From $51/day to $0.40, lesson learnt

52 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Dear Warriors,

Recently one of my sites got hit badly. Main revenue for this site is purely adsense and it came down from $51/day to $0.40. It was having 412 KWs in semrush and I was ranking no. 2 for main KW (2 words) which is also in EMD.

SEMRush Details:



I was on page one for couple of KWs. Site was averaging $15-$30/day. But when I came no. 10 for one word KW it was having $40-$50/day. But it lasted for 3 days and after that ranking for all the KWs dropped to page 6 and above in big G. And it's still the same. I was having 12K+ unique visitors in July 2011 and now in August it's 4604.

$51 to $0.40:



We were doing normal link building using article directories and blog networks like UAW etc. The main KW I was on 2nd position since Nov. 2010 and that KW is on page 6 now. I was not able to figure it out that what happened for this drop. But we still keep on doing the link building as per normal and my rankings in Bing and Yahoo improved. Due to that I am back to $15-$20/day for this site but rankings in big G are still same and no improvement.

July Adsense:



August Adsense:



After one month I was checking my another site 2 days back and in that site also I was on first page 2nd position for 2 words KW and also on first 5 in one word KW and I was having 20+ KWs in first 2 pages of big G. I was dominating these positions for last 20+ months. No link building was going on for this site at all for last few months and yesterday suddenly all the rankings disappeared and same thing happened like my other site. Then only I realized my mistake.

I was having 3 hosting accounts and in one of the hosting accounts I was having sites participating in networks like ABC, ALN etc. I consolidated all of them to one place in last week of July. I was having different IPs for these sites. And my main sites are having dedicated IP and name server. I thought there should not be a problem. But these IPs belongs to same IP pool and same provider. 3 days back when I created a new PR3 blog to join to ALN, I posted one of our articles and linked back to the 2nd site I am having. This is the only link posted for this site in last few months and yesterday all the rankings dropped. So far I can say that because link to my site is going from another site on the same IP pool and that is why this happened. I might be wrong but so far nothing else is pointing to this change because all other sites are having better rankings and they don't have any link from my sites on the blog networks.

If any other warrior has similar experience or would like to share some points to bring the rankings back, that will be helpful.

Thanks!
Rajesh
#$040 #$51 or day #adsense #articles #learnt #lesson #lesson learnt #semrush #uaw
  • Profile picture of the author Tmill
    It looks as if your website is only about a month old? You may be experiencing the google dance and being tossed around in the search engines.

    A couple months ago I started a website and instantly I had 50-100 visits per day. Out of no where google decided to drop me and I was down to 4-10 visits a day. A couple days later I was back up to 50-100 and then went back down again.

    Just stay strong, keep building links and improving your website and you will see improvement.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4587712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Yes, as Tmill says above it might just be doing the "Google Dance" - once it is a little older and if you keep adding solid content to the site and building backlinks you will get the site to stick.

    Of course the key is making sure that you have enough sites out there so if this happens to a few it does not destroy your income.

    Keep building and they will come...

    Chris Jones
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4587734].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IceMustang
    Agreed with the others. I've been writing articles on revenue sharing Adsense websites for years and I've had articles get googledanced big time, from page 1 one day to page 10 the next day. Just keep up the backlinking and the hard work and it'll basically fix itself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4588231].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Hi Guys,

      Thanks for your feedback. First site is 2 years old and is there since August 2009. But I got first page rankings for 20+ KWs since Nov. 2010. 2nd site which dropped all the rankings yesterday is also 2 years old and I was dominating first page for last 20 months. Only time will tell it's a google dance or not.

      Cheers!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4588679].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Latsyrc
        Did you ever find out what happened to your site? Have you regained SERP?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5097720].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
          Originally Posted by Latsyrc View Post

          Did you ever find out what happened to your site? Have you regained SERP?
          I am not 100% sure but it could be BMR. I have lot of sites and I have subscribed to BMR in August and used it on 5 sites along with other link building. From 5 sites 3 of them are on adsense model and from these 3 sites, 2 are on WP and 1 on html. 1 is e-book product and 1 is on affiliate model. The two sites I mentioned in the thread got page 1 rankings for single word KW after using BMR and immediately got penalized. The 3rd one was on affiliate model, no google analytics were installed and I originally thought that maybe due to adsense model my sites may have got human review. And continued using BMR for 3rd site, but it also got penalized recently. But 4th and 5th site where I used BMR also but very few posts compare to first 3, are still on page 1 of google for main KWs.

