11 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I'm working on a few Niche sites and noticed strong traffic for terms in my market such as "Best Product Name"

Like "Best Laundry Detergent."

I was planning on using these terms for an affiliate review site. Seems someone searching for the best of something would be pretty motivated to buy right?

Am I correct in assuming that this keyword could rank pretty well if it's part of longtail keyword such as "Best Laundry Detergent Under $10" also?

Just looking for some validation that I am on the right track. Thanks for any help.
#domain #question #seo
  • Profile picture of the author ryanlucht
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but yeah, if you rank well for "best laundry detergent", you'll probably rank well for "best laundry detergent under $10" too. Just do a little basic SEO for the latter, and you'll be fine. A domain of bestlaundrydetergent.com or mybestlaundrydetergent.com or buybestlaundrydetergent.com would work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413328].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
      Originally Posted by ryanlucht View Post

      I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but yeah, if you rank well for "best laundry detergent", you'll probably rank well for "best laundry detergent under $10" too. Just do a little basic SEO for the latter, and you'll be fine. A domain of bestlaundrydetergent.com or mybestlaundrydetergent.com or buybestlaundrydetergent.com would work.
      Actually out of the 3 domains he listed, the best one is bestlaundrydetergent.com because it is broader. You can than target all terms under that domain with diffrent pages and content.
      Signature

      Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
      Invest in domains without the hard work !
      Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413344].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mindmarketing
        Originally Posted by FreshDomains View Post

        Actually out of the 3 domains he listed, the best one is bestlaundrydetergent.com because it is broader. You can than target all terms under that domain with diffrent pages and content.
        Do you think someone searching for "Best Laundry Detergent" would be as motivated to buy as a person searching "Laundry Detergent Reviews?"

        It seems like there are very equal traffic levels for both terms, so which would have the edge in terms on monetizing with an affiliate site?
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
    I think Best Laundry Detergent has a slight advantage as long as the search queries are the same for both. Also you might want to check competition for each.

    A question: Do you own these names already? or is this just a general example because those names are already taken?
    Signature

    Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
    Invest in domains without the hard work !
    Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mindmarketing
      Originally Posted by FreshDomains View Post

      I think Best Laundry Detergent has a slight advantage as long as the search queries are the same for both. Also you might want to check competition for each.

      A question: Do you own these names already? or is this just a general example because those names are already taken?
      I'm about to. There are a several Micro Niches I've been reviewing where these domains are an option with great competition and decent traffic.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413716].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mindmarketing
        For SEO would "TheBestLaundryDetergent.com" or "bestlaundrydetergent.info" be a better option?

        I know this debate is as old as Google, but I thought I'd ask.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413737].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike McAleer
          Originally Posted by mindmarketing View Post

          For SEO would "TheBestLaundryDetergent.com" or "bestlaundrydetergent.info" be a better option?

          I know this debate is as old as Google, but I thought I'd ask.
          Go with the .info I guess but really you could try both because the .info is only $1.99
          Signature

          Recent domain flips : $8->$1000 Social recruiting Software dot com $8->$2000 MobileSalesSoftware.com
          Invest in domains without the hard work !
          Email for details...Mike McAleer at me dot com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3414004].message }}
          • Been looking into this quite a bit lately too. From what I've found a long tail keyword in the domain will rank, it will juts take a bit longer than an exact domain name.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3414137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bmartinez1234
    I agree with the above comment. I think the keyword Best Laundry Detergent would be more likely to be used to make a buying decision.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413634].message }}
  • Doesn't matter, both would fit as the site is informational and has commercial tendencies.

    Backed up by a few reputed Internet Marketers, it is said that neither have an advantage when it comes to SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413867].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirkaliber
    I would get rid of 'the.' For one, it makes your url easier to remember and two, it condenses it. You don't want to have your url too long.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3413897].message }}

Trending Topics