New Google algorithm, lotta of people getting slapped

22 replies
  • SEO
  • |
What is up guys. I personally have not been slapper (nor do I really rely on SEO traffic) but people I know sites are being slapped left and right, and almost everyone I know is experience a lot of google dancing when there site used to be ranked solidly at 1

Did google change something up again, anybody else here getting this
#algorithm #google #lotta #people #slapped
  • Profile picture of the author ezennaemeka
    Big G and their problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rachel Incoll
    Yes, Google made another update to Panda almost 2 weeks ago (started around 26th Sept) which has knocked some sites around a bit.

    Cheers

    Rach
    Signature
    Sick Of Spending Hour After Hour Searching For Australian Wholesalers?
    Discover Over 1,000 Genuine Australian Wholesalers In Just A Few Minutes At www.AussieWholesaleSuppliers.net.au
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author paulgl
      LOL!!! If a lot of people got slapped, guess what?

      A lot of people got hiked!

      That's how things work. One site goes, another takes
      its place. Pity the fools who get replaced. Clap for
      the ones who got in!

      Can't believe people still cry about google. Stop your
      friggin' sniveling.

      Paul
      Signature

      If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4834977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        LOL!!! If a lot of people got slapped, guess what?

        A lot of people got hiked!

        That's how things work. One site goes, another takes
        its place. Pity the fools who get replaced. Clap for
        the ones who got in!

        Can't believe people still cry about google. Stop your
        friggin' sniveling.

        Paul
        C'mon now Paul,

        People don't want to hear positive news.

        You & I know that the guys that fall in the SERPs did everything right, lol.

        Probably a few sites with 90% of their links on EZA, ya can't win them all.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835032].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        LOL!!! If a lot of people got slapped, guess what?

        A lot of people got hiked!

        That's how things work. One site goes, another takes
        its place. Pity the fools who get replaced. Clap for
        the ones who got in!

        Can't believe people still cry about google. Stop your
        friggin' sniveling.

        Paul
        I don't believe he was crying. He was making an observation and asking if people had noticed a change in Google on an SEO forum. HOW DARE HE!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835062].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheFBGuy
        Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

        LOL!!! If a lot of people got slapped, guess what?

        A lot of people got hiked!

        That's how things work. One site goes, another takes
        its place. Pity the fools who get replaced. Clap for
        the ones who got in!

        Can't believe people still cry about google. Stop your
        friggin' sniveling.

        Paul
        It's very apparent you always jump at Google's defense as if Google pays you or something, but the OP merely asked a simple question. Chill.

        OP: Indeed, there was another "quiet" update about a week or 2 weeks ago now as someone pointed out, and unfortunately some sites suffered, and of course like Google Spokesman paulgl said, some benefited as well, some remained unmoved like my sites, so it's not all bad
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Technology
    Banned
    If you resist the temptation to take shortcuts and deliver quality through and through you are not going to get hit by Google.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835042].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ex9to5guy
    diversify the linkbuilding process and worry no more
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mainze
      The biggest slap will be when PR never returns again...

      ...squeeky bum time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835166].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Z
        Originally Posted by Mainze View Post

        The biggest slap will be when PR never returns again...

        ...squeeky bum time
        Look pagerank will survive, don't worry. Now I'm using my Google toolbar on IE 8 and PR works fine here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835231].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mainze
          Originally Posted by Alex Z View Post

          Look pagerank will survive, don't worry. Now I'm using my Google toolbar on IE 8 and PR works fine here.
          Just kidding

          Google Changes PageRank Toolbar URL: Disabling 3rd Party Tools
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835728].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author paulgl
            I don't jump at the chance to defend google.

            I will call out people who live and die
            by google, then call them broken if things don't work out.

            Get over yourselves. Google really could care less about you
            and your site. Period. People think they are so important, that
            google MUST be broken, have problems, or whatever, because
            they just know that their site is the $#!ts!

            Dang google. They can't do anything right. Their algo is
            broken. They're going down in a heap. They won't last
            much longer, as all webmasters are just seeing their sites
            drop.

            Pretty soon when you google anything, you will get
            zero results. Everybody dropped out. That's the
            logic, right? Everybody is dropping.

            Tune in, turn on, drop out!

            Paul
            Signature

            If you were disappointed in your results today, lower your standards tomorrow.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835969].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Justin Lavoie
              Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

              I don't jump at the chance to defend google.