          Now I don't use BMR at all, continued with all other networks like ALN, UAW, SEOLV, My Article Networks, Article Ranks and ABC. Along with other link building methods we were using. So far none of my other site got penalized. Also the main site I have mentioned above has 40% of it's KWs came back in google top 100. But none of them is in top 20. Other 2 sites don't have any KW in top 100 even. Still doing link building and fine tuning on-page, adding content to sites. This improved our rankings in Bing and Yahoo.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5097922].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Love2Blog
            Originally Posted by rajeshwatts View Post

            I am not 100% sure but it could be BMR. I have lot of sites and I have subscribed to BMR in August and used it on 5 sites along with other link building. From 5 sites 3 of them are on adsense model and from these 3 sites, 2 are on WP and 1 on html. 1 is e-book product and 1 is on affiliate model. The two sites I mentioned in the thread got page 1 rankings for single word KW after using BMR and immediately got penalized. The 3rd one was on affiliate model, no google analytics were installed and I originally thought that maybe due to adsense model my sites may have got human review. And continued using BMR for 3rd site, but it also got penalized recently. But 4th and 5th site where I used BMR also but very few posts compare to first 3, are still on page 1 of google for main KWs.

            Now I don't use BMR at all, continued with all other networks like ALN, UAW, SEOLV, My Article Networks, Article Ranks and ABC. Along with other link building methods we were using. So far none of my other site got penalized. Also the main site I have mentioned above has 40% of it's KWs came back in google top 100. But none of them is in top 20. Other 2 sites don't have any KW in top 100 even. Still doing link building and fine tuning on-page, adding content to sites. This improved our rankings in Bing and Yahoo.
            I am going to suggest to you that BMR has nothing to do with this, BMR is one of the most effective and quality networks on the web, original content and separate IPS make it so.

            BUT UAW, Article Ranks, My Article Network and Linkvine is most likely your problem.

            These networks do not have a filter for how many times a single site gets various spun versions of your article, so, you submit one spun piece and it will go to the same exact site 5, 6 times, and for those webmasters who do not look closely, and those who auto approve, your same article is getting posted on the same sites, this is something that I believed penalized 4 of my sites some time ago.

            Doing this is dangerous and unnatural, because you are getting the exact same link from the same IP's and sites over and over again with the same spun content, easily detectable as link schemes by the search engines...

            Once I stopped using these networks, no more problems. BMR I used and still use and no issues, just lift in SERPS.

            Have you checked your TLD WITHOUT the .com? ie: widgets.com just google widgets, are you on page 1 or page 5 or later in Google?

            If you are not on page 1, then this is a sure penalty for backlinks. Lots of people suffering the -50 these days, all related to links.

            Also link building is changing, lately google's filter has become much more tight, building too many links too fast is bad news, and will case penalties, natural, and quality over quantity is best.

            Linkvine and AMA are two of the lowest quality networks around, tons of spammy crap sites on those networks and AR sucks because they do not filter for duplicates. The danger of these networks is that you have NO idea or control where you links will end up, but google does and the results can be bad news.

            And, if you are going to ask for a reconsideration request for any more sites, be careful, as they will likely look at everything you have done and it could make things worse, you will have to explain all link schemes, sometimes it's better to just let the site sit and not build more and more links, as this may make things worse and you may create things that can't be undone.

            I strongly recommend that you reconsider using AMA, Vine and AR and limit UAW. And slow down the link building for now.

            Penalties can be both automatic via algo filters or manual, either way you might do more harm with blind aggressive link building at this stage.

            Also, you might just have had links devalued, and then it's just a ranking issue, Panda did that to a lot of people, especially with very competitive niches.

            Quality over Quantity always wins, link bombs and crappy networks are bad news these days.
            Signature
            Highest Quality PLR - Content You Will Be Proud To Share With Your Audience - Sign Up For My Email List And Get A Ton Of FREEBIES - https://internetslayers.com

            Giant Women's Health PLR
            Giant Kettlebell PLR Pack
            Yoga PLR eBook/200 + Pcs. Of Meditation/Wellness PLR
            Healthy Cooking 225 Pcs. Of PLR
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5160556].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
              Originally Posted by Love2Blog View Post

              I am going to suggest to you that BMR has nothing to do with this, BMR is one of the most effective and quality networks on the web, original content and separate IPS make it so.

