't use any of them. It's not that I am particularly against automating tasks that are mundane in nature, just that they're really isn't that many directories worth posting to. Outside of maybe a few top notch ones like botw, yahoo dir, etc I would only look for ones relevant to the niche I was in and those are usually only a handful at most so it isn't something that would require a software to speed up.

      If anything use something like roboform to input the data you normally would so when signing up so as you go to each of the sites you just have to click a button and it's there.
      Your statement baffles me... And here's the reason why, right at this very moment, I'm looking at 738 WDs that have PR rank of PR 6 to PR 2 and yet you are saying getting a BL from them is not worth it??? Why not? Why wouldn't I want 700 or so backlinks from authority sites that easily pass off some sweet link juice?

      Moreover, I can submit any site in my portfolio to these directories with a few clicks of a mouse. Why would any savvy SEO pro turn that down?

      Giles, the Crew Chief
      Signature
      Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

      ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2282252].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
        Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

        Your statement baffles me... And here's the reason why, right at this very moment, I'm looking at 738 WDs that have PR rank of PR 6 to PR 2 and yet you are saying getting a BL from them is not worth it??? Why not? Why wouldn't I want 700 or so backlinks from authority sites that easily pass off some sweet link juice?
        Well the page you are on is definitely not a pr2 - pr6 (in most cases at least) nor anywhere close to that so you are essentially getting zero link juice, I wouldn't call that sweet by any means. Plus if you are going after that many you are missing out on the other factors that distinguish a good quality link such as relevancy, trustrank, etc.

        I am not trying to make a blanket statement here and say that these type of low quality links will not work at all, they just need to be understood for what they are - low quality. Yes, you may be able to use these type of links to go after some low hanging fruit, but for anything even somewhat competitive (which also happens to be where most of the real money is) you need to look at obtaining much higher quality links. I like to spend my time going after niches that will produce higher levels of income for longer periods of time and in order to do that you need to always think quality, relevancy, trustrank, etc. I can assure you that if I really spend the time in obtaining even only a handful of high quality links pointed at a site in the same niche as a site with only low quality links pointing at it, I can outrank it every time (all else being the same of course.)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2284385].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
          Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

          Well the page you are on is definitely not a pr2 - pr6 (in most cases at least) nor anywhere close to that so you are essentially getting zero link juice, I wouldn't call that sweet by any means. Plus if you are going after that many you are missing out on the other factors that distinguish a good quality link such as relevancy, trustrank, etc.
          Peter, it looks likes you misinterpreted what I wrote...

          (1). When I mentioned the 738 web directories, those were confirmed Page Ranks; not something I was guessing at or hoping for and definitely not a mirage. For you to state, "Well the page you are on is definitely not a pr2 - pr6" Is that some type of online Jedi Mind trick you are attempting to employ? Just asking because it's kind of weird that I'm looking at the sites and seeing the actual PR and you're telling me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing? Huh?

          (2). We've been using these very same directories that you assert are passing no link juice - on new sites and can get the new sites PR rank rather quickly by doing no other back linking other than these WDs. That's our normal tactic for certain exact match keyword domains. You seem to be attempting to convince me that it is not working when we are seeing the results. I don't get it? So apparently in your estimation - a web directory that has a category page on the directory with a PR 5 is a low quality link?

          (3). A web directory is a web directory is a web directory. Most web directories are not focused on any single niche, so the issue of relevancy is a moot point. DMOZ provides relevancy to what niche or market? If the directory is built right and has a high home page PR and inner pages with high PR, what makes you believe it is not a quality link as you put it? Still, you baffle me even more...

          Oh, and here is the latest list on how to measure a link's quality.
          • Very Very Bad Quality Link
          • Low Quality Link
          • Medium Quality Link
          • Quality Link
          • High Quality Link
          • Higher Quality Link
          • High Class Link
          • Diamond Platinum Class Link
          Are you using this list to determine a link's value? If not, what list are you using? Please share along with the descriptions/definitions of each link classification.

          Giles, the Crew Chief
          Signature
          Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

          ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2284798].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
            Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

            Peter, it looks likes you misinterpreted what I wrote...