              I will call out people who live and die
              by google, then call them broken if things don't work out.

              Get over yourselves. Google really could care less about you
              and your site. Period. People think they are so important, that
              google MUST be broken, have problems, or whatever, because
              they just know that their site is the $#!ts!

              Dang google. They can't do anything right. Their algo is
              broken. They're going down in a heap. They won't last
              much longer, as all webmasters are just seeing their sites
              drop.

              Pretty soon when you google anything, you will get
              zero results. Everybody dropped out. That's the
              logic, right? Everybody is dropping.

              Tune in, turn on, drop out!

              Paul
              Ok Paul we got your fabulous point. I think the guy was just asking a simple question, not asking why google doesnt like his website... :rolleyes:
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4837475].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author dp40oz
              Originally Posted by paulgl View Post

              I don't jump at the chance to defend google.

              I will call out people who live and die
              by google, then call them broken if things don't work out.

              Get over yourselves. Google really could care less about you
              and your site. Period. People think they are so important, that
              google MUST be broken, have problems, or whatever, because
              they just know that their site is the $#!ts!

              Dang google. They can't do anything right. Their algo is
              broken. They're going down in a heap. They won't last
              much longer, as all webmasters are just seeing their sites
              drop.

              Pretty soon when you google anything, you will get
              zero results. Everybody dropped out. That's the
              logic, right? Everybody is dropping.

              Tune in, turn on, drop out!

              Paul
              That is not at all what it is. People complain about Google because this is a forum dedicated to search engine optimization. Check the title "Adsense/PPC/SEO…". Now Google being the major search engine this is where we should discuss things and vent especially to those who are dealing with Google everyday. Its like complaining about your boss or something. Everyone does it.

              Whether its your opinion that people who rely on Google for a living are stupid then fine. Then I am sure you believe that people who rely on the stock market or any other unpredictable thing are stupid too. I would just love to know what do you do on the internet then? You constantly yell at people on this forum for doing any sort of SEO yet the forum is about doing SEO. You claim everything you do is all whitehat ect… so my question is WHAT DO YOU DO? Where is your website that is so holy and awesome. That drives immense traffic without needing Google and makes you a ton of money. Maybe i'll eat my words but I just can't take you berating everyone around here when they discuss anything to do with Google.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4838362].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author TheFBGuy
                Originally Posted by dp40oz View Post

                Then I am sure you believe that people who rely on the stock market or any other unpredictable thing are stupid too. I would just love to know what do you do on the internet then?
                According his awesome logic, indeed they are stupid, in fact anyone who relies on anyone is stupid as well. Great example, I think paulgl should take a trip to Wall street for a day... and witness how dependent on the stock market those people are, I am sure he would have a good laugh.

                Google has over 70 percent market share in Search, millions upon millions of people search Google everyday, so why is it a sin to reply on Google to display a person's website so the people "searching" can find you? Lol, if almighty Google doesn't want this much domination, then that's fine, which of course is not the case, so like they say "with great power, comes great responsibility."
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4840408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author charto911
    diversify your websites, as well as your pages on site that you build links to (in case one page falls off you still have 400 others getting traffic) and diversify your link building processes and you will be fine. The problem is too many inexperienced SEOs or people who just dont know what they are doing or are too BH.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4835435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Ward
    My traffic increased about +25% because of the recent events. No complaints here!

    Of course, I've experienced my share of dances, etc. It feels good to be on the other side of the fence for once, especially because I've been putting a lot of effort into what I was hoping would be good for Panda, etc.
    Signature
    "Keep moving forward."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836262].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ElegantDesigns
      Is it true that the new Google Algorithm updates websites' rankings at a daily basis? I came upon this article and got a shock, it states as if every hour your website will dance around the rankings.

      Can anyone advise?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4836364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    Google changes their algorithm around 2 times pre day even if they are minor changes. It is a fluid amount of changes so anything can happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4837854].message }}
  • Out of the millions of websites what percentage are being "slapped"?

    Anyone know?

    And for everyone slapped someone else moves up!

    Anytime Google cleans out the spammy crap sites real webmasters who create real content benefit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4839772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wildjohnny
    I noticed only positive move with my rankings. Not big, but some slightly changes. If you are doing everything by rules and give people some real value, you don't have to worry about big G.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842619].message }}

Trending Topics