              BUT UAW, Article Ranks, My Article Network and Linkvine is most likely your problem.

              These networks do not have a filter for how many times a single site gets various spun versions of your article, so, you submit one spun piece and it will go to the same exact site 5, 6 times, and for those webmasters who do not look closely, and those who auto approve, your same article is getting posted on the same sites, this is something that I believed penalized 4 of my sites some time ago.

              Doing this is dangerous and unnatural, because you are getting the exact same link from the same IP's and sites over and over again with the same spun content, easily detectable as link schemes by the search engines...

              Once I stopped using these networks, no more problems. BMR I used and still use and no issues, just lift in SERPS.

              Have you checked your TLD WITHOUT the .com? ie: widgets.com just google widgets, are you on page 1 or page 5 or later in Google?

              If you are not on page 1, then this is a sure penalty for backlinks. Lots of people suffering the -50 these days, all related to links.

              Also link building is changing, lately google's filter has become much more tight, building too many links too fast is bad news, and will case penalties, natural, and quality over quantity is best.

              Linkvine and AMA are two of the lowest quality networks around, tons of spammy crap sites on those networks and AR sucks because they do not filter for duplicates. The danger of these networks is that you have NO idea or control where you links will end up, but google does and the results can be bad news.

              And, if you are going to ask for a reconsideration request for any more sites, be careful, as they will likely look at everything you have done and it could make things worse, you will have to explain all link schemes, sometimes it's better to just let the site sit and not build more and more links, as this may make things worse and you may create things that can't be undone.

              I strongly recommend that you reconsider using AMA, Vine and AR and limit UAW. And slow down the link building for now.

              Penalties can be both automatic via algo filters or manual, either way you might do more harm with blind aggressive link building at this stage.

              Also, you might just have had links devalued, and then it's just a ranking issue, Panda did that to a lot of people, especially with very competitive niches.

              Quality over Quantity always wins, link bombs and crappy networks are bad news these days.
              Thanks for this reply. The reason I mentioned about BMR is that I was using other networks for very long and things were ok. I have tons of sites and non of them got penalty so far except 3 of them where BMR was used heavily.

              I have checked TLD WITHOUT the .com and none of them are on page 1. These days I am testing each and every network by using different and unique author names. So far got good results with ALN. You have not mentioned about it. What are your thoughts about it?

              Thanks!
              Rajesh
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5160673].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Love2Blog
                Originally Posted by rajeshwatts View Post

                Thanks for this reply. The reason I mentioned about BMR is that I was using other networks for very long and things were ok. I have tons of sites and non of them got penalty so far except 3 of them where BMR was used heavily.

                I have checked TLD WITHOUT the .com and none of them are on page 1. These days I am testing each and every network by using different and unique author names. So far got good results with ALN. You have not mentioned about it. What are your thoughts about it?

                Thanks!
                Rajesh
                What page are your sites on WITHOUT TLD?

                I have tested ALN two times on two sites, so far the results are positive and no issues, but I I use it very sparingly. I submitted a couple of sites to ALN and monitoring to see if I see duplicate articles coming in, so far I have not seen them.

                It seems like an important difference between ALN and the others is that they check the blogs and only allow sites with PR, and have hundreds that are PR3+, this at least lets you know there is some meter of site quality where links are being placed, the other networks anyone can submit any site. But, as with anything else, I use ALN carefully and slowly.

                Google is very smart, they have waged war on junk links, things like profile links and link bombs, link schemes are becoming easier to detect and trigger penalties, many of which are algorithmic, and so being careful is more important than ever.
                Signature
                Highest Quality PLR - Content You Will Be Proud To Share With Your Audience - Sign Up For My Email List And Get A Ton Of FREEBIES - https://internetslayers.com