            (1). When I mentioned the 738 web directories, those were confirmed Page Ranks; not something I was guessing at or hoping for and definitely not a mirage. For you to state, "Well the page you are on is definitely not a pr2 - pr6" Is that some type of online Jedi Mind trick you are attempting to employ? Just asking because it's kind of weird that I'm looking at the sites and seeing the actual PR and you're telling me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing? Huh?
            No Jedi Mind Tricks here, though I do love the reference

            I should have stated my point more clearly. What I meant was that the page that the link is on is not a pr2 - pr6. I do not doubt that the main page of those sites has the pr you stated, but the internal pages the links are typically listed on is often much lower, more like a pr0 or n/a.

            Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

            (2). We've been using these very same directories that you assert are passing no link juice - on new sites and can get the new sites PR rank rather quickly by doing no other back linking other than these WDs. That's our normal tactic for certain exact match keyword domains. You seem to be attempting to convince me that it is not working when we are seeing the results. I don't get it? So apparently in your estimation - a web directory that has a category page on the directory with a PR 5 is a low quality link?
            A category page on the directory with a PR 5 could very well be a low quality link because that category page does not necessarily have that pr, does it? Yes there are some that will have some PR, but PR alone doesn't automatically mean that the link is any good. There are more factors than just PR that should be considered when determining whether a link is any 'good' or not. And remember I didn't say that these wouldn't work at all, in fact, I even acknowledged they would work in some instances. My point was that they wouldn't work if you were actually targeting keywords with any real competition, thus the mention of the low hanging fruit.

            Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

            (3). A web directory is a web directory is a web directory. Most web directories are not focused on any single niche, so the issue of relevancy is a moot point. DMOZ provides relevancy to what niche or market? If the directory is built right and has a high home page PR and inner pages with high PR, what makes you believe it is not a quality link as you put it? Still, you baffle me even more...
            Sorry, but you are wrong. Not all web directories are created equal. Directories that are set to automatically accept whatever you submit to them or simply require a reciprocal link are easily discounted because they are filled with spam. The only directories that google will give any value to are directories that are manually maintained with strict guidelines. These also happen to be sites that often require an editorial fee for the review, such as yahoo dir, botw, business.com etc. There are some that do not, like DMOZ, but those usually take a very long time for submission. At any rate, even the higher quality directories don't have a huge amount of value, but the value is much higher then the type of directories you are referring to. And as far as relevancy, I (again) should have been more clear. I was referring to specific niche directories, like statelawyers.com or findlaw.com. If I was SEOing an attorney site those directories might be a wise place to list in. Also I would think about online yellow page sites as well because they often allow links and in geo-targeted seo campaigns they help provide the citations to give a boost to the google palces listings, but that is another topic altogether and I don't want to go off too far on a tangent here.


            Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

            Oh, and here is the latest list on how to measure a link's quality.
            • Very Very Bad Quality Link
            • Low Quality Link
            • Medium Quality Link
            • Quality Link
            • High Quality Link
            • Higher Quality Link
            • High Class Link
            • Diamond Platinum Class Link
            Are you using this list to determine a link's value? If not, what list are you using? Please share along with the descriptions/definitions of each link classification.

            Giles, the Crew Chief
            That is an interesting list, do you have a reference to show us from a reputable source that explains that in further detail. I would be interested in knowing which links fall into the high quality link category and which links fall into the higher quality link cat

            When I determine a links value, I wouldn't say I necessarily have a link classification list such as yourself, but I do realize that certain links have certain values. However, not all links can be easily categorized as good, bad, or ugly. The higher quality links usually require more in depth research, but the low quality, IMO, are just low quality and not worth my time, energy or resources in most cases. For instance links that can be obtained by pretty much anyone and their mom, are low quality (blog comments, forum links, mass directory submissions, etc etc)

            High quality links generally come from places that are not so easy to get. They require thinking outside the box, creativity, monetary exchanges (not necessarily directly purchasing them, but putting money into something that may bring natural links your direction) and countless other ways that I do not have the time to go into in this post.

            Here are just a few things I consider in no particular order to determine the quality of a link: PR of the page the link will be placed - yes very general, but it is a good place to start before digging deeper, anchor text or not, followed or nofollowed, inbound links to the site, inbound links to the page, relevancy, outbound links on the page, just to name a few. I could obviously go into a lot more detail about each of those as well as add more, but my time is somewhat limited today so I will leave it at that. There are a number of reputable resources, studies, and research about this subject online that can be easily found if someone was so inclined.

