16 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I want to change the content oh h1 and h2 tags.but i cant find where they are in my worpdress themes.
i have no knowledge of css but good knowledge of html but in wp they only allow to work with css( according to what i saw)
can anyone tell me how to do this?
#tags
  • Profile picture of the author K_tir
    Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

    I want to change the content oh h1 and h2 tags.but i cant find where they are in my worpdress themes.
    i have no knowledge of css but good knowledge of html but in wp they only allow to work with css( according to what i saw)
    can anyone tell me how to do this?
    go to your post > edit > format menu > choose "Heading 1" for H1 And "Heading 2" for H2.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amitdante
      Originally Posted by K_tir View Post

      go to your post > edit > format menu > choose "Heading 1" for H1 And "Heading 2" for H2.
      I can't find format menu
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379841].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author K_tir
        Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

        I can't find format menu
        Importance of Heading Tag In SEO | Inficone
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379859].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
        Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

        I can't find format menu
        At the end of the line is a box, click it and another set of boxes opens up.

        At the beginning it says "paragraph", this is the format menu, change this to "Heading 1" or 2 or whatever.

        Job done.
        Signature

        Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379875].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author amitdante
          Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

          At the end of the line is a box, click it and another set of boxes opens up.

          At the beginning it says "paragraph", this is the format menu, change this to "Heading 1" or 2 or whatever.

          Job done.
          HI Richard sir.
          After a long time.

          there is no such option named paragraph or anything.
          I m feeling so sad. I know its not very hard to set up header tags but with wordpress I am new and also it is not a html file so i can edit.
          I checked all option on my post edit page and found nothing like it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379992].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
            Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

            HI Richard sir.
            After a long time.

            there is no such option named paragraph or anything.
            I m feeling so sad. I know its not very hard to set up header tags but with wordpress I am new and also it is not a html file so i can edit.
            I checked all option on my post edit page and found nothing like it.
            It is there Amit.

            Go to the post page. You see the "Bold" and "Italic" boxes? At the opposite end, the last box, has some little dots or small squares in it. It's the last box next to the one that looks like a television. Click this and a new row of boxes appear underneath.

            The first box says "Paragragh" and has an arrow next to it, click the arrow and you have "heading 1" in there.

            This is the same for a Wordpress.com site or a self hosted version.

            It is there because I just checked with both.

            This actually one of the easiest things you'll have to do.

            I'm fine thanks, how are you? I hope your not spending all your time in the cafe and are attending college this time?
            Signature

            Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3380086].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author amitdante
              Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

              It is there Amit.

              Go to the post page. You see the "Bold" and "Italic" boxes? At the opposite end, the last box, has some little dots or small squares in it. It's the last box next to the one that looks like a television. Click this and a new row of boxes appear underneath.

              The first box says "Paragragh" and has an arrow next to it, click the arrow and you have "heading 1" in there.

              This is the same for a Wordpress.com site or a self hosted version.

              It is there because I just checked with both.

              This actually one of the easiest things you'll have to do.

              I'm fine thanks, how are you? I hope your not spending all your time in the cafe and are attending college this time?
              I am at home now and i got that format button
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3380143].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kayfrank
        You should see it just above where you write your post. You'll probably see something like paragraph - click on the arrow head next to it and you'll get a drop down menu and will find the headings you want.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author matt5409
    Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

    I want to change the content oh h1 and h2 tags.but i cant find where they are in my worpdress themes.
    i have no knowledge of css but good knowledge of html but in wp they only allow to work with css( according to what i saw)
    can anyone tell me how to do this?
    just out of interest how do you know html but not css?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amitdante
      Originally Posted by matt5409 View Post

      just out of interest how do you know html but not css?
      i know html but have no idea about css... whats hard to digest in it for you?:confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379820].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author matt5409
        Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

        i know html but have no idea about css... whats hard to digest in it for you?:confused:
        well they go hand in hand. they are horse and carriage.

        at least, they should be...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3380021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shirlyn
    Hi, You can find CSS of your blog in appearance at the bottom of the Wordpress when you logged via your correct User name details.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andreasnrb
    Need some clarifications.
    Are you using wordpress.com or is self hosted?
    Are you referring to the actual content in posts?
    If not, are you referring to the visitor side? Most themes use h2 tags for single posts and pages. So you would need to check the files of the WordPress theme your are using. Check post.php and page.php.
    Signature
    Excellent product, Excellent support, great for affiliate marketers (Amazon, ClickBank etc)
    http://andreasnurbo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3379942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chrissy Allen
    Hey Team,

    Ive got a similar issue here,

    Im trying to do my on page seo and when i check my url out using market samurai, it is saying that the head tag does not contain my keyword, basically you would need to be familiar with market samurai but there is a colum that has title, url, desc, and head each one should have a Y underneath if it is seo'd my head tag has a NO which i think means i need to add my keyword to my <H1> tag which i have absolutely no idea how to do.

    If any can help please do so, i would appreciate it

    Thanks

    Chunkynuts
    Signature

    Chris Allen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3404655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author signity2
    Everyone here are very much experienced to help you, you are lucky enough
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3404698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pons_saravanan
    Originally Posted by amitdante View Post

    I want to change the content oh h1 and h2 tags.but i cant find where they are in my worpdress themes.
    i have no knowledge of css but good knowledge of html but in wp they only allow to work with css( according to what i saw)
    can anyone tell me how to do this?
    FYI H1, H2 tags primarily belongs to HTML and you can have the respective class in CSS.

    If you know html and prefer to edit HTML By hand. Then find the tab HTML in the upper right corner of the editor. Once you have clicked that tab, you can view the HTML code of the actual text you had typed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3407458].message }}

Trending Topics