Any way to get indexed quicker in google?

25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
All the keyword optimized articles I have written are showing up as not indexed by google and it's been like a month plus since I submitted them.

They are indexed in ezine by google but not for my site.

Could this be a reason why I've not seen improvement in in traffic since doing them?

It's a bummer cos I can be writing content and it is just catching dust.

Is there any way to speed up the indexing or do I just have to wait it out?
#google #indexed #quicker
  • Profile picture of the author Gibbzee
    You can either get backlinks to your articles from indexed sites (blog comments or forum profile urls) or you could ping them.

    It could be a reason why you aren't getting much traffic from them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    It has been my experience that especially for new sites it can take a little time to get internal pages indexed. Generally the way to get past that barrier faster is to get a link from a high traffic or high pagerank page (not site, but page).
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steadypay
    Hmm well I've been doing forums posting with my site in the sig. and one is from a high traffic forum.

    I haven't pinged them yet so that is something to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3431848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrwill
    Submit manually that's one of the tips

    Search engines hate automatic site submissions, honestly . They get millions of them every day and they have gone to great lengths to try to stop them as much as possible.

    These days, rather than simply indexing everything they come across, they like to rely on real people to notify them of new, legitimate sites. All the major search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo, have pages where you can make submissions yourself.

    there's no guarantee that your site will be indexed right away, but doing it this way can help speed up the process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3433704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
      Banned
      If your indexed EA articles are linking to your site, you should have been indexed easily by now. If you truly aren't indexed, I suspect it's because you have a noindex tag on your site somewhere, or if you're using wordpress, you might have the "don't index" feature turned on. If this isn't the case, then get more links to the actual pages you want to get indexed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3454124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author corsleymaxwell
      Originally Posted by mrwill View Post

      Submit manually that's one of the tips

      Search engines hate automatic site submissions, honestly . They get millions of them every day and they have gone to great lengths to try to stop them as much as possible.

      These days, rather than simply indexing everything they come across, they like to rely on real people to notify them of new, legitimate sites. All the major search engines, including Google, Bing, and Yahoo, have pages where you can make submissions yourself.

      there's no guarantee that your site will be indexed right away, but doing it this way can help speed up the process.

      This is so true. Manual submission is much better than automatic, I've noticed it too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3456751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designerjack
    You need other pages to link to them or Google can't assign it any importance of content. Google Alert is a great feature to help the indexing process, as the purpose of the tool was to help relevance for the searchers who want that query information.

    If you subscribe your site or keywords on Alerts, you can speed up the process
    for my opinion, when I have tested, and this works best if you build backlinks.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3433806].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steadypay
      Thanks some good tips here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ciidoctor
    you need some high quality natural links
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3434705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steadypay
    Hmm was just searching on the subject looking for autoping plugins for wordpress and it said that WP autopings ping-o-matic by default.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435067].message }}
  • Submit your XML sitemap to Google. Keep link building with high page ranked sites and Google will automatically index your site.
    Signature

    Subscribe to Hotel Book Save
    !!!Get Discount on every Booking!!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zimzalabim
    A little tactic I've enjoyed some success with to get new sites indexed by Google pretty quickly is to make a short video and submit that toYouTube making sure the main URL is the first thing typed in the description box on submission.

    The video doesn't need to be anything spectacular as it's just there for the link basically. A brief power-point style thing with either a little background music or your voice over is fine.

    Yours,

    Andy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RossChops
    Youtube works fine as does Reddit or Twitter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3435231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steadypay
    Ok, so I have pinged my site/some of my articles a few times, been bookmarking some of my articles and been submitting sitemap which it confirms google has accepted.

    Anything else to do other than wait with my fingers crossed now?

    It seems that google is indexing my front page quite regularly but nothing else. Some articles are indexed but there seems to be no chronological order to it- there is like one or two articles indexed -ones written at different times with many other articles in between- then huge gaps.

    I use 'teaser' format for my articles on front page and so when I do a " " search for a quote from an article it only shows up as indexed on the frontpage of my site by google not the actual page.

    Some are not indexed at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author happyguy
      Originally Posted by steadypay View Post

      Ok, so I have pinged my site/some of my articles a few times, been bookmarking some of my articles and been submitting sitemap which it confirms google has accepted.

      Anything else to do other than wait with my fingers crossed now?

      It seems that google is indexing my front page quite regularly but nothing else. Some articles are indexed but there seems to be no chronological order to it- there is like one or two articles indexed -ones written at different times with many other articles in between- then huge gaps.

      I use 'teaser' format for my articles on front page and so when I do a " " search for a quote from an article it only shows up as indexed on the frontpage of my site by google not the actual page.

      Some are not indexed at all.
      Hi, try this method that usually work for me.

      I rewrite the articles and submit them to blogs. e.g, blogspot, wikispace, wetpaint, etc.
      I get all the urls of the articles and ping them.
      I convert all the urls combined to rss and submit them to statusnet micro blog and rss sites and bookmarking sites.

      I normally see improvements in both traffic and serp movement.

      Do it and see if it works. It will as I do all the above after writing articles.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steadypay
    Thanks.

    I'm wondering if something else is wrong since it has been like 3 months now and still only a couple of my pages have been indexed in google even though I write content for it regular.

    I did only just do the pinging and bookmarking a cpl days ago though after making this thread.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Prady N
    Originally Posted by steadypay View Post

    All the keyword optimized articles I have written are showing up as not indexed by google and it's been like a month plus since I submitted them.

    They are indexed in ezine by google but not for my site.

    Could this be a reason why I've not seen improvement in in traffic since doing them?

    It's a bummer cos I can be writing content and it is just catching dust.

    Is there any way to speed up the indexing or do I just have to wait it out?
    I always submit my site to digg & it always works for me..some of my sites got indexed within hours with this method...

    Note: I use wordpress for most of my sites..& google loves wordpress..but even without wordpress it should get indexed within couple of days
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3452962].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author steadypay
      Originally Posted by yogk31 View Post

      I always submit my site to digg & it always works for me..some of my sites got indexed within hours with this method...

      Note: I use wordpress for most of my sites..& google loves wordpress..but even without wordpress it should get indexed within couple of days
      Is this the time it takes with a new site?

      I'm using wordpress too.

      Is there a way to contact a google representative cos something seems to have gone awry here...?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3453153].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Prady N
        Originally Posted by steadypay View Post

        Is this the time it takes with a new site?

        I'm using wordpress too.

        Is there a way to contact a google representative cos something seems to have gone awry here...?
        Yes it takes few hours to index brand new site.
        Definitely some this is going wrong....google doesn't take weeks to index your site. specially when your ezine is indexed.

        Are you using something like amazon astore, video plugin without
        giving original content? if that is the case then you have to add some original content & build strong backlinks to index your site.

        I don't know where to contact google for indexing issue as I never faced this kind of problem but you will most likely to get your answer on google webmaster forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3456662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author microunique
    Banned
    steadypay you should build more and more backlink
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3453187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steadypay
    I just submitted a sitemap manually through google webmaster tools.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3453344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jonnyhardbaked
    Do social bookmarking for fast indexing, I usually do it to help Google index my site, maybe it can help your article to be indexed.
    Signature

    Acquire an unlimited access to over 2,000 eBooks with unlimited Downloads and resale rights for only $55! Join me now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3454052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jhonsean
    I also use social bookmarking sites to index my site faster and It is effective for promoting the site in their related category.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3454146].message }}

Trending Topics