            Generally speaking, automated directory submissions are worthless and will not help you. I already said earlier that they do have some value only very low value. I am quite sure that you are correct in stating that you are able to get your keywords ranked with these submissions alone, but I would love to see a site that you actually did so with a competitive term. Feel free to PM me with one if you don't feel comfortable posting it live.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2285263].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
              Gregory, your extended missive probably could have been summarized by saying, "My opinion is - automated directory submissions are worthless" and left it at that. So just for fun...

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              PR alone doesn't automatically mean that the link is any good. There are more factors than just PR that should be considered when determining whether a link is any 'good' or not.
              Yeah, I'll be purchasing that link evaluation software a day after tomorrow. It has algorithms that evaluates each link to determine and insure that each link is categorized as a diamond platinum link. This software is so advanced, it can devalue a PR 6 page back link as worthless by factoring the other various factors that you eluded to. Every IMer should get this software so they can evaluate a link's worth on the fly.

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              My point was that they wouldn't work if you were actually targeting keywords with any real competition, thus the mention of the low hanging fruit.
              Smart SEO savvy IMers only target competitive income generating keywords and use automated WD submissions and other automated submissions as part of their overall SEO strategies. We have proof that this strategy works. You've made it crystal clear that in YOUR opinion, automated WD submissions are worthless. Again, it's your opinion. Again, we have proof that it works and our proof trumps your opinion. Consequently, we will agree to disagree...

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              Sorry, but you are wrong. Not all web directories are created equal. Directories that are set to automatically accept whatever you submit to them or simply require a reciprocal link are easily discounted because they are filled with spam.
              Peter, none of the directories that we submit to are filled with spam anymore that DMOZ is filled with spam. Anymore than the Yahoo directory is filled with spam. Some of us IMers actually know what we are doing. In all honestly, it doesn't take rocket science or any in depth research to determine if a directory is worth obtaining a link or not.

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              The only directories that google will give any value to are directories that are manually maintained with strict guidelines.
              Yep, you're absolutely right! I own a number of web directories myself and Google constantly sends people over to my place to confirm that we only allow manual (by hand) submissions and that their strict web directory guidelines are maintained.

              The Google guy actually stands over us to make sure that we take each potential link and (manually) determine if it is relevant to each directory. If it is not, and we still place the link, the Google Web Directory Guy zaps us with a stun gun until we remove the automated link. I'm still suffering from last nights prod burns!

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              That is an interesting list, do you have a reference to show us from a reputable source that explains that in further detail. I would be interested in knowing which links fall into the high quality link category and which links fall into the higher quality link cat
              I'll show you my source, when you show me yours! You first!

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              When I determine a links value, I wouldn't say I necessarily have a link classification list such as yourself, but I do realize that certain links have certain values.
              Again, show us how you YOU classify/rate these links. Be specific. Don't close out with, "Other factors" and leave it at that. Spell out the other factors, line by line so a noobie can take your evaluation process and run with it.

              (1).
              (2).
              (3).
              (4).

              etc., etc.

              Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

              However, not all links can be easily categorized as good, bad, or ugly. The higher quality links usually require more in depth research
              You mean to tell me that evaluating links can become so complicated that its hard to determine if the link is good, bad, or ugly? And, what type of in-depth research are you doing to quantify these worthiness of these links? Honestly, you don't have answer any of these questions. My response was just for laughs.

              The OP asked for the best Directory Submission Software; he didn't ask if it was worth it to engage in the automated submission process.

              But since you put it out there, I responded. The truth is, the WF is filled with people who assert and classify various automated and semi automated submission strategies as worthless. You've just added your name to that list.

              Giles, the Crew Chief
              Signature
              Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

              ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2286727].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
                You are right about one thing here, we have gotten of track from what the OP asked and was looking for. I was only trying to give the OP some solid SEO advice that is very commonly known in the professional SEO community.

                I want be clear on one thing I did not say they would not work at all, just that they had low value and should be regarded as such. They may 'work' for low competition terms, but for terms with higher competition one would need to invest their time into much better linking strategies.


                Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

                I own a number of web directories myself
                Ahh, a vested interest I guess I need say no more. There is usually only this type of backlash from people who offer directory submission services or own a network of directories. Look around trusted SEO sources (google webmaster forums, seomoz, seochat) and you will see how low quality directories are regarded in the professional SEO community.

                Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

                " I'll show you my source, when you show me yours! You first!
                I mentioned them above, but they are actually easy to find here are a few to help you in the right direction:

                SEO Chat Forums - Calendar

                SEOmoz | Site Search

                Search results - Webmaster Tools Help

                Like you said I guess we should just agree to disagree, but people with a vested interest in directory submission software and low quality directories are always going to claim things bring results because, let's face it, it would make bad business sense to do otherwise. However, I have no vested interest here, just trying to offer good solid SEO advice.

                Also I am fine with being added to any list that will not recommend mass automated directory submissions as a good, strong SEO practice.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2289352].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
                  Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                  I was only trying to give the OP some solid SEO advice that is very commonly known in the professional SEO community. I want be clear on one thing I did not say they would not work at all, just that they had low value and should be regarded as such.
                  Peter, Peter, Peter, if we put together all of the opinions from the quote, "Professional SEO community" true IMers would have been discouraged from doing just about everything except writing extremely exceptional content and waiting for natural backlinks.

                  Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                  They may 'work' for low competition terms, but for terms with higher competition one would need to invest their time into much better linking strategies.
                  That's your opinion, but we use these backlinks that you assert are low value for highly competitive markets and they work wonders. Apparently, that's hard for you to accept because it goes against the grain of what the professional SEO community is currently teaching, GOTCHA!

                  Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                  Ahh, a vested interest I guess I need say no more.
                  As a IMer who controls his own destiny, I own web directories, article directories, web 2.0 properties, meta search engines and a host of other IM properties. Yes, that's called having a vested interest and being a smart investor. It's hilarious listening to professional SEO experts and trusted SEO sources tell IM property owners how their investments are low value, when said IM properties are bringing in the mucho deniro...

                  Recently, threads have been popping up all over the WF claiming EZA is dead, article marketing is dead, social bookmarking is dead, this is a low value link and that is a low quality link and yada, yada, yada.

                  These individuals always seem to elude to or cite supposedly impressive sources to back up their assertions. Not realizing the person or people making the claims - no matter their title or claim to fame - are just offering their opinion.

                  AND, their opinion is just that; their opinion. Just because a quote SEO expert claims web directories are low value doesn't mean squat. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that I own web directories. It has everything to do with more misinformation being disseminated that could potentially curtail others from exponentially growing their IM business.

                  Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                  However, I have no vested interest here, just trying to offer good solid SEO advice. Also I am fine with being added to any list that will not recommend mass automated directory submissions as a good, strong SEO practice.
                  My true vested interest in being on the WF is helping other IMers who want to succeed, reach their goals. To that end, if something isn't working or is of no value and I've confirmed such, I'll be the first to state it.

                  Conversely, if it is working and does carry value that can be of a great benefit to IMers growing their business, I will also state that. Even if it means disagreeing with the professional SEO community.

                  You say web directories are low value? Here is a very very very small sample of Web Directories at my disposable that are "Authority sites" and can pass on powerful link juice.

                  PR 9
                  ipl2: Information You Can Trust

                  PR 7
                  JoeAnt.com Directory
                  Best of the Web Directory

                  PR 6
                  Ezilon.com - Regional Web Directory and Search Engine
                  Blog Directory

                  PR 5
                  IllumiRate : Lighting your Way through the Web
                  Your Index Web Directory- Suggest Your Site
                  somuch Link Directory, Submit Links for Free
                  World Site Index Web Directory
                  Tsection Web Directory - Great websites organized into categories
                  MavicaNET - Multilingual Search Catalog

                  PR 4
                  Jayde.com - The B2B Search Engine
                  A Biz Directory - Free Web Directory
                  Web Directory

                  But, according to the experts, these sites are of no value or low quality, YEAH RIGHT!

                  Giles, the Crew Chief
                  Signature
                  Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

                  ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2290786].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Peter Gregory
                    Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

                    Peter, Peter, Peter, if we put together all of the opinions from the quote, "Professional SEO community" true IMers would have been discouraged from doing just about everything except writing extremely exceptional content and waiting for natural backlinks.
                    Should this not be the ultimate goal? In any business isn't the ultimate goal to be better than your competitors by providing exceptional service and value? In the web world, provide value and you will be deserving of links, but don't be so naive to think that it is good SEO practice to just sit back an wait for the links to pour in. That is not reality and anyone who has been in this game for a bit knows that very clearly. True SEOs usually have access to obtain great links, plus if you think outside the box a bit there are many many ways to get high quality, effective links.