                Giant Women's Health PLR
                Giant Kettlebell PLR Pack
                Yoga PLR eBook/200 + Pcs. Of Meditation/Wellness PLR
                Healthy Cooking 225 Pcs. Of PLR
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5163097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chas08
    Yes, understand your concern. That much movement is usual for fairly new sites, but not two year old sites and sites with that much income and traffic, unless you did something wrong to get them dropped.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4598601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GregSilva
    Never put all your eggs in one basket, my friend. Better to learn now instead of later down the road when the site might have been making $100+ a month. Always try to spread your income sources around!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4598668].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author katied772
      Not sure I understand what you are meaning. Are you saying you think your rankings went down because you were submitting to ALN for sites on the same hosting?
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4598686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by GregSilva View Post

      Never put all your eggs in one basket, my friend. Better to learn now instead of later down the road when the site might have been making $100+ a month. Always try to spread your income sources around!
      To be frank I have 50+ sites covering CPA, Adsense, Amazon etc. So I have tried my best not to put all eggs in one basket.

      Thanks!
      Rajesh
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bryan V
    Hey there Rajesh, did you ever found out why your sites dropped? Was it because of your ALN site linking to your other domains?
    Signature
    Perhaps an attic I shall seek.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647329].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by katied772 View Post

      Not sure I understand what you are meaning. Are you saying you think your rankings went down because you were submitting to ALN for sites on the same hosting?

      No, my further testing shows that ALN has nothing to do with it.

      Originally Posted by Bryan V View Post

      Hey there Rajesh, did you ever found out why your sites dropped? Was it because of your ALN site linking to your other domains?
      Hi Bryan,

      I checked all the sites participating in ALN and none has link to my first site which was dropped. When it got dropped, another new thing was started few days back, which is BMR. I have done BMR for 5 sites and so far 2 stable sites has been discounted from google. I don't think ALN has anything to do with it. I have also done some reverse engineering on some of my competitors and one of them has 10+ sites on same IP and his traffic and rankings seems like increasing because I am checking regularly. After all this so far only BMR is pointing to this drop. But other 3 sites in BMR increased rankings very fast. Originally these 2 also increased and later whole sites got discounted. My first site was having $10K traffic based on SMERush but now it is not there is SMERush. None of my KW is in top 20 of google. Even those with less then 1% competition has been dropped to page 6. But I am still building links at the same speed and adding content. If anything improved I will let you know.

      Thanks!
      Rajesh
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647428].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lovboa
        Banned
        I have also done some reverse engineering on some of my competitors and one of them has 10+ sites on same IP and his traffic and rankings seems like increasing because I am checking regularly.

        Could it be that your competitors discovered that you were attempting reverse engineering to their sites so they striked back with a vengeance?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4735484].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
          Originally Posted by lovboa View Post

          Could it be that your competitors discovered that you were attempting reverse engineering to their sites so they striked back with a vengeance?
          Should not be as I have not done anything bad to beat them. I believe competition should be healthy always.
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4735505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenlee
    hi,

    i suggest building backlinks to your backlinks...maybe this will help to push up the rankings abit..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647493].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by owenlee View Post

      hi,

      i suggest building backlinks to your backlinks...maybe this will help to push up the rankings abit..
      Yes, I have just started doing this from yesterday. Also going to submit 1 quality SEO Press Release every week for these sites. Will update the results in 2 months time again.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad789
    Rajes -

    I agree with the other posts - Google seems to "see-saw" rankings. My site also got a "spike" early in the month then fell off by almost half - now it is climbing again - for no real reason. We are not doing anything unique between these dates other than posting content.

    We may be "sharing" the wealth according to Google's way of handing it out - who knows?

    Attached a screen capture that seems to look something like your description. Not as drastic perhaps - but you can see the spike than down again.

    Great question and good thought provoking post.

    Cheers !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647568].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author serafina
    hello, IMO your ranking dropped because your velocity gone suddenly,your case same as my case. try to build backlink with the same velocity again and your ranking will raise again. google now love steady,natural velocity.btw do you vary your anchor text?
    Signature

    Post Your ads for free---> Glariz<---

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647902].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terry Hatfield
      If you think the drop may of been because the same ip as the backlink site then why not move one of the sites that got penalized to a new ip.

      I don't think they are penalizing your site because of your back links. They may of stopped counting the links due to being in the network which in that case your rankings would of fell because they lost the link juice coming from the link farms.

      In any case, good luck on getting your sites back up and please do keep us updated on your progress.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4647983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
        Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield View Post

        If you think the drop may of been because the same ip as the backlink site then why not move one of the sites that got penalized to a new ip.

