Traffic from Squidoo and Hubpages

23 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I saw there was another thread comparing the two services, and it appeared to me that people were using them for the links (SEO). But what about the traffic? Are you getting any traffic? Any tricks to increasing it?

(and here is my account. if you have any advice, I welcome it)
#hubpages #squidoo #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author GuerrillaIM
    I find hubpages really easy to rank for longtails so I upload article to it and link it to my landing page. That generates traffic if the hub ranks in google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2996416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    Ok, understood. So better to write articles about less competitive terms yes?

    Anything else that will get traffic besides seo?
    For example, what about making friends and liking each other's articles or becoming fans, etc. ?
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2996738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GuerrillaIM
    I do get traffic from inside hubpages but I dont think it turns into sales. The main goal for me is to capture someone when they are in a buying frame of mind.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2997563].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    If you make friends and are active within the community then your hubpage or Squidoo lens might get more attention and possibly rank higher and you can possibly make sales with them.

    I personally just use them for backlinks, but I know others use them as pages that promote Amazon products for example.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2997632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author peter gibson
    Quick somewhat topical question: does anyone know if hubpages still has to achieve a certain "score" before the link becomes a dofollow link? I remember it used to be your hub had to get to 70 before the thing was valid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2997668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dalyinx
    I get good traffic from hubpages for longtails. It has a good internal linking structure, so you usually don't need any sort of backlinks or anything unless the term has over 1200 or so allintitles. Even then, it might rank if it's well-optimized.
    Signature
    , and it only goes to show ... you know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I personally found that well optimized squidoo lenses rank very easily in the search engines.

    I use to use then as a way to get traffic to my squeeze pages by ranking them in the search engines after finding what keywords were converting well with ppc.

    As far as getting traffic directly from squidoo, I had a top 25 ranked lens before and it really didn't get me that much traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    Thanks, I am getting the idea. It seems most people just use Squidoo to rank for long takes and then hopefully direct that traffic over to their site. It makes sense. Squidoo is a pagerank 8 domain, so likely long tails will rank there.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998762].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keyuria
    To get traffic to your hubpages and squidoo, you can use onlywire for distributing it among other networks free of charge and try to get some traffic to hubpages and squidoo.
    Imagine one thing, the traffic that you get from such social networks most prominently are targetted traffic otherwise they would not click on the link to arrive at your page. Simple as that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Josh Kotsay
    Hubpages is great. I get quite a bit of traffic from some of my hubs and they can rank really well in the SERPS. Just make sure to do some link building for them as well and treat them as you would your own site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2998893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AFI
    I need help generating traffic so bad. It's my weakest area. I don't get very much from my Hubpages either. They're really just a backlink for me.
    Signature

    Learn about Internet Marketing from my dofollow comment blog.....Make Extra Money At Home...
    I WILL BUILD YOU YOUR OWN CUSTOM AMAZON REVIEW SITE - HUNDREDS SOLD!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2999720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lincolngsd
    Squidoo is one of the highest sources of traffic on my site. I post informative, educational lenses and get a pretty high CTR from the lenses themselves, but not from my profile.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3005409].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dvduval
      Originally Posted by AFI View Post

      I need help generating traffic so bad. It's my weakest area. I don't get very much from my Hubpages either. They're really just a backlink for me.
      It's sounds like some people are getting the traffic, but they know something you and I don't.

      Originally Posted by lincolngsd View Post

      Squidoo is one of the highest sources of traffic on my site. I post informative, educational lenses and get a pretty high CTR from the lenses themselves, but not from my profile.
      That's great. I am assuming they relate to German Shepherd (as in your sig). I would love to see some example lenses that actually send traffic your way (can PM if you prefer). It just helps to see something that is producing, as I'm sure there are many lenses that produce little or nothing.
      Signature
      It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046978].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tandren544
        So the theme I'm getting from this is these two aren't as effective for backlinking, but drive great traffic?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3046999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmoore
    Squidoo Works MUCH better than Hubpages (in my experience).

    I have 10 lenses in Squidoo that get over 1,000 visits per week (one of them gets 3,000 per week). Out of that traffic, about 400-500 hit my site and about 5-8 will buy my product.

    * When I was focusing on list building, these 10 lenses accounted for 50 opt-ins per day to my list.

    1) The key is to make a 7 module lens that is a great resource for the keyword you are targeting. Make it really useful and entertaining.

    2) Link build for a few months on it using the typical link building methods discussed on WF.

    3) Use you SEO knowledge to drive it to the top 2-3 position in Google for your target keyword.

    4) In the middle of your lens put a module that creates major curiosity to click over to your site or an affiliate site. You have to make sure this is your best looking graphic. A large Istock photo of the best quality, etc.

    Honestly...Squidoo done properly is a great way to create the seed money to fund the rest of your internet marketing business. The cool thing is that you can use it directly to sell affiliate products first, but as soon as you are ready to list build...you can change out the affiliate pre-sales to direct people to your opt-in page instead.

    -Rusty
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author x3xsolxdierx3x
      There are some here who would say you should absolutely never use a website that you, yourself, don't own. :rolleyes:

      Originally Posted by rmoore View Post

      Squidoo Works MUCH better than Hubpages (in my experience).

      I have 10 lenses in Squidoo that get over 1,000 visits per week (one of them gets 3,000 per week). Out of that traffic, about 400-500 hit my site and about 5-8 will buy my product.

      * When I was focusing on list building, these 10 lenses accounted for 50 opt-ins per day to my list.

      1) The key is to make a 7 module lens that is a great resource for the keyword you are targeting. Make it really useful and entertaining.

      2) Link build for a few months on it using the typical link building methods discussed on WF.

      3) Use you SEO knowledge to drive it to the top 2-3 position in Google for your target keyword.

      4) In the middle of your lens put a module that creates major curiosity to click over to your site or an affiliate site. You have to make sure this is your best looking graphic. A large Istock photo of the best quality, etc.

      Honestly...Squidoo done properly is a great way to create the seed money to fund the rest of your internet marketing business.
      The cool thing is that you can use it directly to sell affiliate products first, but as soon as you are ready to list build...you can change out the affiliate pre-sales to direct people to your opt-in page instead.

      -Rusty
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3069072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    Thanks, Rusty! That is exactly what I was looking for!
    Any particular reason you said 7 modules? That seems rather specific.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3047207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skidog30
    I'm curious as well about what modules you are using and how exactly do you have links to your site? in the link list, or within the text as clickable links or something? I've made a few lenses, but am just getting started.

    Thanks all for the help, and Happy Holidays,
    Chris
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3068953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skidog30
    I agree, but want to see how folks are using these social sites as traffic generators. Anyone doing it have any suggestions on how to set up these lenses to best do that?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3077079].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rwsseo
      I created squidoo lense and hubpage but i don't get traffic from it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3078095].message }}

Trending Topics