Opinions on longevity of Adsense

51 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Currently, I am making $13,000 to $15,000 monthly just with Adsense; however subsequent my conversation with a fellow internet marketer I have some doubts about pursuing an Adesne based income.

This internet marketer said that with the proliferation of ad blocking programs and such Adsense income is expected to slowly fizzle down over the next few years.

What do you think about this? Doesn't Google make its income off of Ads; will they let this happen?

I've really found a good way to make a killing on Adsense but I don't want to pursue this model as my main income source if the revenue will just fizzle away in the future.
#adsense #longevity #opinions
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    Whether this happens or not you should ALWAYS diversify your income.

    This happened to me. I was making a killing with Adwords then out of the blue, I got banned.

    ....And we all know how Google like with Adsense as well.

    If I was you, keep growing your Adsense income as you're doing really well with it but move into other avenues as well.

    Infact outsource as much of your Adsense as you can and focus on creating a product on how to make money with Adsense. That way you've got a money making asset plus you'll get to build a subscriber/buyer list in the process.

    You could make even more more money doing that than you do with Adsense.

    But like I said, you gotta diversify because if you don't... You're screwed!

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4394901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    If you have enough traffic to be making $13,000-15,000 monthly with adsense, I wouldn't really be worried about it. Adsense, IMO, is a pretty poor way of monetizing traffic. You'd probably end up doing better with a different ad program or targeted affiliate ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RevSEO
    Diversify diversify and diversify.

    If you truly are making $12,000 - $15,000 a month that means you've got some SERIOUS traffic and should already be testing different monetization methods such as opt-ins, CPA, and talking with various advertising networks as you may be able to secure better CPMs/CPC's than with Adsense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      I think you're full of BS. Your question in conjunction with
      your stated earnings do not make $#it sense.

      Nobody with that level of adsense income is going to have
      a silly, ridiculous question like that. And insane thoughts
      mixed in.

      Seriously.

      Anybody who actually reads any of the question will realize
      it's a boat load of crapola.

      Here's my advice. Shut your sites down immediately. Why bother?
      Is that what you want to hear? Close em down. That'll show that
      big bad google and that mean old "fellow internet marketer" that
      you will take a stand!

      So, stand up and sit down!

      But then look at the replies. They're even worse than the question.

      Yeah. Shutting down $15,000 a month with adsense for some other pie
      in the sky program makes perfect sense. Sure. Sure it does.

      Stanford U, 2011, professional hacking services...well, shoot, hack
      yourself to a better lifestyle.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395492].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Crystal Love
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        I think you're full of BS. Your question in conjunction with
        your stated earnings do not make $#it sense.

        Nobody with that level of adsense income is going to have
        a silly, ridiculous question like that. And insane thoughts
        mixed in.

        Seriously.

        Anybody who actually reads any of the question will realize
        it's a boat load of crapola.

        Here's my advice. Shut your sites down immediately. Why bother?
        Is that what you want to hear? Close em down. That'll show that
        big bad google and that mean old "fellow internet marketer" that
        you will take a stand!

        So, stand up and sit down!

        Paul
        Why are you being so mean to me? Mommy didn't hug you enough?

        I have over 60 sites that cumulatively pull this amount in. I'm worried because I just graduated from Stanford and can either pursue more education to ensure a career that is sustainable; or I can continue the Adsense route; but I don't want to be left years down the line with a dwindling income and a passed up PhD, if it is true that Adsense earnings will mitigate in the future.

        This is a very legitimate concern and I appreciate everyone giving me great advice.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395557].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author paulgl
          Since adsense takes like....zero time.....what's the question again?

          Adsense or education? Like....uh....you have to choose?

          Twilight zone.

          Exactly.

          if you really made 15K a month, why are you even having conversations
          with so-called other internet marketers?

          Your whole scenario makes no sense....

          Paul
          Signature

          If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395678].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        Nobody with that level of adsense income is going to have a silly, ridiculous question like that...

        Paul
        Hey Paul

        I'm earning really well with Adsense and I assure you I always assess the potential risks that exist. For me, risk assessment and implementing measures to curb the potential risks is a part of doing business. It is similar to a manufacturing concern (or any other business) that takes out insurance to cover damages for a fire that hasn't happened and may never happen.