        I don't think they are penalizing your site because of your back links. They may of stopped counting the links due to being in the network which in that case your rankings would of fell because they lost the link juice coming from the link farms.

        In any case, good luck on getting your sites back up and please do keep us updated on your progress.
        I have already moved the site to new IP. But my further testing shows it has nothing to do with IP.

        Only big G and give the correct reason. I will be able to give some based on my testing in coming weeks.

        Thanks for the wishes and I will sure update this thread once I have got some answers.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4653705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by serafina View Post

      hello, IMO your ranking dropped because your velocity gone suddenly,your case same as my case. try to build backlink with the same velocity again and your ranking will raise again. google now love steady,natural velocity.btw do you vary your anchor text?
      Maybe you are right. But I have done all the link building in steady speed for last one year. And still doing the same. Will update here in coming weeks/months.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4653695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    To be frank I have 50+ sites covering CPA, Adsense, Amazon etc. So I have tried my best not to put all eggs in one basket.
    You are if they all depend on search traffic.

    James Scholes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4648034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by xxxJamesxxx View Post

      You are if they all depend on search traffic.

      James Scholes
      Yes, you are right as all of them depends on search traffic.

      Rajesh
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4653686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xylement
    One of my site is currently suffering like yours... thanks for sharing so that I know there's someone else out there having the same problem. Well guess I shall wait for 1-2 months time and see if it gets back to the top. =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweetheater
    The same thing happened to one of my websites..I am yet to find the real reason.... How is your website's content...Are they unique... and did you submit for google's reconsideration?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658424].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by sweetheater View Post

      The same thing happened to one of my websites..I am yet to find the real reason.... How is your website's content...Are they unique... and did you submit for google's reconsideration?
      My website is in health sub niche and I can tell you that content is quite unique as I asked few doctors to write the content. I have maximum articles in that niche in compare to my comparators. I have yet to find out the reason for it's drop. My site has dropped in ranking but still indexed. Not sure if we can submit to google for reconsideration. I am just building some quality back links to the KWs with less competition to do some testing. I will update here if I got some results out of it.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658988].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author andyhwlaw
        Hi Rajesh,

        I recently have the same problem as you. 2 of my site ranking all dropped. The only difference from you is that my 2 sites are only 3-4 months old.

        I've no idea what happened and I guess Big G may be updated the algorithm.

        Please keep updating this thread when you have new finding.

        Thanks.

        Andy
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662133].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sweetheater
        Originally Posted by rajeshwatts View Post

        My website is in health sub niche and I can tell you that content is quite unique as I asked few doctors to write the content. I have maximum articles in that niche in compare to my comparators. I have yet to find out the reason for it's drop. My site has dropped in ranking but still indexed. Not sure if we can submit to google for reconsideration. I am just building some quality back links to the KWs with less competition to do some testing. I will update here if I got some results out of it.
        @rajeshwatts.... Any updates or improvements ?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4731746].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
          Originally Posted by sweetheater View Post

          @rajeshwatts.... Any updates or improvements ?
          No. I have already tried moving to new host with new IP. Submitted High Quality PRs (worth $399), also subscribed to high PR home page back links and lastly doing regular back linking as per normal. No change in big G but rankings improved in bing and yahoo. Those 2 sites discounted in big G are still at the same position. I have also tried doing few BMR submissions for 3 very weak KWs and no change in them.

          Thanks!
          Rajesh
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4734587].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sweetheater
            Originally Posted by rajeshwatts View Post

            No. I have already tried moving to new host with new IP. Submitted High Quality PRs (worth $399), also subscribed to high PR home page back links and lastly doing regular back linking as per normal. No change in big G but rankings improved in bing and yahoo. Those 2 sites discounted in big G are still at the same position. I have also tried doing few BMR submissions for 3 very weak KWs and no change in them.

            Thanks!
            Rajesh
            Did you try submitting for google reconsideration!! Google is more transparent with reconsideration now,you might get reply on what the problem really is..
            You can read about it here Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Reconsideration requests get more transparent
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4734928].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
              Originally Posted by sweetheater View Post

              Did you try submitting for google reconsideration!! Google is more transparent with reconsideration now,you might get reply on what the problem really is..
              You can read about it here Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Reconsideration requests get more transparent
              Yes, I have already submitted reconsideration request for one site last week. Have not heard anything yet.
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4735181].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author paulgl
                Originally Posted by rajeshwatts View Post

                Yes, I have already submitted reconsideration request for one site last week. Have not heard anything yet.
                I have no clue what you are talking about. First you say you
                just got dropped and rearranged, now you infer you were de-indexed??!?!?!?

