Facebook Ads - A Waste of Time????

by br745
25 replies
  • SEO
  • |
As a Facebook Ads newbie, I've tried submitting multiple different ads, and cannot get ANY approved.

I've determined they DO NOT allow direct linking to any CPA offers, nor do they allow any direct links to Sales Pages, at least in my limited experience.

Other than advertising for Fan Page likes, which I think is a waste of time and money, what other simple ways are you guys using to make money with Facebook ads?
#ads #facebook #time #waste
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3865942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BenoitT
    Originally Posted by br745 View Post

    As a Facebook Ads newbie, I've tried submitting multiple different ads, and cannot get ANY approved.

    I've determined they DO NOT allow direct linking to any CPA offers, nor do they allow any direct links to Sales Pages, at least in my limited experience.

    Other than advertising for Fan Page likes, which I think is a waste of time and money, what other simple ways are you guys using to make money with Facebook ads?
    Their is a lot of people making a lot of money on Facebook. Their is a big part doing it with fanpage, so YES fanpages are good.

    I suggest you to buy this WSO. It is awesome and you will save a lot of money and have the proof it works

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...s-traffic.html

    I bought it and I was amaze by the simple technique and IT WORKS.
    Signature

    Benoit Tremblay

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3865968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KenB
    I wouldn't say it was a waste of time.. I've had great experience with Facebook ad's when it came down to advertising for my local businesses.

    Cheers,
    Ken
    Signature

    Put another affiliate link in and you go away.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3865983].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alxvallejo
      Originally Posted by KenB View Post

      I wouldn't say it was a waste of time.. I've had great experience with Facebook ad's when it came down to advertising for my local businesses.

      Cheers,
      Ken
      Did you track your ROI for your Facebook ads? Mine was horrible...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vansterdam420
    I think facebook is just not accepting advertising for affiliate stuff anymore. I believe it was changed sometime last year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3866042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Quilst
    Use software like CBnator - it also has a good tutorial inside for pushing affiliate sales on facebook. Don't use capital letters on each word and go for free soulution when it comes to images
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3866668].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iyazam
    Unless you are promoting something very local - Facebook ads are a waste of time. Its very expensive and the conversion rate is horrible.
    Signature

    Hillel Porath

    http://www.iyazam.com - My Blog On Marketing and Lead Generation

    http://israelexporter.com - Lead Generation for Israel's Leading Export Companies

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3866768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KenB
      Originally Posted by iyazam View Post

      Unless you are promoting something very local - Facebook ads are a waste of time. Its very expensive and the conversion rate is horrible.
      My thoughts exactly.
      Signature

      Put another affiliate link in and you go away.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3866781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author busterjack
      Originally Posted by iyazam View Post

      Unless you are promoting something very local - Facebook ads are a waste of time. Its very expensive and the conversion rate is horrible.
      So true. Way to expensive with a low conversion rate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003258].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rovi
        It's a big mistake to go into FB ads as though it were a substitute for Adwords.

        The key to FB is the social setting. People aren't there to buy stuff or listen to your pitch. They are there to connect with their peeps and have fun. If you have a product that connects to their affinities - their sense of belonging to a group - you can get a lot of success in FB, because they will be receptive to that.

        Classic Robert Collier - enter the conversation they are already having in their minds.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003352].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Matthew Loop
          Originally Posted by Rovi View Post

          It's a big mistake to go into FB ads as though it were a substitute for Adwords.

          The key to FB is the social setting. People aren't there to buy stuff or listen to your pitch. They are there to connect with their peeps and have fun. If you have a product that connects to their affinities - their sense of belonging to a group - you can get a lot of success in FB, because they will be receptive to that.

          Classic Robert Collier - enter the conversation they are already having in their minds.
          Great advice. Most newbies completely miss that point... I've been generating a 3:1 Facebook ROI for the last few years and building a huge list in multiple markets. Anyone that goes straight for the kill / sale directly from Facebook ad traffic is sunk.

          You've got to build community and get them into your marketing funnel OFF of Facebook. That's where you need to research your market and put together a "mafia offer" that one couldn't possibly refuse.

