How many backlinks a day?

19 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hey guys,
So I know it's crucial to build backlinks to your site and it's best done gradually all the time.
I use article submission and blog posting but my question is - How many links a day is it a good amount and not a "spam" by Google?

Another thing that bothers me is that I have a site and everytime I submit a new article (and believe me it's 1-2 tops and not everyday) Google decides to "play" with it and drop it a little in rankings, just after publishing the article, what is that? A Google dance again?

It's not a new site, maybe 2 years online, the keyword I used to promote it was on place 17, now dropped to 22 and the top was 12th place....any ideas? How can I get it to page 1 if Google does the opposite everytime I submit a new article with this keyword as anchor text???

Thank you all.
#backlinks #day
  • Profile picture of the author iloveseo
    No article submission works well but the problem is that you should try to get backlinks from some other sources as well and not from just one source.Getting a link back from high pr page would work like a magic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cataclysm1987
    Not even Google really has the answer to this.

    What likely makes a site ranking fluctuate is fluctuating patterns in backlinking.

    When something unusual happens, like new backlinks from different sites, Google will start dancing you.

    Make your backlinking a routine, consistent process, and you can basically backlink as much as you frickin want. Just make it consistent and well, er, "white hat". ;-)
    Signature

    No signature here today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988103].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rinor81
      Originally Posted by Cataclysm1987 View Post

      Not even Google really has the answer to this.

      What likely makes a site ranking fluctuate is fluctuating patterns in backlinking.

      When something unusual happens, like new backlinks from different sites, Google will start dancing you.

      Make your backlinking a routine, consistent process, and you can basically backlink as much as you frickin want. Just make it consistent and well, er, "white hat". ;-)
      Thanks for replying guys,
      So what you're saying is that I can add backlinks each and everyday to promote my sites?
      How many is too many? I believe Google does a calculation of average links added per site, no?

      Thanks,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988262].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ramonacole
        Originally Posted by rinor81 View Post

        Thanks for replying guys,
        So what you're saying is that I can add backlinks each and everyday to promote my sites?
        How many is too many? I believe Google does a calculation of average links added per site, no?

        Thanks,
        Yeah, you can do it everyday. We get about 50 backlinks everyday, I guess.
        But still I don't know how much will be too much.
        Signature
        Professional essay writing help
        Great custom essay
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blake.quintero
    I don't think there is any fixed magic number as such
    Signature

    YT is TV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blake.quintero
    Even if you have less links, the link quality (content links, relevancy) is vital.
    Signature

    YT is TV

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988460].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kevin timothy
      Originally Posted by blake.quintero View Post

      Even if you have less links, the link quality (content links, relevancy) is vital.
      Well said...perfect! This is true so don't sleep on this tip.
      Signature
      Your Funnel is Waiting. Fill It With Unlimited Leads
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mad.hat
    Originally Posted by rinor81 View Post

    Hey guys,
    So I know it's crucial to build backlinks to your site and it's best done gradually all the time.
    I use article submission and blog posting but my question is - How many links a day is it a good amount and not a "spam" by Google?

    Another thing that bothers me is that I have a site and everytime I submit a new article (and believe me it's 1-2 tops and not everyday) Google decides to "play" with it and drop it a little in rankings, just after publishing the article, what is that? A Google dance again?

    It's not a new site, maybe 2 years online, the keyword I used to promote it was on place 17, now dropped to 22 and the top was 12th place....any ideas? How can I get it to page 1 if Google does the opposite everytime I submit a new article with this keyword as anchor text???

    Thank you all.
    There is no such thing as too many when it comes to backlinks. If you are dropping in the rankings then you should be building more backlinks. You site is not dropping in the SERPs because you are building too many backlinks.
    Signature
    They All Told Me Making Money Online Was Just A Scam For The Gullible... Even Though I Was Already Pulling In $1k/Day. Now You Say My Resellers Can Not Make $1k/day But...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rinor81
      Cool...then lets that link building process continue!

      I'm not using any software, prefer to build manually, your thoughts?
      Comments on blogs with the anchor text works? Or do people see it as spam? Bear in mind I do answer to the point and topic, only my anchor text is my keyword to my site so...
      1) Does it looked upon as spam?
      2) Does blog commenting really works?