        While the "proliferation of ad blocking programs" may be seen as an unlikely risk - it is still a risk!

        I don't know whether the OP is trolling or whether SHE is actually a HE and those figures stated is just a way to attract attention for a future WSO release... who knows... only time will tell!

        But the risks mentioned are legitimate in my opinion, and if it ever does come into fruition it will be Google who will take out the fire insurance, that is why this risk doesn't concern me at all.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GMD
    Banned
    I think the real issue is what's the average tech capability of the average internet user? Plenty of ad blocking programs already exist today yet they are only used by a small percentage of internet users; yes, more "experienced" users like perhaps us.

    The real danger would come ONLY if these ad blocking capabilities were imbedded into browsers people use, and turned on by default. Otherwise, I think over time, a majority of internet users won't be using any ad blocking software.

    Additionally, even if this were to become a problem, you can bet that Google would employ new technologies that deliver advertising in a manner such that current ad blocking software wouldn't affect it.

    Bottom line, if your lifestyle is such that the income that you're making with Adsense is already gone before you even spend it, it would be wise to bank most of your earnings month-to-month, diversify, and of course just keep your ear to the ground and make adjustments as new developments are announced.

    Ignore Chicken Little: The sky ISN'T falling!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author guitarjosh
    I'm glad Paul said it because I was going to. Absolute rubbish. If you have to ask newbs questions like this, you aren't what you're pretending to be. I make about 1/4 of that every month and it that amount of time it took to build that up, I very naturally learned a hell of a lot and anyone making you're amount would never be asking such newb questions about adsense.

    Let me get this straight.. you're making $13,000 to $15,000 p/ month w/ AdSense and you just asked, "Doesn't Google make its income off of Ads"?! Nobody could be this clueless about their own business when they're making that much.

    I think AdSense and Stanford are both delusions of grandeur.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395809].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Crystal Love
      Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post

      I'm glad Paul said it because I was going to. Absolute rubbish. If you have to ask newbs questions like this, you aren't what you're pretending to be. I make about 1/4 of that every month and it that amount of time it took to build that up, I very naturally learned a hell of a lot and anyone making you're amount would never be asking such newb questions about adsense.

      Let me get this straight.. you're making $13,000 to $15,000 p/ month w/ AdSense and you just asked, "Doesn't Google make its income off of Ads"?! Nobody could be this clueless about their own business when they're making that much.

      I think AdSense and Stanford are both delusions of grandeur.
      Wow. What I'm not surprised anymore by the amount of uneducated vermin that populate the interwebs. Because I had no real specific question, I was trying to use language, such as the one you quoted, to instigate a conversation.

      You and the other gentlemen both speak in the form of absolutes. This type of thought process is isomorphic or homologous to the thought process employed by those lacking education.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395919].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cantbedone!
        Originally Posted by Crystal Love View Post

        Wow. What I'm not surprised anymore by the amount of uneducated vermin that populate the interwebs. Because I had no real specific question, I was trying to use language, such as the one you quoted, to instigate a conversation.

        You and the other gentlemen both speak in the form of absolutes. This type of thought process is isomorphic or homologous to the thought process employed by those lacking education.

        Because intelligence is given to you in college....right?

        Thats funny, I went to college and learned a bunch of basic crap and some I.T. stuff that pertains only to my profession. My IQ didn't change. maybe I should call the school and complain. lol. Why didn't your school make me smaaart???
        Signature

        To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.
        ~ Aristotle

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4469280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lexilexi
    paulgl - The OP knows how to use a semicolon in addition to gratuitous use of words such as mitigate, proliferation and legitimate; a dead giveaway of an educated person. I guess it takes one to know one. I conclude therefore that you are simply being offensive. What's your problem, throwing insults around like that?

    OP - It's widely known that Adsense has some of the best eCPM in the ad industry. But if you are indeed generating the numbers you quote, you must be pulling significant traffic. This would suggest that you already have an actionable revenue model. Don't give up on your PhD, find a way to divert some of your existing revenue towards outsourcing / replication / selling some sites so that you can do both. Depending on the niche, you might be able to monetize with clickbank products or similar.
    Is your traffic SEO based or other? Are your niches evergreen with steady traffic? Why is it that you can't 'set and forget', do you need to put continunous work in in order to keep getting the traffic?