          I'd seriously recommend selling your own products and building your own name / brand in whatever market you select.
          Signature

          For the newest Facebook marketing tips that rapidly grow your online business visit my blog

          Click here to automate every aspect of your online marketing including, SEO, PPC, social media marketing, Facebook ads, article marketing, etc.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003531].message }}
  • I had a hard time while figuring it out, then one day the idea came to me to drive them to my list and sell afterwords the affiliate products and that worked and have no problems with Facebook now and it's a great cheap way to get targeted leads but you can't send them to affiliate offers at least I couldn't get that to work for me.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3867069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vask
    Facebook ads works for me - I created a fan page or a squeeze page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3867114].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3867146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mreyn
    IS it true that facebook doesn't allow direct linking to ads or affiliate/cpa pages?? I was going to buy a product on the forum that shows how to do this but I definitely need to find out if it's still allowed!!! Any one know??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3869486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Resultz
    Its like most anything, it can work if you do it right and spend the TIME needed to make it work.
    Signature
    Don't Waste Your Time With Fake Accounts
    Real Youtube Subscriptions
    Real Youtube Views
    Real Facebook Likes

    Click Here For Prices - My Warrior Forum Classified Thread
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3869706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author alxvallejo
      Originally Posted by Resultz View Post

      Its like most anything, it can work if you do it right and spend the TIME needed to make it work.
      Thanks for the insight...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneyerr
    Advertising on facebook is not a waste of time. At this time facebook is one of the most popular social networking site with the highest GPR 10. Millions of the people around the world us it daily and the conversion rate is definitely very horrible. There are thousands of the people, who are getting most of their business from facebook.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3871967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theplugindude
    Dude..FB is idiotic.Dont try that.

    The only way to make money from FB is to teach others how to make money with FB,

    Seriously..the success is not sustainable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3872177].message }}
  • facebook is good to drive traffic in your site. do not think it is a waste of time. just change your tactics. use the traffic of fan page in your site.i do not know they allow or not allow direct link with CPA offer, but they can be use to get traffic in your site by using their clicks.

    but it is true that many people have already earned some bulks in their pocket using facebook ads. it will be good for you to contact them or pm them

    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3872535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author groceryalerts
    That doesn't make any sense. I have never had problems with Facebook ads. Has this changed?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3872613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jexo Advertising
    I honestly think that Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn haven't been exploited to their best potential. Too many marketers are thinking too "horizontal" or too basic. You need to think creatively and take risks to come up with these new strategies.

    I have a pretty strong twitter campaign that I'm interested in running (as a side project) but haven't had the time to test it out.

    Don't be intimidated by large companies! haha
    Signature

    Jexo.com is a CPA based Affiliate Network. Affiliates receive 100% commission for their first month!
    Follow us at Twitter.com/JexoAdvertising
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3872663].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author masmoola
      Either nobody is making money with Facebook ads or the people who are making money are keeping their mouths shut.

      What ads or products work well on Facebook? Is anyone making money on Facebook ads? If so, what are you selling? and what are you bidding.

      Can someone shed some light on which products sell on Facebook ads?

      Does anyone really know?

      I've been looking through this forum for answers, but can't seem to find anyone who has any real proof of making money selling products through Facebook ads.

      Please do tell.
      Signature

      Masmoola

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[3968726].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author camthomas
        Originally Posted by masmoola View Post

        Either nobody is making money with Facebook ads or the people who are making money are keeping their mouths shut.

        What ads or products work well on Facebook? Is anyone making money on Facebook ads? If so, what are you selling? and what are you bidding.

        Can someone shed some light on which products sell on Facebook ads?

        Does anyone really know?

        I've been looking through this forum for answers, but can't seem to find anyone who has any real proof of making money selling products through Facebook ads.

        Please do tell.
        You can make money with facebook ads but like everything you have to do it right and work at it :-)

        A good product for facebook? well there are many but i will give you an example.

        Say a a dog training guide, then you will target people with dogs and so on...

        or a golf guide, then you will target people who play golf, who are interested in golf.

        You can also use, quantcast.com this will help with the targeting

        Cam
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mcimicata
    I would definitely consider facebook ads as being a waste of time FOR MOST PEOPLE; however, they can really convert well if you are promoting something local.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4003512].message }}

Trending Topics