                In all cases like this, when I point out stuff like that, I presume there is
                more to the story than what you are saying.


                If a link from a bad "ip" did anything, then man that bad IP would be
                worth millions of dollars....billions...brazilians..

                Anybody who mixes up a SERP drop with a de-index is probably
                mixing other stuff up. Toss in a little Singapore action...and...
                well, who in Singapore should be buying your SEO?

                Let me quote from one of your "blogs,":
                Stop Begging! Start Manifesting

                Paul
                Signature

                If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4740409].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
                  Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

                  I have no clue what you are talking about. First you say you
                  just got dropped and rearranged, now you infer you were de-indexed??!?!?!?

                  In all cases like this, when I point out stuff like that, I presume there is
                  more to the story than what you are saying.


                  If a link from a bad "ip" did anything, then man that bad IP would be
                  worth millions of dollars....billions...brazilians..

                  Anybody who mixes up a SERP drop with a de-index is probably
                  mixing other stuff up. Toss in a little Singapore action...and...
                  well, who in Singapore should be buying your SEO?

                  Let me quote from one of your "blogs,":
                  Stop Begging! Start Manifesting

                  Paul
                  First of all sorry for the late reply as I did not get any notifications. Today when I visited this thread I saw the replies.

                  Mate you have just read here and there not completely. Maybe you can tell me where the hell I am talking about de-indexing? Does people only submit for reconsideration if their site got de-indexed? You need to check Google guidelines for re-consideration.

                  Maybe you are the ONLY person who can exactly tell why site has dropped from Google. My understanding is that only Google can tell the exact reason. We can just keep on testing different things and based on our testing and experience we can find some clue. But still can't be 100% sure if x thing happened due to y action.

                  Is it anyone's business, especially yours if anyone in Singapore is buying from me or not? On a side note, just FYI I have happy clients from USA, UK, Australia etc. not in Singapore only.

                  Let me quote again "Stop Begging! Start Manifesting" Am I begging anything or dying to get orders from you?

                  If you don't have anything positive to contribute, then stop hammering others for nothing. Go back and work (take action).
                  Signature
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deardarin
    Hi Rajeshwatts.
    Thank for sharing your experience.
    You teach me about nature rule call "unstable" :rolleyes:
    Signature
    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4658465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesGw
    As useful as Google is, people have a point when they say you need to "Google proof" your business. If Google fails, you should still be able to make money. How do you do this? Branding and value.

    Offer real value and people will continue coming back and referring others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4662290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nettech
    Hi Rajesh,

    I have something similar with a 2 year old site. Ive tried backlinking, ading content etc and yet the rankings are still something like 200+.

    I was scratching my head and thought that I may have been hit by an over-optimisation penalty. You might want to look at the content and tweak accordingly.

    The only other thing I can think of is your backlinks have been devalued.

    Please keep us informed.
    Signature

    Thanks
    Zaheer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4736981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rahul2020
    Why you do nothing. If you build links heavily now. It may harm or penalize more. Jumping of website is part of game. My two year old blog which was making me $5 per day last whole month. Now making 50 cents because of drop of ranking. So, i am just adding some links etc. No need to panic. it will come for sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4739517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by rahul2020 View Post

      Why you do nothing. If you build links heavily now. It may harm or penalize more. Jumping of website is part of game. My two year old blog which was making me $5 per day last whole month. Now making 50 cents because of drop of ranking. So, i am just adding some links etc. No need to panic. it will come for sure.
      We are still building link as per normal, due to which rankings improved in Bing and Yahoo. No traffic from Google as 60%+ KWs are not in top 100 and 40% are 60=100 range. Nothing to panic. I just wanted to share so that other warriors can take note or maybe someone has any valuable information to share.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr SAI
    Did you build too much backlinks in a short time? If you did so, Google may penalized your site. Try get quality high PR backlinks from Trust/authorized sites. That may help. Hope your sites will get rank well back soon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4740372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by Sai Khum View Post

      Did you build too much backlinks in a short time? If you did so, Google may penalized your site. Try get quality high PR backlinks from Trust/authorized sites. That may help. Hope your sites will get rank well back soon.
      Hi Mate, we did not build too much links. And in my back linking, I do maintain the diversity and link velocity. Originally only 3 KWs were left in top 100 but now 40% are in top 100 of Google.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeanneLynn
    It's amazing that someone can take a 1 month old site and make that kind of adsense money. My site is 2 months old and I've made only $22 total. I haven't done any backlinking though.