    Regardless of whether the OP is genuine or not, the question is worth answering, as this is an Adsense forum and others have similar concerns. I'd say a bigger concern is the 'roulette' risk of Adsense suddenly closing accounts.
    Signature

    "If there is no door, it becomes necessary to break out through the wall."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4395940].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IM Ash
      Originally Posted by Crystal Love View Post

      I'm not surprised anymore by the amount of uneducated vermin that populate the interwebs.
      I think this is exactly why Paul and GJ are skeptical about your post. A new member without any rep, who openly displays high earnings is typical behavior of a spammer or a troll or someone who is enforcing a bait and switch technique.

      ------
      ------

      Originally Posted by lexilexi View Post

      The OP knows how to use a semicolon in addition to gratuitous use of words such as mitigate, proliferation and legitimate; a dead giveaway of an educated person.
      I really don't think grammar and language skills is an accurate indicator of an individual's intellectual abilities or level of education.

      Originally Posted by lexilexi View Post

      I'd say a bigger concern is the 'roulette' risk of Adsense suddenly closing accounts.
      Adsense does not suddenly close accounts. There is that minor issue of people breaking the TOS. Those affected don't openly discuss their underhanded techniques that got their account closed in the first place.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4396062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lexilexi
    *sigh* guitarjosh - perhaps you have not heard of rhetoric? You are evidently incapable of recognizing it when you see it. Read this - Rhetorical question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - then read the question again, then think about it until the light bulb goes on.
    Signature

    "If there is no door, it becomes necessary to break out through the wall."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4396042].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author guitarjosh
      Originally Posted by lexilexi View Post

      *sigh* guitarjosh - perhaps you have not heard of rhetoric? You are evidently incapable of recognizing it when you see it. Read this - Rhetorical question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - then read the question again, then think about it until the light bulb goes on.
      Actually I think you're right. I kind of zoomed over it... so good call. My bad.
      But.. doesn't change the fact that it's a troll in his preteen years who's full of it... so if you feel those kind of questions deserve a legitimate response, feel free.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4396872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    BS indicator holding steady at 98%!


    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4396282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ysb888
    Don't worry with it, just keep earning and use some of your revenue to invest in other business such as offline business or other type of online business that you can think.

    Divide your income!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4397772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crystal Love
    Thank you for all the kind responses and also thank you to all of you who felt so inclined to PM me and explain why "some" people got their panties in a bunch over my post. When a forum is made up of a cavalcade of individuals who only know how to make money through WSO's--it's no wonder they become upset when someone suggests any form of success.

    So, if my post engendered any anger in some of you--I'm sure your WSO will do just fine.

    As for me, I don't care what I say on this forum whether it sounds smart, dumb, or whatever, because I will never sell a WSO; therefore, I don't need to impress anyone. I actually know how to make money online.

    Again, thanks to all those who PM'ed me.

    P.S. to those who think $15,000 per month is a lot of money. Come to Palo Alto and see what that will get you.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4397833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dellco
      Originally Posted by Crystal Love View Post

      Thank you for all the kind responses and also thank you to all of you who felt so inclined to PM me and explain why "some" people got their panties in a bunch over my post. When a forum is made up of a cavalcade of individuals who only know how to make money through WSO's--it's no wonder they become upset when someone suggests any form of success.

      So, if my post engendered any anger in some of you--I'm sure your WSO will do just fine.

      As for me, I don't care what I say on this forum whether it sounds smart, dumb, or whatever, because I will never sell a WSO; therefore, I don't need to impress anyone. I actually know how to make money online.

      Again, thanks to all those who PM'ed me.

      P.S. to those who think $15,000 per month is a lot of money. Come to Palo Alto and see what that will get you.
      I can believe you, because I've met people like that, and their thinking is different from IMers who think they making $10,000 is a great feat. Quite different, really. These guys look at the big picture.

