Ranking JUST with article 'blasts'?! Anyone do it/done it?

21 replies
  • SEO
  • |
I hate backlinking, but am happy writing, so a good and not too tedious way for me to get backlinks is to write decent articles (or rewrite them from my site), spin them (MANUALLY, so they actually read like ENGLISH in any combination) and submit via AMR to hundreds of article sites. Actually, I use a guy on Fiverr who does a good job and gets me at least 300 articles accepted in any given run.

If I could, that would be my ONLY backlinking method for my mini-niche sites as I find most other methods very boring. But I have only just ramped that up recently, with inconclusive results so far. What's your experience, is that not a diverse enough link profile? Has anyone ranked their sites JUST using this method? If not, I am happy to try, and report back
#article #blasts #it or done #ranking
  • Profile picture of the author dylan09
    i am interested in your plan of link building,any result?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadamson
    All depends on your competition and what they are doing for backlinks to determine how well article marketing will work for you.

    General results these days is fairly mediocre if you are just doing direct linking from the articles to your site as most of the articles tend to get de-indexed (or never even index) from the search engines before they have a chance to help your rankings.

    You might find it an uphill battle when you are spamming out so many articles but your backlinks count is staying the same.

    If you must use AM as your only backlinking source I suggest at least doing some RSS and social media to your better articles and tier 2 backlinking to keep some of the articles alive.

    These days it is about quality, not quantity.

    I'd much prefer to just submit a few articles a day and do some social bookmarking to them and generate some buzz to them and your website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markowe
    Well, it's a long time since I wrote that post. A lot has happened since then as I have developed my SEO techniques. The site I was trying to rank at the time I DID rank no. 1 MOSTLY using AMR (though that was pre-Panda, wonder if that makes any difference), but what I did notice was that trying to rank inner pages of the same site with AMR was pretty much not getting me anywhere - they just didn't move.

    My conclusion is that, except for some really easy long-tail keywords, AMR is not enough on its own nowadays. Actually, I have just made a new site that I tried blasting with AMR as soon as it was up, just for fun. It has disappeared off the face of the earth (it never got into the top 300 to begin with), which is pretty much what I expected, but I wouldn't exclude it reappearing in a better position in Google-Dance style at some point either. I will report back if I find anything interesting with that.
    Signature

    Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451769].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dadamson
      Originally Posted by markowe View Post

      Well, it's a long time since I wrote that post. A lot has happened since then as I have developed my SEO techniques. The site I was trying to rank at the time I DID rank no. 1 MOSTLY using AMR (though that was pre-Panda, wonder if that makes any difference), but what I did notice was that trying to rank inner pages of the same site with AMR was pretty much not getting me anywhere - they just didn't move.

      My conclusion is that, except for some really easy long-tail keywords, AMR is not enough on its own nowadays. Actually, I have just made a new site that I tried blasting with AMR as soon as it was up, just for fun. It has disappeared off the face of the earth (it never got into the top 300 to begin with), which is pretty much what I expected, but I wouldn't exclude it reappearing in a better position in Google-Dance style at some point either. I will report back if I find anything interesting with that.
      Right, should have checked the date!

      Assumed it was recent due to that spam post from that Dylan guy..

      Post Panda the article scene has changed a LOT.

      I used to rank pages with articles alone last year, now I have no chance.

      So what are you doing for backlinking these days? and how effective is it in comparison to AMR blasts?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451829].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author markowe
        Originally Posted by dadamson View Post

        Right, should have checked the date!

        Assumed it was recent due to that spam post from that Dylan guy..

        Post Panda the article scene has changed a LOT.

        I used to rank pages with articles alone last year, now I have no chance.

        So what are you doing for backlinking these days? and how effective is it in comparison to AMR blasts?
        Good question - what I am seeing working is more along the lines of creating Web 2.0 properties for my first tier and then blasting THOSE with AMR repeatedly. Also backlinking those AMR (tier 2) with more AMR articles (tier 3) to help indexing and get more juice going down the line. This has been working nicely but I have a more competitive term I am trying to rank for right now, against some established bricks-and-mortar businesses (think, Adwords buyers and larger SEO budgets) and am interested to see if I can make inroads there before I call that method a success. So, link pyramids, or link pushing, whatever you want to call it - not an original idea, but made a lot easier with AMR, and not too spammy either.
        Signature

        Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ExploringInfinity
    my advice is DONT DO IT.

    If you use only one backlinking method you are sure to get slapped sometime in the future.

    Diversify your link building efforts. I use the most chaotic and unpredictable backlinking profiles that I can to make sure I never get slapped.

    So far with every google update I move up while everyone else moves down.

    Overdoing one type of link is always a bad idea.
    Signature
    Get ALL the SEO software YOU CANT afford:
    Ultimate SEO Pack
    SENuke & Grscraper, and dozens more! $40 a month!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kkchoon
    Try blog networks, you can get a list here:

    My SEO & Backlink Tools List

    You can start with AMA, use spinner software like spinnerchief to rewrite your article for backlinks, the more articles you've distribute, the more unique backlinks you'll get.