    I hope your income gets back up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092126].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
      You know whats amazing? The huge ammount of bullsh*t comments made by people who don't take the time to read. OP already told a couple of times that his sites are 2 years old.
      Signature
      I dont need to promote anything!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JeanneLynn
        Originally Posted by wegenbelasting View Post

        You know whats amazing? The huge ammount of bullsh*t comments made by people who don't take the time to read. OP already told a couple of times that his sites are 2 years old.
        Yeah, you are right. I caught the "site is only 1 month old" comment in post 2 of this thread. I'm guilty as charged, but it's late and I'm tired.

        I guess many of us only "half read" or skim through posts too fast.

        I know that you admitted doing the same thing in the BMR thread from earlier today. I guess we both must be more careful about reading before posting a comment.

        http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...in-little.html
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092442].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
          Originally Posted by JeanneLynn View Post

          Yeah, you are right. I caught the "site is only 1 month old" comment in post 2 of this thread.

          I guess many of us only "half read" or skim through posts too fast.

          I know that you admitted doing the same thing in the BMR thread from earlier today. I guess we both must be more careful about reading before posting a comment.

          http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...in-little.html
          lol, you are right on that one, see I changed my reading right away

          However, after I wrote that I readed back the particular sentence, let me quote:

          Do you think BMR would be good for a political blog like mine? Also, does it hurt or help the reputation of a site to have backlinks to PR 0 blogs?

          So as you see you did question whether it would be good for a blog like yours. And my answer was no BMR doesnt hurt your site, so afterall I did read well Anyway who cares let's go on, it just amazed me that 3 people in a row mentioned the same "1month old"
          Signature
          I dont need to promote anything!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092454].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
            Originally Posted by wegenbelasting View Post

            lol, you are right on that one, see I changed my reading right away

            However, after I wrote that I readed back the particular sentence, let me quote:

            Do you think BMR would be good for a political blog like mine? Also, does it hurt or help the reputation of a site to have backlinks to PR 0 blogs?

            So as you see you did question whether it would be good for a blog like yours. And my answer was no BMR doesnt hurt your site, so afterall I did read well Anyway who cares let's go on, it just amazed me that 3 people in a row mentioned the same "1month old"
            Thanks wegenbelasting for answering. After all there are positive minded people around in the forum.
            Signature
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5097395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Google.me
    Keep it clean - Google can see everything especially when your in a niche that generates alot of money. I"ll be working towards white hat more then black hat.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5098507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    It's always a good idea to know what links your sites are being posted on, to abvoid scenarios like this
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5098941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bryan V
    The majority of my sites use the networks you mention here without any issues. Less than 1% of them had drops you experienced. The domains that dropped had multiple page 1 rankings for #1-4 positions. For those problem pages, just adding more links (with only about 10% of those being exact match anchor text) brought them back in a few weeks.

    What networks are you testing? I'm waiting for access to TrafficKaboom to test it out.
    Signature
    Perhaps an attic I shall seek.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5160774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rajeshwatts
      Originally Posted by Bryan V View Post

      The majority of my sites use the networks you mention here without any issues. Less than 1% of them had drops you experienced. The domains that dropped had multiple page 1 rankings for #1-4 positions. For those problem pages, just adding more links (with only about 10% of those being exact match anchor text) brought them back in a few weeks.

      What networks are you testing? I'm waiting for access to TrafficKaboom to test it out.
      I am not testing any new networks. I am just testing the effectiveness of each network. For example:

      Recently we have submitted 30 spun articles to 6 networks. After one week below is the indexing results we got in Big G:

      ALN: 165
      ABC: 19
      UAW: 332
      AR: 9
      MAN: 37
      SEOLV: 9

      We have used different author names in these networks.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5161186].message }}

Trending Topics