      Silicon Valley alone has many multi-millionaire guys that make (at least) hundreds of thousands a month - Not from Adsense. I've met a couple of guys who were NOT into any form of IM and they would consider messing with Adsense as a waste of time.

      To them, $15,000 is extreme peanuts.

      Just to add, I'd suggest you save your income from Adsense for other pursuits. Personally, I also do not think Adsense is a very long term business model, and maybe that is why Google has been trying to lessen its income from Adsense for a long time now, and are venturing into other fields. That is your clue, there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4399707].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nikiobicata
      Originally Posted by Crystal Love View Post

      Thank you for all the kind responses and also thank you to all of you who felt so inclined to PM me and explain why "some" people got their panties in a bunch over my post. When a forum is made up of a cavalcade of individuals who only know how to make money through WSO's--it's no wonder they become upset when someone suggests any form of success.

      So, if my post engendered any anger in some of you--I'm sure your WSO will do just fine.

      As for me, I don't care what I say on this forum whether it sounds smart, dumb, or whatever, because I will never sell a WSO; therefore, I don't need to impress anyone. I actually know how to make money online.

      Again, thanks to all those who PM'ed me.

      P.S. to those who think $15,000 per month is a lot of money. Come to Palo Alto and see what that will get you.
      LOL and WOW

      Crystal is this your WSO ? GOOGLE MAGIC: Go From PR0 To PR5 In 30 Days

      So you just : "
      As for me, I don't care what I say on this forum whether it sounds smart, dumb, or whatever, because I will never sell a WSO; therefore, I don't need to impress anyone. I actually know how to make money online."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4466016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoshuaG
    You should definitely stop whatever you're doing since you have such meager lackluster earnings and get a PhD instead. After all, the university could go out of business next year because of the economy.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4397857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StoneWilson
    People always envy lucky dog, lol~
    Signature
    Looking for godaddy renewal coupon? Check GodaddyRenewal.com!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4397986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ok123
    I agree with the points made above.. Usually no one is very forthcoming with one's earnings so openly.. So the BS meter is already at 100%..

    If the OP is indeed making this much money and knows that warrior forum exists, how come he/she has never read the horror stories of adsense bans without any shady things done. I am sure there are more than a few threads here on that..

    And OP, if you are a stanford graduate .. how come you have never heard of the word " Diversification" .. Strange..
    Signature
    Action expresses priorities - Mahatma Gandhi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4398045].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imdomination
    The people who are installing programs like adblock are the ones who generally aren't going to be clicking on ads in the first place.

    Personally, I would try to diversify my income if I were you, but more on the basis that a diverse income is a good thing regardless, as many have stated in case you get banned or something else.

    Personally, I don't think AdSense revenues will drop significantly in the next few years. If anything the recession should have dropped them but I didn't see any decrease over the last few years (in fact my adsense income has gone up quite a bit).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4398135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesM
    I'm inclined to call BS here too.

    I'd also like to point out that as far I'm aware I've never seen a WSO or claim of earnings from either paulgl or Yukon - believe it or not there are some of us who come here for discussion rather than hawking our wares!
    Signature

    If this post has been helpful please click the "thanks" button ;-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4398191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crystal Love
    To those that called B.S. looks like the joke is on you. Here is a screenshot of my User CP, which is from a different forum I am a part of:



    What is my registered email address? Yes, it is my Stanford school email address.

    Nice try guys, I wasn't even going to waste my time but because the dude with the fat head above me called B.S.; I had to post up some proof.

    xoxox
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4398371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dburk
    Hi Crystal,

    Welcome to the Warrior Forum!

    There are a lot of crusty old peeps in here that will try to knock you down a peg or two, don't let them bother you.

    I wouldn't worry much about the ad blocking software. That type of technology has been around since the first explosion of banner ads in the 90s. It seems to catch on for a while until folks realize all their favorite sites are disappearing or switching to paid subscription and many of the same anti-ad groups become pro-ad supporters. As long as America remains a free country advertisement revenue will flourish.

