You just arrived at the 100 day Adsense challenge in which my coach and Google Adsense expert Matt Helphrey, and I are aiming to rank a website for different keywords on the top spots of Google. It took some time to put this thing together, it took a lot of courage to start this challenge, prepare everything, plan the steps, but now it becomes reality. I think that Matt and I are fully going to crack Sir Google and reach this goal.
Matt is an awesome guy, and definitely one of the buddies you want to work and hang around with.
I would really love to earn 100$ per day passively with just Google Adsense. However the SEXY passive income is missing (you know what I mean), and I bet that most of you guys love it as well! I´ll do whatever it takes to reach my goal, but it´s up to Google and how fast he ranks my posts and pages.
Start 07.02.2011 – End 17.05.2011 (should be 100 days, but please correct me if I´m wrong)
Time to get back to the goal.. Let´s talk about our plan for the next 100 days.
I already created 50 blog posts for a pretty broad niche which are uploaded on my blog, and fully optimized for SEO. We´ll be creating 20-30 blog posts per month, for the next 3 months or 100 days. During the 100 days Matt and I will be focusing on ranking our posts for the blog, so that we´ll increase our daily unique visitors and also click through rate. As you probably know the better your ads are placed, and the more visitors you get the higher your CTR becomes. We are going to work 5 days per week Monday – Friday - Sorry but I´m a bit lazy haha – maybe some Saturdays.
Because of security and personal reasons I can´t tell you the name of the site, nor what the content is about. However, I´ll post once per week (each Monday) a review from our results, about the current situation and standpoint from our current standpoint. It will be posted on my personal blog which is www.GeraldGigerl.com, but also here @WarriorForum. I´ll be updating the challenge, and will make a note on the top of the thread on which site you´ll find the updates, so that you don´t have to search for them like crazy. Screenshots from my Google analytics will be updated once or twice per week.
My website is new, just purchased the domain for about a week ago, it has zero backlinks right now, and they´re all going to be build in the next 100 days and also after that.
It is a broad niche with many different categories and keywords. Some are more competitive, some less.
2) Correct Mental Fitness
3) Physical Fitness
4) Just doing it!
This is my favorite aspect of the business. I think it is important, what the **** it´s absolutely NECESSARY to be in the right mental, physical attitude and sustain fitness to make something happen in the industry. I know that some people only care about the technical aspect, but if you are not in shape you´ll get problems when things start running badly. I learned this from poker years ago. It is everywhere the same.
Here are some quick tips and also insight on how we guys are going to do the On Page Optimization (not all of the points count for our Google Adsense challenge, because we want to increase our CTR)
1) Start with the headline. This is what I learned from one of my mentors Ryan Yokome. This is probably the most important step to open the door for visitors. If your headline is bad, unspecific, boring and not attracting readers to read through your post, they are gone. On the other hand, if you´re content is intellectual, well defined and LITERALLY asking the viewer and inviting him or her to come in – you did a lot right. I use there a little tool which is damn sexy for this purpose - it is called Headline Analyzer and have been accomplishing way heavier results this way.
For instance: You want to become good at it, and this needs practice and understanding. A headline such as: “3 Tips To A Better Business” – is not so ATTRACTIVE like: “How To VIRTUALLY Acquire Business Skills That Most People Do NOT Have”. You want to trigger an emotional reaction by the reader, and the best way to do is to write freaking attractive content. Use the tool stated above, and you also want to stay above 70%+ to be an intellectual writer. This is learnable my friend. I mean, my English is still quite broken but I attract clients, students and also readers to my sites because I focus on providing UNIQUE information that most others don´t have.
2) Use the keyword in the first and last sentence. If you miss that your overall SEO score drastically decreases. We´re only focused on Google because it´s the mature search engine and used by more people than MSN, Yahoo and Bing combined. Google wants to see content that is specific and giving information to the searchers and readers. If this is the case – you´ll rank higher.
3) Use H1-H3 tags with keyword throughout the text. Again, it´s giving Sir Google what he asks for, nothing more. Carefully repeating keywords means that you´re constant with what you want to bring, basically, with the message that´s coming through your message, and that´s extremely good for our ranking.
4) Keyword Density: A general rule is to be between 2-4%, but don´t get higher UNLESS there´s a reason for a higher keyword density. I like to stay between 3-4% because that´s the save area for me. A way to check this, is by comparing the first 10 search results in Google for your “keyword”. Go ahead and see what the competition is doing. What´s the average keyword density from these folks? Very important.
5) Use LSI keywords throughout the text. You might be thinking. What the **** are LSI keywords? There´s another little tool which I´ve been using called LSIkeywords.com. Now, what this tool does is it estimates the additional keywords which have been used the most for one particular keyword in the top 5 or 10 results in Google. Google loves this as well, and this is a dummy way to get noticed for the long term. Check the words and two words from this checker tool and apply it.
6) Bold, italic, underline your main keyword at least once per text. If your post is above 1000 you can do it twice. The more content you´ve the oftener you´ve to use it. But not too often, because this might look spammy.
7) Hyperlink your keyword or related keywords (LSI) to wikipedia to relevant content. Make sure to also put in a title (your keyword) when you click on the link symbol. Find relevant information on wikipedia. I`m going to link to wikipedia at least once for each 500 word of content.
8) Outbound Link Strategy: Some people might tell you to always use the exact keyword or keyword phrase for pointing to an authority site as wikipedia. That´s not optimal. You want to use 60-70% the main keyword, around 20-30% related keywords (such as tips, website etc.. – in this post), and around 10-15% a variety of other words or phrases. Don´t forget that it has to be as natural as possible.
9) Add at least 1 image with alt tag set to your keyword. When it comes to “alt tag set” – always use your keyword, because than it will be found in the search engines by your keyword. In this case website optimization tips.
10) Create at least 500 words of content for your keyword. Search engines love long pieces of content. Pages should be above 800 words.
11) Link to one of your posts or pages per piece of content. Again don´t use to 100% the keyword, follow the tips outlined in point 8.
12) Link once per content to related articles, videos, press releases etc with the variation illustrated in point 8.
13) Use All in One SEO plugin for wordpress and mention the keyword in the title tag, title , description, keywords. Add something around 5 keywords so that you don´t look spammy (related ones).
14) Run every content through copyscape.com - It´s just $ 0.05 per search and very affordable, and avoids copyright issues with your competition.
The On Page formula has been gained from various sources, and had pretty good success with it so far. The off Page SEO formula is from Matt. Personally, I´ve been using most of the stuff he uses, but differently. However, for this Killer Challenge we´ll be using his module, because he accomplished his monetary goal with it.
I really love sharing this thread with you, and I hope you will extremely benefit from it. We´ll post updates at the end of this thread. Screen shots will be provided below, on my personal blog..
There´s a lot more to say, but this should be it for right now. Make sure to stay tuned on and follow the challenge – PROVIDED YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT MAKING MONEY ONLINE!
If You Found This Post Valuable - Please Hit The Thanks Button Under My Signature!
My best wishes,
1st Week 02.07 - 02.13.2011
2nd Week 02.14 - 02.20.2011
3rd Week 02.21 - 02.27.2011
4th Week 02.28 - 03.06.2011
5th Week 03.07 - 03.13.2011
6th Week 03.14 - 03.20.2011
7th Week 03.21 - 03.27.2011
8th Week 03.28 - 04.03.2011
9th Week 04.04 - 04.10.2011
10th Week 04.11 - 04.17.2011
11th Week 04.18 - 04.24.2011