Yahoo and Bing? Do you care?

15 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Do you use yahoo or bing?
Is it similar to google?
Backlinks?
#bing #care #yahoo
  • Profile picture of the author SEOChief
    Personally speaking I optimize my pages for Google and build backlinks for all search engines. I don't necessarily target strategies within these "lesser" search engines, but I know building quality backlinks in strategic ways will solve this very easily. This also includes ASK & Altavista plus other search engine directories that don't pull as much weight as Google in today's current market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3316380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WilsonA
    Originally Posted by TomBuck View Post

    Do you use yahoo or bing?
    Is it similar to google?
    Backlinks?
    Focus on google and you should rank easily with some of the other ones, I have had sites that didn't get where I wanted to rank in google but they got ranked on some of the other ones, so focus on google and the others will come.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3316473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faceblogger
    I never care yahoo or bing. It's only google!!!!
    Signature

    no sig

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3316668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Liew
    I have sites that rank #1 on yahoo but are not even on page 1 on Google for the same keyword search. So I would say focus on Google and the rest will just follow.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3316752].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Yahoo and Bing now hold about 30% of the market so there is no reason to ignore them. The good news is that ranking for google usually has the same effect on Bing.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3316952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faysal969
    Originally Posted by TomBuck View Post

    Do you use yahoo or bing?
    Is it similar to google?
    Backlinks?
    I never think about any one particular search engine. I work thinking about Google and it also works for every others.
    Signature
    Learn SEO, Affiliate Marketing, CPA, and Make Money Online !!!!!!!

    Keep your house pest free and be healthy, wealthy, and happy. Get Rid of House Insects. :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3317033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wilsonm
      Right now no but that could all change in a year or so ad Bing seems to be making strides. But the way how do you optimise for Yahoo and Bing? I don't have much problem with Google but others seem different beasts altogether.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3317100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Barton
    I would say that I focus on Google, but I definitely pay attention to Bing/Yahoo as well. In general, if you rank well in Google then Bing and Yahoo will follow. When you read the ranking guidelines for Bing/Yahoo, they seem to be where Google was a year or two ago which is why your rankings may not line up.

    For example, I don't believe that Bing/Yahoo take into account the nofollow tag. However, if your overall SEO strategy is strong, it will work out for all three eventually.
    Signature

    --Andrew

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author l23bc
    Prefer Organic and here's why (Based on my experience)

    Google
    Have run PPC in Adwords with a help of a qualified Adwords manager who i still have For my PPc Campaigns when i use Google But I have more great experience rolling up my sleeves and getting offline SEO and ONline SEo sorted out Recently such as Article marketing, Backlink and press releases which 2 of my sites have sat on Page one for quite some time for all the hard work. As matt curtis had recently said it is about quantity not quality. When i have ran Campaigns on ppc my budject has been varied and well...Exhusted before i even hit page one sometime and that is why i am a firm Beleiver now in Organic methods.

    Bing&yahoo

    There has been talks of bing and yahoo having a dominat share but to be honest i have never used any of them because Yahoo's own PPC is Quick daunting because of payment terms(Adding your credit cared before you placed your campagn up and running) While Google is just standard set up your adverts and post pay billing which makes more easy to run capaigns and split test.

    Hope that helps
    andrew
    Signature

    No Link here or Nothing to Promote Just a Old Happy Warrior User reading Topics

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hearme
    Yahoo/bing have almost the same searching structure some of my websites are doing good on these search engines but still struggling on google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gittar1122
    Google is holding 65-70% of search market share, then why would you care for the rest 30% which is being shared by Yahoo, Bing, Ask and AOL. So targeting one search engine (Google) will benefit.

    I never optimized, even never thought of optimizing my sites for Yahoo or Bing, like other people I am targeting Google and my sites rankings improving in Yahoo and Bing as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
      Originally Posted by gittar1122 View Post

      Google is holding 65-70% of search market share, then why would you care for the rest 30% which is being shared by Yahoo, Bing, Ask and AOL. So targeting one search engine (Google) will benefit.
      I think a better question would be why shouldnt you care?

      Something like 95%+ of that remaining 30% is shared between Yahoo and Bing.

      I don't think anyone would not care about an 29.5% more income.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hitecballer
    I would focus on Google because from what I see on my sites analytics 85% of SEO traffic comes from Google. You have to apply the 80/20 Rule and like other guys are saying if you do proper SEO work in Google it will oftwn spill down to Yahoo and Bing.

    For Bing:
    Remember to submit your sites with their webmaster tools to get your site noticed
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaiserthesage
    Google all the way. But if you have competitive keywords already ranking on Bing or Yahoo's SERP's top page, then better take advantage of it and try to reach the top 3 spots, given that they can still do generate relevant traffic.
    Signature

    Co-founder and CEO of Grit and Xight Interactive. Author of Kaiserthesage. Follow me on Twitter @jasonacidre

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3318986].message }}

Trending Topics