    Having said that, I think it is always wise to diversify your revenue sources. Nothing is certain in life and the AdSense program could disappear overnight, simply at the whim of Google's CEO. There is no point in constantly worrying about a fire, but make sure you have a fire escape, just in case.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4398610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesM
    FWIW my doubt is about you claimed earnings (and the perceived lack of knowledge) not the validity of your email address!

    Plus, any seasoned WF member is more than aware how easy it is to knock together a bogus/doctored screen grab. This makes us a cynical bunch, and few of us who aren't launching WSOs disclose income publicly.

    Perhaps we're wrong and you've just fluked upon a serious Adsense income without the depth of knowledge and perception that usually accompanies such success. If that's the case then I'd be the first to apologise.

    Nice avatar BTW - hope you stick around as we're always happy to chat with attractive young women such as yourself, regardless of earnings :p
    Signature

    If this post has been helpful please click the "thanks" button ;-)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4399126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author john14317
      Only time will tell. If these people usually know what they are talking about, maybe they are right. However, this is also a way Google makes money so I doubt they would let their own revenue disappear. Diversifying is still a good idea no matter what though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4399450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oranges
    Bunch of wannabes!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4400031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    Well this thread took a different direction since I was last here!

    If you wanna proof all the naysayers wrong then simply film yourself logging into your Adsense account and make sure you reference this thread so we know it's you etc.

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4400969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizopp71
    Oh how i would love to see google get knocked off the top by other, non-corrupted ad networks! Google likes to ban accounts for no reason.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4400995].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dburk
      Originally Posted by bizopp71 View Post

      Oh how i would love to see google get knocked off the top by other, non-corrupted ad networks! Google likes to ban accounts for no reason.
      Hi bizopp71,

      Who are those "non-corrupted ad networks" you speak of?

      I thought the reason Google banned accounts, was to prevent the corruption of their ad network, right? :confused: I know I wouldn't want to advertise on a PPC network that didn't ban publishers that were harming advertisers, would you?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4402158].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New Atthis
      What a funny thread! I've never seen anyone so proud of the school they have graduated from. Usually by the time the fourth year rolls around, that kind of enthusiasm dies down.

      A math geek from Stanford (isnt' that one of your claimed majors?), it seems to me, would have some kind of systematic and empirical way of answering her own original question, and wouldn't have need of coming onto this forum for answers, which seems primarily populated with either die-hard daily posters or clueless individuals.

      I'd like to believe the chick (if it even is a chick! ... you never know what kind of person you may encounter in such a setting as this - that's for sure!) is actually earning what she claims, and based on reading all of her posts thus far, I guess I couldn't say one way or the other and makes no difference to me. Making money from Adsense isn't rocket science though. And if the chick has 60 sites, why wouldn't that be possible?

      She must be outsourcing a great percentage of the grunt work by now if she's making over 20k per month. So what's the big deal? Why is there is a choice between pursuing a doctorate degree and setting up and maintaining sites that, once the niche and keyword research is done, can pretty much all be delegated?

      But if she managed to build and maintain 60 sites while an undergraduate (and earning a masters degree?), why can't she continue to do the same thing while pursuing a doctorate degree? That's what I don't get. Also, if she's making 24k+ per month through both Adsense and affiliate marketing (as she claimed in another post), there doesn't seem much need to work at all while studying whatever it is that she wants to get a doctorate degree in.

      The way she talks, I'm assuming her parents are forking over the cash for tuition and such. And Palo Alto can't be THAT expensive! Anyway, whatever this chick's deal is, she presents herself in an interesting way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4402300].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dellco
        The thread might be funny, but the question is a valid one.

        Do people still think Adsense is going to be around forever? That is a very naive assumption. Google can pull the plug anytime they want. Seriously.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4404570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TolyZ
    Do you have like 15000 web sites that earn you $1 / month or something?
    Signature
    Professional SEO Company marketing1on1.com that gets results.
    BuyBacklinksCheap.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4402245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    I am sure Google has no plans to remove their main source of income, if something comes along they will adapt to suit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4406191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shuvo
    I dont think this will happen.

    However it is always recommended to have diversification in your income sources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4406326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ASHLEY999
    I have been reading this forum for many months and I only joined today to get in contact with the person who began this thread.

