Don't worry - no WSO here.
After much deliberation between purchasing Article Marketing Robot (AMR) and Article Demon (AD), I opted for AD. Yes, AD is a little bit pricey-er than AMR (AD=$127), but in the long run, the extras will hopefully be worth it.
FYI, AMR's biggest advantage over AD has been the number of article directories it comes with. Well, AD has been countering that, and now comes with about 1,400 directories. Plus, AD has a cleaner and more user friendly interface, a built in article spinner, a scheduler, and some other trick features.
I figured, even though I haven't been a member here for very long, I'd give a little back and do an objective case study. The primary purpose will be to test the effectiveness of the backlinks generated (using AD) to boost the search engine rankings of one of my websites.
The site I will be featuring in this study turns two-weeks old tomorrow; it is already optimized and is setting on the second page of Google. It's been holding steady at #16 for the past few days (after bouncing around a bit).
The key-phrase isn't terribly competitive, as you may have already guessed with my two-week ranking. There are about 1,000,000 total pages and 1,600 competing. The search term receives approximately 1,900 exact match searches per month. It's a "how to..." phrase and my site is selling a corresponding "how to...ebook."
DAY #1 (Jan. 29th)
As of right now, I have an article ready to go and am in the process of setting up all the directory accounts. I am planning on submitting my article to about 300 directories over the next couple of weeks. Even though many may feel this is too fast, it will take some time for Google to find all of the articles, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
I will update this post in one week. Look for it Saturday, Febuary 5th. I will also share with you any traffic that is generated through the articles themselves, as well as, how my ebook is selling.
DAY #4 (Feb. 2nd)
I know it's a bit early as I said I wasn't going to do an update until Saturday (Feb. 5th - DAY #7), however, I just checked my test site and it's #1 (Again, this isn't the most competitive keyphrase). It must have -just- landed there as I was on earlier today and it was at #10. I haven't experienced any search volume yet. For the key phrase, there are supposedly 1,900 exact match searches/month.
My process so far: I began creating accounts and submitting articles via AD on "DAY #1." I've been doing this in intervals and in my spare time. As of today, I have created around 250 accounts, however, many of the accounts in question do not have categories that fit my article (at all). That said, I have around 173 submitted articles. Out of those, only 25 have been published so far.
We'll see if my site stays there, bounces around, or is sand-boxed . I'll report back Saturday (as planned).
PS - If there are any notable search volume and/or income results, I'll add some screenshots to this thread (if I'm allowed to with my current noobie status).
DAY #9 (Feb. 7th)
A little off my schedule; I was suppose to update this case study on "DAY #7" - we all know who life goes.
Alright, shortly after my last post (DAY #4), my root domain/site disappeared. Well actually, according to Rank Checker, it dropped from #1 down to #161. Was kinda expecting that. However, a page of my site then appeared at #10 and remained there until now.
Well today, I checked and my root domain/site is at #7.
According to Site Explorer, my site is showing 3 backlinks via the article submissions I made with AD. Nothing major to report on as far as traffic and earnings yet. Are these 3 article links responsible for my new ranking? Who knows, I'm sure they contributed.
I must say, even though the results in this situation are somewhat promising (considering the low competition). I'm a bit disappointed in AD. The interface, spinner, layout, etc. are all top-notch; however, the success rate from article directory account creation to published articles is only about 10% (in this example). That is, thus far, I've created 250 accounts with the intention of submitting articles to ALL. Still, only 27 articles have made it through to being published (that's only 2 more since my last update 5 days ago).
I am going to continue this week by doubling my efforts and creating/submitting to another 250 directories using AD. I shoot for Saturday, February 12th for the next update.
The saga continues...