    The different between AMA kind of networks and AMR is - AMA had a lot more sites and IPs, this gives you a lot more ranking power to rank for competitive keywords.
    Signature

    Powerful Indexer That Makes Your Backlinks Count ==> Nuclear Link Indexer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4451815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author josoave
    Hi,

    I am currently with the keyword academy an their strategy is around baklinking by submitting articles. The hang up is that, as you may know, some keywords rank faster and easier than other ones. Depends on the PageRank of the websites targeting the same keyword, number of backlinks and more factors.
    You have the right idea but you need to make sure you are using the easiest keywords and they are scattered thru your article. this is more of a slow and steady approach that will give you good long term results.
    You can give them a try if you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4452257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yogini
    It took about 7 to 9 months but I did get 2 competitive phrases above about.com and a few big authority sites by doing a mix of things including article marketing as well as 2 guest posts and sending out press releases to about 20 sites. I did some backlinking to the press releases.

    Debbie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4453375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author phpdevrus
    i personally wouldnt only do article blasts. like others have mentioned i would focus on a diverse backlink profile. articles dont seem to have that much weight after panda. i would try everything from articles, blogs, profiles, comments, etc. link pushes, link pyramids & link wheels.

    if you find article blast easiest then focus on that yourself and outsource other types of link building. in addition, i would do some cheap link building to those articles to pass them some juice.

    good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4453732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bensonenterprise
    I was reading through this thread and I was curious what does AMR stand for? I am currently using Digi article blaster and it is pretty good but I am not getting anywhere near 300 article directory submissions. Though my Alexa rankings have improved greatly since I started using it. Just wondering what the AMR is so I can take a look at it and see if it might be a better option for me. I also do backlinking as well so that it is not just article blasting.
    Signature

    I own a small writing company that takes the time to make sure you are pleased with your end product visit my site at http://www.ebookwritingservices.org for more details.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markowe
      Originally Posted by bensonenterprise View Post

      I was reading through this thread and I was curious what does AMR stand for? I am currently using Digi article blaster and it is pretty good but I am not getting anywhere near 300 article directory submissions. Though my Alexa rankings have improved greatly since I started using it. Just wondering what the AMR is so I can take a look at it and see if it might be a better option for me. I also do backlinking as well so that it is not just article blasting.
      Article Marketing Robot. It is widely recognised as the best product of this kind, though I have never heard of Digi Article Blaster, I must admit. However, much of what it does may be duplicated in your program, and there are some doubts as to the effectiveness of article blasting these days, as people have pointed on this thread (the original post I made here is quite old).
      Signature

      Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 36burrows
    I would just take it slow and only submit to the high quality article sites, social bookmarking sites, and some good blog comments and see what happens from there.

    Remember the lazy mans way rarely turns out for the better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455701].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markowe
      Originally Posted by 36burrows View Post

      I would just take it slow and only submit to the high quality article sites, social bookmarking sites, and some good blog comments and see what happens from there.

      Remember the lazy mans way rarely turns out for the better.
      I generally agree - I am almost certainly going to entirely abandon using AMR directly on my money sites. I just have to wait for a few more results to come in, but I am almost certain that it is no longer providing any benefit, and may even be causing harm. That's not to say there aren't still ways to put AMR to good use though
      Signature

      Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RevSEO
    I've gotta agree - the old' spray and pray method of submitting thousands of articles around the net and ranking are rather slim to none these days. Atleast with keywords with any decent traffic.

    If you enjoy writing, and are knowledgeable about whatever topic your website is about then I'd recommend guest blogging.

    With guest blogging you guarantee that your posts are live, have links to your site AND you can choose to put them on blogs that have great PageRank, traffic, and will bring additional value to your website. Forget the spray and pray method and go for targeted guest posting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455769].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author markowe
      Originally Posted by RevSEO View Post

      I've gotta agree - the old' spray and pray method of submitting thousands of articles around the net and ranking are rather slim to none these days. Atleast with keywords with any decent traffic.

      If you enjoy writing, and are knowledgeable about whatever topic your website is about then I'd recommend guest blogging.

      With guest blogging you guarantee that your posts are live, have links to your site AND you can choose to put them on blogs that have great PageRank, traffic, and will bring additional value to your website. Forget the spray and pray method and go for targeted guest posting.
      Totally agree, and I do do that for my "serious" business site. However, for those cheesy microniches it's a bit difficult to find anyone interested in a guest post on "garden gate hinges"
      Signature

      Who says you can't earn money as an eBay affiliate any more? My stats say otherwise

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455824].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RevSEO
        Originally Posted by markowe View Post

        Totally agree, and I do do that for my "serious" business site. However, for those cheesy microniches it's a bit difficult to find anyone interested in a guest post on "garden gate hinges"
        well said, in that case its gonna be tough indeed!

        Best of luck, in that case you've got nothing to lose to spray and pray with microniches since the competition is usually much less.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455866].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bensonenterprise
      Thank you for the information, Digi Article Blaster has done decently for me but I can appreciate what you are saying about guest blogging.

      I have never done guest blogging but I have been blogging for about a year now. How do you go about getting started as a guest blogger? Really appreciate the help.
      Signature

      I own a small writing company that takes the time to make sure you are pleased with your end product visit my site at http://www.ebookwritingservices.org for more details.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4462513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    Use AMR to build a blog network. Better that way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4455883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ilee
    It depends on your competition, if there is very low competition you can get away with no backlinks at all
    Signature
    --~***~--


    --~***~--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4456652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imdomination
    I've done it, with a low-competition site. One AMR blast and my pages are at least in the top 10. But I wouldn't recommend it and I'm going to be adding more links from other sources, it's just that it's a new site so I'm doing it slowly. Link diversity, especially after Panda, is essential.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4456937].message }}

Trending Topics