    I know I am new here but I feel obligated to say to all those who have judged Crystal without giving her an opportunity to prove hew worth that you guys are completely wrong about her. You have categorized her as someone who is full of BS and you have judged her without knowing her.

    She displayed such courtesy and sincerity because of a situation that occured which left me unable to purchase her product. She didn't even take my money for the product.

    She is the real deal! And for all those whose closed minds and false perceptions have already discounted her abilities - it is your loss!
    Signature
    FOR SALE: My Lifetime Access Key To SEO LINK ROBOT PRO (SAVE $147) PM me for details
    (developer has given me permission to resell)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4415774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gtk29
    Google is not worried about ad blockers. They provide adblock for chrome on their chrome extension site So there is nothing to worry. Remember we are talking about most powerful internet based company here, will they let a major source of income go?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4415933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hpad06
    Earning that much from adsense is very possible, however if that is your only source of income, this brings a big question mark. if you are newbie, obviously you won't make 15K/month, if you are not newbie,you should already know there are better ways to use the same traffic and double your income.

    Plus your signature for that PR5-In-30-Days makes it more obvious that you are just trying to get another backlink from this forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4416271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author emdubl
      well adblock doesnt block just adsense... so even if you try to diversify, you may still run into the same issue. with that said, like someone mentioned above, the people that run adblock plugins probably would never click your ads in the first place. until they start building ad blocking directly into the browser, then i dont think you need to worry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4416424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Ning Lo
    If you're really making what you claim i suggest converting a portion of your blogs to our type of moniterizing like CPA, optins etc..

    Diversification is the key.

    Cheers,

    ~Gary
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4422550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Blacklisted
    I was laughing while reading the thread.. lol..
    Dont be so mean..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467310].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sign89
      Haha, Crystal Love is badass I think we all gotta admit she's an insane marketer. I'd pay her to teach me (;
      Signature
      Private 1 on 1 Offline Coaching (Sold Out)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4467335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    Completely unnecessary how this turned into a troll thread. I don't see why it's so important to call someone out even if you think they're BS-ing. But anyways on a side note, as was mentioned earlier, if you are getting that much traffic anyways, you could do a lot more with those websites in order to diversify your income and have a number of ways of monetizing the traffic. You should come up with plan a, b c and d to have a back up plan for your back up plan!
    Signature

    >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4469376].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HorseStall
    There was a time when I made great money on AdSense it has dropped significantly over the years. People have become "ad blind". You can easily get use to that kind of income, it makes sense to diversify and develop an alternative revenue stream so all your eggs are not in one basket .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4470750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael_Le
    Banned
    apparently she sold her company for $2million dollars............and is now on her 2nd WSO even after claiming she would never sell a WSO!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4688440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author outwest
    I called the Adsense flipper guy out, I know he is bs'ing
    Signature
    Tech article writing .Native English Speaker(with Proof)
    specializing in SmartPhones , Internet security, high tech gadgets, search engines, tech shows, digital cameras.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4688504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aaron J Curtis
      Not only Adsense is blocked, ANY ad network/affiliate link is fair game. I've got Adblock Plus installed but only for testing reasons. I have it disabled most the time, cause I don't like the thought that I'm impacting peoples livelihoods.

      That being said, it's quite a well put together plugin... you can right click links and banners and block them, you can bring up a list of block-able items and do it that way also. You can disable adblock for sites/pages of your choice, so it doesn't need to be blocking everything.

      Last time I checked, there were over 13 million downloads of "Adblock Plus", and there's boat loads of user comments saying how much they love it.. blah blah blah. So looks like we're now in the golden age of Ad Free Web Surfing... well almost!

      So if you think your affiliate links are safe, think again!

      Just my 2 cents.

      Ps. Hope google's got a backup plan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4897216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thebitbotdotcom
    So play it until it runs dry and then change monetization methods then...while getting your PhD...easy.

    I have a professional career as an industrial chemist. IM is supplemental and for fun.
    Signature
    Do Your Copywriting Skills Suck?

    Let Us Help You Develop Your Writing Skills!

    Submit Guest Posts With [ TheBitBot.Com ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4897348].message }}

Trending Topics