                    Simply posting to high volumes of low quality directories is not an effective method, and not just because "the SEO community" says they aren't, but because as SEOs we test and research and read and test and experiment and research and test some more to get our own results and come to our own conclusions. With that being said though, it is interesting to see that many have come to the very same conclusion.


                    Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post

                    You say web directories are low value? Here is a very very very small sample of Web Directories at my disposable that are "Authority sites" and can pass on powerful link juice.
                    Funny that you say that because now you are making sweeping generalizations about what I have said.

                    First off, I did not say ALL web directories are low value. I was talking about the directories that accept automatic approval and have no type of manual approval or quality control or in other words the directories that are usually involved with mass automated submissions. I was definitely NOT talking about places like ipl, botw, joeant, as you have mentioned. Those are actually good quality directories and are highly recommended, but when someone says that submitting to 700+ or 1000+ or 2000+ or whatever the number may be, it is unrealistic to think that they are all quality directories.

                    I do appreciate the fact that you did mention some good ones, but you know those are not the types of directories that automatically approve any site that is submitted. They are human edited to maintain quality. I am sure you have done some good work with what you have, but realistically you could probably cut it down to maybe 20 or so that are effective in your link building (I personally use less, but to each his own) and get the same results as posting to hundreds or thousands of automatic approval type directories.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2293484].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
                      Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                      First off, I did not say ALL web directories are low value. I was talking about the directories that accept automatic approval and have no type of manual approval or quality control or in other words the directories that are usually involved with mass automated submissions.
                      Peter, hopefully you don't believe web directories have the personnel to manually approve submissions and/or provide some type of human intervention quality control. If you do, you may have been grossly misled. The cost factor involved in that process would be astronomical. Sorta like the $299.00 review fee charged by Yahoo. When web directories do charge fees for inclusion, those fees do not go towards any review process payment; those fees go towards paying for the inclusion/backlink.

                      Originally Posted by Peter Gregory View Post

                      I was definitely NOT talking about places like ipl, botw, joeant, as you have mentioned. Those are actually good quality directories and are highly recommended...
                      Peter, maybe there was some type of disconnect or misinterpretation. Or maybe it was just the issue of getting off topic from the OPs question.

                      Either way, those directories that you say are good quality, we submit to those directories using automated submission software... and not only that, we MASS submit to THEM! I believe I've been saying that from the get go, but apparently not crystal clearly. We MASS submit to those types of directories ( ipl, botw, joeant, etc., etc.) using automated software.

                      In terms of the numbers you put out, 700+ or 1000+ or 2000, we keep a database of about 750 to 780 directories that pass some very sweet link juice. And another 800 or so that pass moderately good link juice. Again, all automated.

                      I've seen software providers claim their software could instantly submit to 2000, 3000, or more directories. But our team has tested enough of those applications and proven those numbers to be grossly overstated. So yes, there is a element of submission software and marketing companies that claim to submit to 1000s of directories - but for the most part, we've found their claims to be false. I would wholeheartedly agree that the sites they are referring to are junk sites not worth the inclusion and not worth the submission process; manually, automated or otherwise.

                      It should go without saying that no matter if we are talking article directories, web directories, RSS Aggregators, Web 2.0 properties, video sites or Social Bookmarking sites - that there is going to varying degrees of a web property's ability to pass off authority, PR and link juice. Suffice it to say that it is up to the Internet Marketer to properly assess the value of each web property based on his or her's particular agenda.

                      That being said, in summation, (when done right) automated web directory submission ranks up there with all of the other IM options for building solid rankings.


                      Giles, the Crew Chief
                      Signature
                      Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

                      ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2295504].message }}
                      • what's your opinion using link dozer crew chief..I found it good it some areas but for the most part it's difficult to use(not user friendly)
                        Signature

                        peak short video - Im ready...are you?

                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2337347].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
                          Originally Posted by AllThingsArePossible View Post

                          what's your opinion using link dozer crew chief..I found it good it some areas but for the most part it's difficult to use(not user friendly)
                          I don't personally subscribe to LD and I've never looked at their control panel or talked to Kristina.

                          The people that are subscribers that I know... the jury is still out.

                          There is one common denominator; everyone speaks about an enormous learning curve.

