12 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Hi

What is the best way to rank sites for UK searches? I am having no problem getting sites ranking for US traffic but the UK results are lagging behind, any advice?

Much appreciated!
#seo
  • Profile picture of the author makeaplan
    if u want uk pr for ur website then go for local directory which belong and target to uk and promote your website in uk social book marking website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4225841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Brummitt57
      Originally Posted by makeaplan View Post

      if u want uk pr for ur website then go for local directory which belong and target to uk and promote your website in uk social book marking website
      Hi, Good answer but has Anyone got examples of UK specific directory and bookmarking sites?
      Signature
      It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly.Do not mistake activity for achievement.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4225927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ktmakwana
    I believe Bookmarks - Excite UK is a UK bookmarking site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4226597].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Shanti10 View Post

    Hi

    What is the best way to rank sites for UK searches? I am having no problem getting sites ranking for US traffic but the UK results are lagging behind, any advice?

    Much appreciated!
    Hey there,

    Are you using .co.uk domain? Where your main customers located USA or UK? If you want to rank for UK, then try to select location in Google Webmaster tools for .com domain. Also, get your website listed in Google maps. You can extend link building by searching .co.uk domains specifically. Most of the time, if you are ranking in goolge.com, then you might not rank in google.co.uk. Google give more preference to websites with .co.uk domain or .com sites with UK location in webmaster tools.
    Signature
    We're Getting Page 1 Rankings For All Of Our Clients. Our Own Lead Generation Sites Are Generating Over 100 Leads Per Day. We Get Results. BUT We're NOT Cheap! Do YOU Want To Hire Us? SEO Company
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4226703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shanti10
      Originally Posted by Emarketing Excellence View Post

      Hey there,

      Are you using .co.uk domain? Where your main customers located USA or UK? If you want to rank for UK, then try to select location in Google Webmaster tools for .com domain. Also, get your website listed in Google maps. You can extend link building by searching .co.uk domains specifically. Most of the time, if you are ranking in goolge.com, then you might not rank in google.co.uk. Google give more preference to websites with .co.uk domain or .com sites with UK location in webmaster tools.
      Thanks so much for your responses. The domains vary from .com to .net and some .info

      I'll list it in webmaster tools, see what happens - thanks!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236238].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amoeba
    if ur site is targetted to uk visitor then getting .co.uk is best deal. the other thing you can do is get maximum backlinks from websites hosted in uk..also try to get urself into uk business directories and local directories...but in such case u might have to suffer ur usa rankings,,because google might thinks that u belong to uk n not usa..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author killer1211
    Make sure you host the website on UK related servers.
    That helps ranking in google.co.uk
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tadsam12
    you have to submit all off page work on uk related websites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ammi123
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wisdomjobs
    Go for UK directory submission sites and submit your site you will get some backlinks or purchase high PR paid links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4236447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WilliamBLee
    You should submit you website related to your business at UK's local directories.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4237098].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Shanti I do SEO fo UK companies and most of what is said in this thread is just false. .coms rank all the time in Google UK you do NOT need a .co.uk. You CAN list it in webmaster tools but that is not entirely necessary either. the two main factors for ranking in Google uk is that your site must be hosted there AND you should have a good backlink profile with links from other UK based sites. So in other words if you start focusing on getting links from other UK sites you will see an increase in your rankings in that engine.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4237222].message }}

Trending Topics