      Thank you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988548].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mad.hat
        Originally Posted by rinor81 View Post

        Cool...then lets that link building process continue!

        I'm not using any software, prefer to build manually, your thoughts?
        Comments on blogs with the anchor text works? Or do people see it as spam? Bear in mind I do answer to the point and topic, only my anchor text is my keyword to my site so...
        1) Does it looked upon as spam?
        2) Does blog commenting really works?

        Thank you.
        1) If you're adding value to the site through your comment then the blog owner generally will let you have a backlink.
        2) Yes, blog commenting really works.

        Even if you prefer to create backlinks manually its not a bad idea to pick up some tools to help you with other aspects. Of course, ScrapeBox is the obvious choice when it comes to blog commenting. You can find tons of high pr, relevant blogs with ScrapeBox and also manually comment on them.
        Signature
        They All Told Me Making Money Online Was Just A Scam For The Gullible... Even Though I Was Already Pulling In $1k/Day. Now You Say My Resellers Can Not Make $1k/day But...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988696].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rinor81
          Originally Posted by mad.hat View Post

          1) If you're adding value to the site through your comment then the blog owner generally will let you have a backlink.
          2) Yes, blog commenting really works.

          Even if you prefer to create backlinks manually its not a bad idea to pick up some tools to help you with other aspects. Of course, ScrapeBox is the obvious choice when it comes to blog commenting. You can find tons of high pr, relevant blogs with ScrapeBox and also manually comment on them.
          Thank you!
          I will look for the ScrapeBox now.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2988754].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kevin timothy
        Originally Posted by rinor81 View Post

        Cool...then lets that link building process continue!

        I'm not using any software, prefer to build manually, your thoughts?
        Comments on blogs with the anchor text works? Or do people see it as spam? Bear in mind I do answer to the point and topic, only my anchor text is my keyword to my site so...
        1) Does it looked upon as spam?
        2) Does blog commenting really works?

        Thank you.
        The first time I saw months old blog comment of mine show up in Google, I almost jumped out of my PC chair. The blog commenting does work but works even better when the backlink you leave relates to what's going on. Also, when all else fails (or if you aren't sure of which domain to backlink) use the URL to the profile of a site with a high PR. ex....Facebook profile, Twitter profile, Flickr profile, Myspace, or Yahoo Pulse! Heck, use your profile in a forum of your choice. Just remember, start with the higher PR sites first.
        Signature
        Your Funnel is Waiting. Fill It With Unlimited Leads
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialbookmark
    It depends on the age,quality and number of backlinks of your website. If you have an aged domain and it has thousands of backlinks yet, you can build a lot of backlinks daily for example 500 backlinks per day but if its new and doesn't has a lot of backlinks, you just can make about 20 backlinks per day. But no one can give you an exact statistics about it.
    Signature

    I love warriorforum.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author angel21
    Thanks I will add other backlinks to my site also
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2990080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pjman
    As long as you make it look natural, link numbers are irrelevant.

    What is naturally?

    Well for CNN, they probably receive 10,000 links a day. But for soccer web site maybe 25 links a day. Now if CNN jumps out and has a day with 35,000 links might set off a flag. For the guy with 25, 100 would set off a flag.

    Just stay within your own boundaries. Also vary your URLs and anchor text format.

    let's say I was pushing soccer balls at http://www.myballs.com/soccer/

    I would use at least 20 different anchors. One with a misspelling. I would also push these URLs:

    http://www.myballs.com/soccer/
    http://myballs.com/soccer/
    www.myballs.com/soccer/
    myballs.com/soccer/
    myballs.com/soccer

    Because that's how people naturally link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2991378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joshua Rigley
    Banned
    The number of the backlinks doesn't matter so much as their quality. A site can get millions of backlinks in a single day, because they post some info on a very hot topic (ie, Micheal Jackson's death), and google will not penalize.

    One train of thought is to start small, and gradually increase the number of backlinks you build each day to show google that your site is getting more popular.

    You should focus on creating high quality link worthy content, and let the backlinks for SEO take care of themselves.

    Once you get some good content up, you'll want to find popular sites in your niche to get links for traffic from, like forums and blogs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2991546].message }}

Trending Topics