                          Giles, the Crew Chief
                          Signature
                          Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

                          ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2337569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crete
    Seems like everybody has there opinion however I would say Submiteaze is the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2282277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
      Originally Posted by crete View Post

      Seems like everybody has there opinion however I would say Submiteaze is the best.
      Are you saying that because you've used both Submiteaze and DigiXmas? Because our team members bought it after use - found that Submiteaze returns errors on a consistent basis in addition to being notoriously slow in comparison.

      Giles, the Crew Chief
      Signature
      Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

      ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2282397].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JackPowers
    Is digiXMAS free or paid and is it a software or service. It doesn't seem very clear from their website.

    I agree that an updated database is very important with directory submitters.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2282411].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Crew Chief
      Originally Posted by JackPowers View Post

      Is digiXMAS free or paid and is it a software or service. It doesn't seem very clear from their website.

      I agree that an updated database is very important with directory submitters.
      Once you download the software, you have access to only 150 PR 0 directories. If you want more and you should, then you upgrade to buying credits, which are as follows:

      There are four service packages available:
      • Free package: As free service, you can submit your sites to 150 directories with lower Google PR in Shinkansen mode, plus free submission to all directories in Truck mode, including directories in your own lists.
      • Regular package: By paying one-time fee ($15 USD) per site, you can submit your site to all directories in the list. It's suitable for webmasters with a few sites.
      • Economic package: Buying economic package, you can submit 5 sites to all directories in the list. The price for this package is $60 USD. It's intended for webmasters that have up to 5 websites.
      • Featured package: Buying featured package, you can submit 10 sites to all directories in the list. The price for this package is $100 USD. It's intended for webmasters that have up to 10 websites.
      • Premium package: Buying premium package, you can submit 20 sites to all directories in the list. The price for this package is $150 USD. It's intended for webmasters that have a lot of websites (up to 20).
      If you have more than 20 sites, you can purchase multiple packages as needed.
      Some people gripe about the credits, but my experience is that it is indeed the absolute best system for WD submission. I've never come across a dead directory since using the system and once you get the hang of it and start using decaptcha, your submission speed increases exponentially.

      Giles, the Crew Chief
      Signature
      Tools, Strategies and Tactics Used By Savvy Internet Marketers and SEO Pros:

      ProSiteFlippers.com We Build Monetization Ready High-Value Virtual Properties
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2282552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crete
    Yes I have used both and Submiteaze is a much better product and has more directories to submit to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2283966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author M4r5h4ll
    Thanks guys useful links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2285638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Opeleroy
    When a website is submitted to a directory, does it help boost the search engine rankings of just the URL that is submitted, or does it also help boost the rankings of inner pages?
    Signature

    Boom.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2343396].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2344470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ashly
    I personally prefer do manual directory submissions rather than to use any software but to save your time use roboform to speed up input data by clicking one button to make your submission.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2344650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keyplay
    Submitterelite.com is the best software for doing this
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2349339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keyplay
    Directory submitter software, which can be used to easily build out your site popularity easily, you can use Automatic Directory Submitter


    Regard,
    keyplay
    _____________________
    Automatic Directory Submitter ~ Keyword Tool Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2349351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LifeIsGood
    I thought I made a mistake, once ... but I didn't ... I was wrong.

    "A person with an experience is never at the mercy of someone with an opinion." ~ LifeIsGood

    Hey, thanks for the great insight, guys.

    I'm trying to find someone who offers Directory Submission services who knows what they're doing (both cheaply and reliably), ... in lieu of ... the best software.

    Perhaps that's a different thread.

    Ciao.

    LifeIsGood ~ It's About To Get Even Better!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5414633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author erazer
      Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post

      I'm trying to find someone who offers Directory Submission services who knows what they're doing (both cheaply and reliably), ... in lieu of ... the best software.
      Directory Maximizer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5415326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gearmonkey
    Signature

    My Guitar Website | My SEO Blog - Advertising spots available.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5415463].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5614338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patco
    Submit your website manually (create some unique titles, descriptions and start your submission to some of the top directories!)
    Signature

    A blog that will show you How to Lose Weight with a cool Quick Weight Loss guide...
    Also enjoy some of my favorite Funny pictures and photos that will make you smile :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5615122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyborgX
    I have to say Sliq is pretty good. I used DeepLinkerPro as well a while back but it wasn't the same compared to Sliq which is fast and does the job well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7104451].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myadsbook
    yahoo directory and domz directory
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7105702].message }}

Trending Topics