I’ll be documenting my progress on the blog in my sig and in this thread. The blog includes pics that I haven't attached here.
To give you a better idea of the position I’m starting this challenge from here are a few statistics.
1. As of today the website ranks 60th worldwide on Google for its most-searched-for keyword according to Search Engine Genie.
2. Site usage statistics for the week of December 13-19 2010 during which the site made its record $1+/day average adsense revenue: 122 visits, 459 pageviews, 3.76 pages/visit, 42.62% bounce rate, 00:01:31 average time on site, 90% new visits.
3. Traffic sources were divided up as follows: 86% search engines, 9% referring sites, 4% direct traffic. Also of note is that 86% of the traffic came from Canada while 10% came from the US. This is one statistic in particular that I expect to change drastically as one of my goals is to add a large amount of US-specific content to the site.
Ground Rules for the Challenge
1. No paid traffic. This is partly because I don’t have the money to spend, but mostly because I don’t want to try to figure out arbitrage between PPC or PPV advertising and AdSense.
2. Part of the challenge is to force myself to add new content (at least 1 page) every day.
3. While the ultimate goal is to reach $100/day I’ll be keeping track of milestones along the way like: new peak revenue for one day/week/month, as well as new averages like $2/day, $5/day, $10/day etc.
4. I’ll also post updates on traffic statistics and search engine rankings.